My New Bracelet for Goals

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • I decided my new non-food rewards would be a charm on a charm bracelet. I've always wanted one and this is my way to get one.

First, I bought a make chain mail kit since it was cheaper than your average charm bracelet blank. I just finished making it and here it is with my first charm. I haven't officially weighed in with Weight Watchers because of the really bad weather here but my scale says I am well past my goal. I've already bought my next goal's charm and a charm that is a tape measure for when I start exercising and see the differences in the measurements!

• It's gorgeous! What a great idea, and I love the link pattern you've chosen.
  • I really love the idea, it sounds like it could be great motivation. Plus, we all need a reward from time to time.
  • It's beautiful!
  • I was thinking what motivation reward I should get that is non-food related and omg, this is such a great idea!
  • That is a great idea! Your bracelet will be extra beautiful with all of your charms.
  • Nice bracelet - I also like your idea of a tape measure charm. It will be full before you know it. What goals are you hitting between each charm? have you set a number of pounds, inches?

Angie
  • What a GREAT idea!!!!
    Where did you get the kit? It's a lovely bracelet!
  • That is such a good idea! And your bracelet is beautiful!
  • Cool! I can't wait to see it when you are at goal!
  • I really like this idea. You know, I have a charm bracelet and you have inspired me to dig it out and add to it. When I was younger I loved going to choose a new charm. Maybe I will start getting symbolic ones for my weight loss journey as well.
  • I've thought about doing this before... I love charm bracelets. How often are you buying new charms? I guess it depends on how loaded you want your bracelet. I thought about doing even 5-10lbs.
  • That's a great idea!!

And I love your bracelet. I love making chain mail!
  • Sandi --- You make chain mail? SCA? Interesting!
  • Thanks everyone!

I used this kit but only made a bracelet. I have extras now. I'm pretty crafty so I had extra jewelry clasps to use with it.

It tells you how to do it. It's a "helms necklace." Hobby Lobby also has different other kits. I liked this the best because it was plain yet fancy yet wasn't heavy.

These are the goal charms I will have:
    5% (got it) weight lost
    10%
    15%
    20%
    25%
    And how many other percents I have till I hit goal. It's between 25% to 35%.
    Also, one hundred pounds lost goal, Onederland goal, my lowest weight goal, doing another 5 k goal, exercising regularly goal and I'm sure there are a few more that I can't think of right now. ^_^