3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   It's taking every single OUNCE of my willpower... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/162832-its-taking-every-single-ounce-my-willpower.html)

cfmama 01-27-2009 04:34 PM

It's taking every single OUNCE of my willpower...

not to say to my husband right this second

DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW MANY CALORIES YOU ARE INGESTING RIGHT NOW!!!!

So I'll tell you guys ;)

Two sandwiches (NO ONE needs TWO sandwiches)
on white italian bread (that he bought for himself)
with about 8 tablespoons of hummus
6 slices of cheese (about 3 oz worth)
about 4 T of mayo
lettuce
tomato's
sprouts
cucumbers...

and he's ALL PROUD because it's a veggie sandwich!!!

Okay lets tally:
4 slices bread - 320 cals
8 T hummus- 240 cals
3 oz cheese- 360 cals
4 T mayo- 400 cals
veggies- 30 cals

1350 calories.

I eat 1500 today (low calorie cycling day)

wow.

AND he ate the last of my hummus :mad:

Naughtymonkey01 01-27-2009 04:39 PM

LOL girl I know of what you speak. When I am counting cals, i will sit there figuring out how much i can eat for the smallest cals and someone *coughcough* will come, open the fridge and like pile up on food and leave.

man...no fair! lol

DishyFishy 01-27-2009 04:50 PM

I hear you! My hubby is slim, and I'm both appalled and fascinated by just how much he can put away! :faint:

This was my fave part of your post though! :rofl: Hope you don't mind my giggling.
Quote:

Originally Posted by cfmama (Post 2579449)
veggies- 30 cals

Sorry about your hummus though. He needs sorting out...! :club:

Michelle98272 01-27-2009 04:55 PM

I bit my tongue for months while I dieted and BF didn't. He is a very large man and ate VERY large portions. He would cook enough food for our evening meal to feed 8 people. I'd have my little diet portion, he'd eat atleast half of what he prepared and then put the rest in the fridge for his "lunch" the next day.

About a week and a half ago, he got tired of not being able to sleep lying down (apnea) and decided to lose weight. We borrowed a neighbors scale (ours only goes to 300) to weigh him, half on ours-half on the other. He's 390+ lbs.

He now watches his calories like a hawk and even has commented to me "Did you know that such and such has 1000 calories?!?" I'm glad he's motivated to get healthy. It was hard not to nag before, for sure!!

cooperistic 01-27-2009 04:58 PM

Isn't it the worst? My boyfriend alway eats just ridiculous amounts of food and never gains a pound. It's so unfair.

TJFitnessDiva 01-27-2009 05:04 PM

lol I've wanted to scream at my best friend....she would do the same thing BUT all with "healthy" food and said look I'm eating healthy...why am I not losing weight?! or my fav...it's all healthy so I can eat as much as I want *sigh*

When she lived with me after Hurricane Gustav she would eat the last of the stuff I was really craving and the worst is picking up the container thinking you still had some left lol

Trazey34 01-27-2009 05:49 PM

hehe i think we've all been there - i see my DH eating like a starving wolverine!! He's BIG (6'4 and about 280) but not fat/loosey goosey he's a tank, and when he feels flabby he quits drinking beer and eating so much for about TWO WEEKS and boom, he's he's highschool football weight!!! i kind of hate him! heheheh

And my friend Ingrid, she's 5'4 and about 105 soaking wet - i've seen her sit and eat an entire family-sized bag of m&ms!!! of course the difference is that it's rare, and 99% of the time she eats well and exercises BLAH BLAH BLAH it doesn't matter that i spent 99% of my life shoveling in CRAP, the only thing that's relevant is she can eat m&ms and i can't! wahhhhhhhhh

Daimere 01-27-2009 06:20 PM

I will honestly tell my boyfriend how many WW points he's ingesting. Usually per meal, he eats 10 points extra than me. Then, 2 hours later, he eats a pbj sandwich. One time he shot back at me, "I'm a man, I deserve more points." WRONG. I went to the bedroom and grabbed the WW survey. He only got 6 pts extra than me just for being a man.

onestar 01-27-2009 06:23 PM

yeah my dh has a hot :love: body and he can eat/drink whatever and never gain anything! i'm jealous. but he does do a lot of physical work though.....

LesliesMom 01-27-2009 07:09 PM

Too funny. I watch what my husband eats and most of the time I am horrified. He has some weight to lose, but he's a junk food junky and it won't change until he want's to. I have started pointing out the calories in some things (trying to not be naggy) he always seems shocked, we'll see if it changes.

I love that it was a veggie sandwhich. It had to be healthy!!! :)

Angie

JulieJ08 01-27-2009 07:45 PM

How do you even eat a sandwich with 1/2 cup of hummus without most of it dripping down your chin and arms??!! :)

Bee20nine 01-27-2009 08:02 PM

I hate it when anyone in my family eats the last of any of my diet food that is grounds for a brawl.

My family can be the worst bunch of eaters ever, and I used to be too. I was of the crowd that I eat healthy stuff so I can have more of it. I am just like do you realize that you just ate 3 servings of XXXX, sometimes I tell them depending on who it is but most of the time I just keep my mouth shut and prove how eat in right portion and right content can lead to losing weight.

cfmama 01-27-2009 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JulieJ08 (Post 2579850)
How do you even eat a sandwich with 1/2 cup of hummus without most of it dripping down your chin and arms??!! :)

I have NO idea... lol!!!

rockinrobin 01-27-2009 08:42 PM

Okay, I'm sorry about your hubby's eating habits, but I'm just so darn relieved that you are not going through a difficult kind of craving or something. Which is what I thought from the thread title.

Ya scared me there for a minute.

Okay, now I sound like a stalker. I promise you I'm not, I've just been noticing how incredible you've been doing and I've really been rooting for you.

About your DH. Hopefully he will be inspired by you to change his ways and jump on the healthy eating band wagon. That's all we can hope for.

Michelle98272 01-27-2009 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockinrobin (Post 2579980)
Okay, I'm sorry about your hubby's eating habits, but I'm just so darn relieved that you are not going through a difficult kind of craving or something. Which is what I thought from the thread title.

Ya scared me there for a minute.

Okay, now I sound like a stalker. I promise you I'm not, I've just been noticing how incredible you've been doing and I've really been rooting for you.

About your DH. Hopefully he will be inspired by you to change his ways and jump on the healthy eating band wagon. That's all we can hope for.

I'm with you on that Robin! When I saw the thread title, I felt worried for CFMamma (Tammy?) I thought, "Oh, no..she's doing so good. I hope this isn't bad!"

I'm not a stalker either!! but I admire CFMama's determination and sassy spirit! :hug: