3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Mourning the loss of Qdoba (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/162719-mourning-loss-qdoba.html)

thinpossible 01-26-2009 02:18 PM

Mourning the loss of Qdoba

It's lunch time and I'm starving. I look up the calories for my favorite nachos at Qdoba, and low and behold, they're about 900 calories. :eek: Obviously there's no way that's going to fit into my plan. So I'm having a sweet potato and some canned salmon. Which is yummy too, but you know, not nachos. I think I'm only going to be able to have chicken nachos at qdoba about once or twice a year (if that), instead of a week :lol:

rockinrobin 01-26-2009 02:22 PM

How about making your own nachos at home? I'm not exactly sure what's on the nachos that you're speaking about, but I'm sure you can duplicate something fairly similar at home for oodles less calories.

lottie63 01-26-2009 02:50 PM

I agree with rockinrockin. If you make nachos at home with multi grain nachos (one serving, 8 chips, they are large, and 150 calls) and use soem tostitos con queso (40 cals per 2 tbls, not bad at all!, just dip them instead of slathering it on the plate, it will go a lot further!) you can put black beans in taco seasoning on top in place of ground beef, or maybe some lean chicken and veggies, jalapenos, onions, etc. low fat sour cream...
25 cals for 2 tbls.

You could even have one serving for 215 cals (8 chips, two tbls cheese and 2 tbls sour cream, not counting any meat/meat replacement product) That's not bad at all. :D One serving with added meat/beans would probably be quite filling and used as sa meal instead of a snack.

Glory87 01-26-2009 03:04 PM

I love Qdoba and ate there often after I changed my life. I would get the naked chicken burrito with extra pico de gallo and extra romaine (no cheese, no sour cream). I would get a little guac on the side. Tasted GREAT and fulfilled my Qdoba craving (before I changed my life, I always got the nachos ;)

nelie 01-26-2009 03:32 PM

I used to like Qdoba (never had nachos) but since I gave up meat, it doesn't really have any options for me. Although Baja Fresh was the place I used to love but its just not the same. Now my favorite place to go is Chipotle which is funny because it used to be my least favorite place. I guess I find that as time goes on, we change our choices in food, old favorites become not so much and we emerge with new favorites.

beerab 01-26-2009 03:44 PM

I love Chipotle Nelie! I haven't gone since I started dieting but man I miss it lol. I plan on going back someday but most likely getting their salads.

nelie 01-26-2009 04:07 PM

beerab - Chipotle is my place to go when I want to be completely on plan :) Basically a salad (I don't care for rice much anyway), no salad dressing, double black beans, double grilled veggies, tomato salsa, corn salsa (sometimes), hot red salsa, guac on the side and another layer of lettuce. It comes out to around 300 calories depending on the variation.

Glory87 01-26-2009 05:28 PM

Yep! I live in the land of Chipotle, not Qdoba anymore. Chipotle is my "fast food" destination of choice - I love it and it's completely on plan.

thinpossible 01-26-2009 09:01 PM

Thanks for the heads up about Chipotle guys!
Quote:

Originally Posted by nelie (Post 2577024)
beerab - Chipotle is my place to go when I want to be completely on plan :) Basically a salad (I don't care for rice much anyway), no salad dressing, double black beans, double grilled veggies, tomato salsa, corn salsa (sometimes), hot red salsa, guac on the side and another layer of lettuce. It comes out to around 300 calories depending on the variation.

I will try this.