Are your significant others at a healthy weight?

You're on Page 2 of 4
Go to
  • My BF is what I always call "long and lean". He's in great shape and, even though he doesn't come out and say it, I think that he gets disappointed in me that it's so hard for me. He's very aware of what he eats and works out almost daily. It all makes him very, very pretty to look at though!
  • Hubby and I enable each other. He's very overweight, too. We are on this journey together. He's an amazing support when he's on-plan with me.
  • If my husband's metabolism could have a name, it would be "Speed Racer".
    He is 6ft 1inch...and 1/2. He weighs 185 right now. He is LONG. He has a long torso, long arms, long legs...
    I have seen him eat $10 worth of Taco Bell by himself, and be hungry again an hour later, yet the scale doesn't move!!!! He just turned 40 on Saturday so I wonder if his metabolism will ever give out!
  • My late husband was very thin! Never had a weight problem. He loved to eat! The thing is...he also hated fast food. He wanted a proper sit down meal 3 times per day. And one small sweet. Even his snacks were a production and eaten at the table. There was no grab something on the run with him. He loved his food and he made time to enjoy it. I'm trying to learn from his example.
  • Mine is a healthy weight & works out religiously....he also has a very physical job where he is free climbing a lot (he inspects ships). I was thinner than him until I had my first child (I went from 140 to 210 pounds,ugh) but if it's bothered him he has never shown it.
  • mine could shave 15 or 20lbs off. He also drinks like 6 beers a day most days....since I am getting control of my weight he is working on his beer consumption...he will drop the weight just from the drop in beer. He was sick a couple of years ago and was not drinking anything he lost 20 lbs.

I will say he could use a bit more fruit and veg...but otherwise he eats pretty well....I just used to eat like 2x or more what he did ya know have way to much pizza and blame it on the kids...lmao...where did it go?..I don't know ....kids musta snagged the last 4 pieces.....whistles....and walks away.
  • My DH is 6'0" and weighs around 160. He was about 145 when I met him 9 years ago.. a bit too thin for his height! He is eating a lot better and trying to put on a bit of weight.
  • Rhonda, sounds like our SO's are similar.

My DBF is 5'11 and about 290 (he posts around 3fc under Masstacular). When he is OP with me he is wonderful support. It just sucks watching him lose 10 for my 4
  • Well we are opposites for sure---my husband is 6'5 and if lucky weighs about 155 dripping wet. I think I have only seen him about another 5 lbs heavier in the last 5 years. He is tall, thin, muscular and has tried anything and everything to gain weight. His twin is also the same. I wish I had his metabolism---he doesn't even have to work out. But he is a great supporter--he has seen me at my highest and I have have always been over 200 since we've been together.
  • the thinnest i've been as an adult was 226. and i ate like a horse, i could eat huge steak and chips with loads of veg and a few pints of beer than 3 hours later eat a roast dinner.

however now i'm very picky about my food i dread putting on a pound even if it is only dead weight of undigested food
  • My dear sweet SigO is 6' and says he weighs 350#. I am not sure I believe him (my scale only goes up to 300#). He has been overweight since I met him, and stubbornly refuses to adopt any of my healthy advances. He eats a lot, why have one sandwich when you can have two; snacks out of the bag, when I weigh out my pita chips and put them in a bowl; and drinks diet soda by the case while shunning water, or even juice unless it is mixed with alcohol. He won't exercise, although he is happy to rib me about my gym time or exercise DVDs, and will not, (will not!!) go to the trouble of journeling his food choices.
    I think he doesn't want to acknowledge what is right in front of him. He has sleep apnea (which he does treat, thank goodness), and high blood pressure and colesteral (which he doesn't). The scary thing is, he isn't 30 yet, and I am scared that if he doesn't make changes for himself, I will loose him far sooner than... well.... sooner than is reasonable.
  • My hubby is 6'5 and weighs less than I do, but is still on the chubby side. When we met we were both skinny and tall, but I never really watched what I ate, started losing all my sports/excercise and ballooned. He also ballooned, but not as bad as I did. He's not doing my changes with me, in fact he brought home McDonalds the other day But I'm hoping eventually he will. While he's not super over weight he has high cholesterol and blood pressure and takes pills for both. But he's also diabetic and really needs to monitor his food better. He did finally quit smoking though, and I think he's waiting until that change is solid before starting something else which I can understand
  • He's overweight too, but not at much as me.
    Kills me that he can drop weight on a dime and I struggle....when he does that I just eat enough for the both of us and balloon out. sigh.

NOT THIS TIME!
  • Quote: My hubby is 6'5 and weighs less than I do, but is still on the chubby side. When we met we were both skinny and tall, but I never really watched what I ate, started losing all my sports/excercise and ballooned. He also ballooned, but not as bad as I did. He's not doing my changes with me, in fact he brought home McDonalds the other day But I'm hoping eventually he will. While he's not super over weight he has high cholesterol and blood pressure and takes pills for both. But he's also diabetic and really needs to monitor his food better. He did finally quit smoking though, and I think he's waiting until that change is solid before starting something else which I can understand
    tell him to be careful. My real dad lost both his legs and went blind before his kidneys failed him and he died, from diabetes. dying in pieces, not so fun I imagine.

this is my major motivating factor right now. I'm 29 and SO scared of getting serious weight related health problems.

I dont' mean to sound gloom and doom on you, but my real dad its like, you'd think after he started losing the first few body parts he would have watched, but I Guess he just never did.
  • My ex was underweight (5'11 1/2, a very bony 170) until a couple of years before our divorce. He began putting on weight rapidly--depression--and before he knew it he was over 200.

We both lost weight together in early 2003, then he demanded a divorce out of the blue. Affair. He remarried as soon as the divorce was final and he's kept his off (I have to see him periodically).