Safe foods for "fat" craving?

• I have my snack attacks pretty well nailed down. I use the Kashi cereal bars for a sweet/sugar/carby craving. I use 100 calorie Chex mix or Goldfish pretzel packs for salt/savory cravings.

Sometimes, though... I have this other craving that is hard to define... like a need for something greasy and fatty like a taco or potato chips or nachos. Is there anything that can fit on plan that might calm that down or is this just something I'll have to fight through?
  • I like whole grain tortilla chips and dip them in tostios con queso. It's 40 cals for 2 tbls, which isn't all that bad.

Also, I like to make pita pizzas which when I want somethign greasy (they raen't greasy at all) They stil seem to satisfy that particular craving. Must be the cheese. Sometimes I use ff, and sometimes regular.
  • What about peanut butter on crackers or a small handful of nuts? You'll get the "fat" you are craving, but it'll be the healthy kind and if you watch the portions it doesn't need to be too high in calories.
  • What plan are you on? The plan I am on I can have chips and tacos though I don't indulge.
  • Quote: What plan are you on? The plan I am on I can have chips and tacos though I don't indulge.
    me too.
  • I make a black bean & chicken burrito mix in the crockpot & it freezes really well--you can use it on a taco or burrito shell or mix it into a salad with a couple of crushed tortilla chips. I am on WW & it is low points. I make a large amount since there are 6 of us but you can adjust it:

5 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
    1 bag of frozen corn
    2 cans of black beans (drained & rinsed)
    1 large jar of mild & smooth taco sauce
    Throw everything in the crock-pot & cook on high for 6 hours. Take each chicken breast out & fork shred it & mix it back into the pot.

We eat it for several days or I freeze it. I usually eat about 1/2 cup on a large salad with 1 taco shell crushed up--super yummy. There is enough flavor & liquid to skip cheese or dressing, but if I have enough points I will add 1/8 cup of ff cheddar & 2 tbsp of ff sour cream.
  • I make a quesadilla - fat free refried beans, 2% Kraft cheese, and the ultimate - avocado - with julio's salsa. a very thick one for me is 300 calories. And the avocado by itself would do it for me too.
  • I would make guacamole and eat it with either wedges of whole wheat pita or strips of bell pepper, depending on how much I am going to eat. OR I second the nuts. You could try having natural peanut butter on celery or apples. nuts and avocados have the satiating fat you crave but it isn't the artery clogging kind. Just have one serving and see if that does it for you.