3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   a tiny gain, but it's okay! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/162468-tiny-gain-but-its-okay.html)

Jennelle 01-23-2009 06:34 PM

a tiny gain, but it's okay!

My weigh-in day is Thursday. I weigh in the mornings, naked, as soon as I get out of bed (and after I pee). This week, I gained 0.4 lbs. but I am fine with it. I looked back to see where I could have done better, and I realized that I didn't eat very well this weekend. I never went over my Points (I do WW online), but I also didn't eat nearly as many fruits and veggies as I did during the week. (I pack my lunch and almost always have a salad, and my packed snacks always include at least one piece of fruit.) I also ate a large meal out the night before. (Once again, within my Points limits, but still a big meal.)

Overall, I've lost 8.6 lbs. in 3 weeks and am still on target for my first goal, which is 52 lbs. in 52 weeks. I'm posting this not just to keep myself accountable, but in the hopes that maybe my post will keep someone else's tiny gain from being a binge-fest.

Redflame 01-23-2009 06:42 PM

great job, and even better attitude

Beautiful Ace 01-23-2009 06:46 PM

I agree, very very very admirable attitude<3 keep up the good work and post lots so you can rub off on other people!

lottie63 01-23-2009 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jennelle (Post 2571614)
My weigh-in day is Thursday. I weigh in the mornings, naked, as soon as I get out of bed (and after I pee). This week, I gained 0.4 lbs. but I am fine with it. I looked back to see where I could have done better, and I realized that I didn't eat very well this weekend. I never went over my Points (I do WW online), but I also didn't eat nearly as many fruits and veggies as I did during the week. (I pack my lunch and almost always have a salad, and my packed snacks always include at least one piece of fruit.) I also ate a large meal out the night before. (Once again, within my Points limits, but still a big meal.)

Overall, I've lost 8.6 lbs. in 3 weeks and am still on target for my first goal, which is 52 lbs. in 52 weeks. I'm posting this not just to keep myself accountable, but in the hopes that maybe my post will keep someone else's tiny gain from being a binge-fest.

This is a great attitude and congrats on the weight loss so far. 52 lbs in 52 weeks is quite a sensible goal! :D you can do it!

TraceyElaine 01-24-2009 06:48 AM

It's great that you can pinpoint where change can be made. Sometimes it takes some trial and error. You find out what works and what doesn't. Sounds like you are doing great tho. Keep up the good work.

Scarlet 01-24-2009 01:24 PM

There are so many people that would have given up after a weighin like that--so by realizing it happens and continuing on your weight loss journey, you are creating the habits and attitudes you need to get every one of those 52 lbs off--this is wonderful!!

I know that I will have weeks where I lose wonderfully, weeks where I stay the same, weeks where I gain a little even though I stay on plan, and unfortunately a few weeks here and there where I gain a little because I ate the wrong thing or too much...it's all part of life. The most important thing is to keep moving forward, treat each day new without regrets or guilt (unless you need to learn something) and get on with it!!

Good luck, your post was just what I needed today after a bad day yesterday--I'm on plan and moving forward and you motivated me so thank you!!