Old 01-23-2009, 12:05 PM   #46  
yay! summertime!

S/C/G: 265/235/135

Height: 5'7"

Happy Friday, everyone!

BeverlyJoy: Good for you for being on plan yesterday and I bet you stay on plan today, too! . Congratulations on staying on plan at Wendy’s --- that would have been very difficult for me. Keep up the good work!

Schmoodle: Your plan looks very tasty! As for the new recipe last night, my husband claimed it was like fruit cocktail chicken (and that wasn’t a compliment!) Not one of my more successful attempts. Your Friday night plan sounds relaxed and warm and just the thing after a stressful week. Have fun!

Mj5: I’m sorry your knee is giving you so much trouble right now --- it’s hard to push your hardest when pain is dragging you down. I don’t have a lot of experience with exercise routine and shaking them up, but it occurs to me that some of it can be done within the privacy of your own head: you can be in training for a Mission Impossible with Tom Cruise, you can be on camera with the Biggest Loser TV show, you can be Madonna staying sane on tour, all for free and all completely unknown to the dude on the treadmill next to you. Hope your niece plays well and let us know if your brother has some cool ideas for really shaking things up.

Today's plan:
B: oatmeal with yogurt
S: 1/2 grapefruit
L: salad
S: hard-boiled egg, maybe?
D: stir fry with brown rice

I need to keep working on the water and I will try to walk farther than I did day before yesterday. My husband will be out of town for a few days and my son is sick, so I think my weekend will be pretty quiet.

Now, let's go kick some fat OUT OF HERE! lol
Numina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 12:37 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 331 highest 308/see ticker/185

MJ--knee replacements have a 10 year life generally, less with added weight, more with healthy weight and activity level. My DH had one and sure wishes he could have the other one done. He actually had to have the surgery two times, the first doctor left bone spurs in and 3 month later they had to remove part of the hardware, clean verything up and replace.....he would do that ALL over again in a heart beat!

Schmoodle--what a great new trend you have started, remember it only takes 21 days to make a habit (good or bad!)

Bev--awesome progress on identifying problems and creating new habits

Girlygirl--great job on the scale success

Seashell--are you still dancing?

Lottie--your night with a friend sounds wonderful, especially the 3 hour long tea!

Megcandoit--what did the kitchen cupboards suggest to you? Mine won't talk often

Numina--how did your new crockpot creation turn out?

For me yesterday was hectic, we did not get home till 9. The kids made me two egg sammiches to eat in the car at 4pm running from work to church band practice----I tore most the bread crusts off, and only ate where the egg was.....then found out they used 2 eggs per sammich (fried eggs) I would have made 1 egg sammiches. So that meal was like 900 calories! Holy cow! When I got home my son made hummus (our first attempt) and I had some pita chips and carrots with it, it was fabulous!

Today;
B coffee
L hummus carrots, celery pita chips
D alone or maybe with DH, kids are gone this weekend, dont know yet
Redflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 12:44 PM   #48  
Nicole

S/C/G: 261/226/140

Good morning everybody!

Well, it's going to be another hot one here. It's just after 6:30am and it's already close to 20 - they're predicting early 30's for the day. I can handle that - it's when it gets above about 34 I start struggling.

I had an awesome night last night. We had a change of plans and went into town to the Busker's Festival instead. We had drinks and nibbles at a vegetarian restaurant - it's a little bit naff now, but in the 90s it was the most popular place in town - and watched a couple of acts. Some were really good, and a couple were really strange...

I had my first training session with my trainer yesterday. I'm actually fitter than I thought I was, but my core and abs need work. Not really surprised to hear that, although I was surprised to learn that my fitness level wasn't too bad. OK, it wasn't brilliant either - let's be realistic here!

Today, I'm going to go to the gym and then go out and see my friend in hospital - she's come through the operation well, which is fantastic! Once she's had time to recover, she's not going to know herself - her quality of life is going to improve so much.

I can't stop for personals at the moment, sorry. Will check in this afternoon or tonight.

Have an awesome day, everyone!
nicolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 12:45 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Redflame -somehow I missed saying Hi this morning to you. About men losing faster - Dr. Oz says it's physiological because woman are built to have babies - so we hold on to our fat longer than men. Boo-hoo It's not fair!

Hmm - homemade hummus. Sounds good.

Have a great day.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 03:42 PM   #50  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Hi again. I am SO ready to leave...the drama continues, today w/ tears.

Numia--Thanks for the suggestions! They might really work, after all, it's the mental part that is the hardest for me! I'll give it a try! I just hope I don't actually start singing while I am at the gym, that could be a VERY bad thing. LOL!!!! I need to make sure I get my water in this weekend, too. I do well during the week, but for some reason on the weekends I forget to drink as much.

Redflame--Ooh, your poor dh! I'm only 38, so having it done soon would mean having it re-done at least once. I've asked my ortho for a knee like the bionic man, but he said no. Mmm, your hummus recipe looks really good. I think I have all of the stuff (except something to dip into it) and I have to stop at the store tonight, so I will get some carrots or something. I LOVE garlic (can't have too much garlic in anything!)....even one of our dogs LOVES garlic--I knew we picked her for a reason! She loves coffee too...gotta watch her or she'll stick her nose in your cup! The other dogs loves beer. Silly dogs!

I'm trying to come up w/ something yummy and healthy for dinner tonight. I forgot to take something out of the freezer, so I will stop at the store quick and get something. I am thinking a stir fry, but we'll see what I come up with.

I am going to the gym, even though my knee hurts. Gotta keep those muscles strong for when I do have surgery!

nicolen--Sounds like you had a great time! Isn't it nice to find out that you are in better shape than you thought? Great job!!! Stay cool!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 07:34 PM   #51  
mj5

Numia--Just had to let you know that it was super hard to resist singing!!! I actually started laughing when a Madonna song came on my mp3 player. (I have an odd assortment of music, but it keeps me moving!) What worked the best was pretending a trainer was there pushing me on. I also chose not to read while I was on the bike--just music. I worked alot harder than I have been.

Redflame--What temp do you roast your garlic at? I am making hummus tomorrow. YUM! I can't wait!!!!

Ok, so a good workout at the gym. I have also already picked out a watp dvd for tomorrow. It is sitting on the coffee table. Dh said he might do it w/ me. Not sure about that....I don't usually like him in the same room w/ me, but if he is doing it too, it will be ok.
Old 01-24-2009, 07:14 AM   #52  

Hi Chicks - I am happy to say that yesterday was day seven of being on my plan. I am very grateful.

Today I need to tidy up my office and do some paper work and hang out with DH.

meditation
stretches and strengthening
lots of water
visualize myself at a smaller size
aware eating with no distractions

breakfast - corn bread, ff cottage cheese, 1/2 banana
lunch - open face turkey and lite cheese, beets with lite sour cream
snack - strawberries
dinner - leftover sloppy joes on toast, green bean salad
snack - pnb and honey toast

MJ - hope your knee is calming down. Hope the different music makes your workout more fun.

Nicolen - so glad to hear your friend is doing well. Keep yourself cooled down with lots of water.

Numina - hope your son feels better and you got your walk in. It's hard when spouses are gone to get time for ourselves when we have children in the house.

Hi Redflame - hope you're having a good day.

Hi Schmoodle - busy, busy busy indeed. It's nice that the kids have grandparents close enough to spend overnights. Will DH have to travel and be away so much with his new job. I am going to make a turkey meatloaf soon. DH is a food wimp and doesn't like to try new things.

Enjoy your Saturday, folks. Shout out to the anyone else that stops by for a peek.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 01-24-2009 at 07:20 AM.
Old 01-24-2009, 10:23 AM   #53  

S/C/G: 268/ticker/140

Height: 5'6

Hi everyone. Yet another week goes by and I miss it! DS was in the hospital for a few days (he was really sick!) but is home now. YAY! I did well considering. Ended up with a couple 2000 calorie days, which is about 300-400 higher, but considering it was fast food, the sodium is what really killed me.

However, back on track and trying to catch up here. Keep em crossed for me to have a nice, calm, normal week next week.
S.A.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 10:51 AM   #54  
mj5

Good Morning! I should be getting some cleaning done before the basketball game, but wanted to pop in here first.

Beverlyjoy--Congrats on 7 days op!!! Great job!

Schmoodle--I agree w/ Beverlyjoy, having grandparents close so the kids can spend the night is awesome!!! I was lucky enough to grow up w/ both sets of grandparents close and often spent the night w/ them. Some of our best memories are of those times!!!

Randi--Oh no, I hope ds is better. Take care of yourself, too. Drink lots of water this weekend.

I have the garlic roasting in the oven--I can't wait to make some hummus! Last night I bought some yummy veggies for dipping, so that's what I'll be snacking on later today. Even some pita to try making my own pita chips. For some reason I thought it was harder to roast garlic....silly me! We'll be using LOTS of roasted garlic from now on!!!!!

Have a great OP day everyone!
Old 01-24-2009, 12:37 PM   #55  
Nicole

S/C/G: 261/226/140

Good morning, everyone!

Not sure what happened yesterday, but I didn't make it back here. Such is life, I suppose!

Had another good day yesterday - had a good workout at the gym and then caught the bus out to Burwood to see my friend. She just looks so good. She had a hip replacement and she said that there's pain from the wound, obviously, but the constant pain that she was in has gone. In a week or so once the wound's healed, she's not going to know herself!

Today I'm not planning on going anywhere. It's a rest day from the gym and once again the house looks like a bomb site. How is it possible for one person and one cat to make this much mess? I've also got to make some bread at some stage - probably do that so it's ready to go in the oven this evening when it's a bit cooler.

Beverley, sounds like we're both having domestic type days today!

MJ, I have to admit, I don't understand how people can read and still feel they're getting the best out of a workout? I take my iPod in to the gym and usually listen to an audiobook that I've either bought of iTunes or got out the library and ripped onto the 'puter. It's actually a good way of getting to the gym - I prefer music at other times, so if I want to find out what happens in my book, I have to go to the gym. Well, it's working so far!

Randi, I'm pleased to hear your son's feeling better, poor thing. And poor you and hubby as well, having to see him admitted to hospiital.

The menu today is:

B - English muffin, vegemite, cheese

S - fruit of some kind, I've got cherries, apricots and plums at the moment

L - chicken salad - chicken, greens, peppers, tomatoes, cucumber, WW balsamic dressing, something carby

S - yoghurt

D - either going to roast some lamb or half a chicken so I've got enough meat for lunches for a couple of days next week, and for dinner on Monday.

Have fun, everyone!
nicolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 01:59 PM   #56  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

Hey there everyone!

Hope everyones weekend is going well so far. So far so good for me, today is a 1200 cal day on the calorie cycle (My average for the week once again, is 1400) So I'm trying to be a little more watchful today. I have been OP for the last two weeks and am really proud of myself! Lost 3 lbs last week, have a weigh in tomorrow.

I don't drink as much water as I should. I'm actually on a med that causes decreased thirst, so I often forget to drink. But I recently decreased that med and am drinking more and plan on getting off it entirely.

Hope everyone has a great day!
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 02:27 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Good Saturday afternoon chicks. I haven't accomplished much today, but did go grocery shopping and I've got a pot of white bean, ham, and collard greens soup on for lunches for the coming week. Today's half gone, but here's my plan:
B was: another meatloaf and spinach open faced sandwich and coffee with skim milk. That's the last of the meatloaf...
L was: salmon and spinach salad with goddess dressing, NSA fudgesicle
S was: chai tea with milk, some peanuts, half a grapefruit
I'm going to make an eggplant lasagna and some cauliflower for dinner.
If I want a snack, I'll sample the soup, and I can have a piece of cheese too.
congrats on your success lottie! I hope tomorrow's weigh-in is more good news.
nicolen, glad your friend's recovery is going well. Baking bread in the heat!?
Justwannabe, sorry your DS was so sick! Hope he is all better now. We have to give ourselves a break when we are dealing with stressful things, and just do the best we can. You'll flush out that salt in no time.
BeverlyJoy, DH does not like turkey (he tells me), but when I use ground turkey I mix in a little ground sirloin and I don't think he knows the difference. I fed him soy chorizo last week and he didn't notice that either. My next goal is to get him to eat tofu! That will be tougher. He is definitely a meat and starches kind of guy, although he loves his veggies too, thank goodness. He will be a commuter for a while now, and if they take the ship out, it will be a short trip on occasion.
Numina, have a great day!
redflame, oops on the eggies!
mj, enjoy the game! Hope that knee is feeling better.
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 07:11 PM   #58  
mj5

Hi again! My hummus is chilling. It tastes ok, I think it needs something, not sure what yet.

nicolen--I know what you mean about reading. I was doing pretty good w/ intensity on the bike and reading, I'm not coordinated enough to try any other machine and a book! LOL! But, I don't think I am doing my best by reading at the gym right now. So, I have taken the book out of my gym bag! I prefer music when I am really working out anyway.

lottie--are you drinking? I haven't had enough water, yet today myself. I am going to get a glass right now!

Schmoodle--I would say grocery shopping and some cooking is an accomplshment! The game was fun, thanks for asking.

Rhonda--How are you doing?

My knee is really swollen and sore again today. I did take some pain meds last night and might do the same tonight. I should try some ice tonight too.

Have a good night everyone!
Old 01-24-2009, 09:28 PM   #59  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mj5 View Post
Hi again! My hummus is chilling. It tastes ok, I think it needs something, not sure what yet.

nicolen--I know what you mean about reading. I was doing pretty good w/ intensity on the bike and reading, I'm not coordinated enough to try any other machine and a book! LOL! But, I don't think I am doing my best by reading at the gym right now. So, I have taken the book out of my gym bag! I prefer music when I am really working out anyway.

lottie--are you drinking? I haven't had enough water, yet today myself. I am going to get a glass right now!

Schmoodle--I would say grocery shopping and some cooking is an accomplshment! The game was fun, thanks for asking.

Rhonda--How are you doing?

My knee is really swollen and sore again today. I did take some pain meds last night and might do the same tonight. I should try some ice tonight too.

Have a good night everyone!

Thanks for the reminder, I'm definately trying to get a lot in tonight so I'm not bloated for weigh in day tomorrow! Thanks!
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 08:09 AM   #60  

Hi chicks - I had another great day yesterday - I am very grateful. I've been trying to be very aware of my food. I've tasted eat bite, put my fork/food down between bites and it took my 30 minutes to eat my dinner last night. I tried to feel the food in my tummy. I am trying to learn what full feels like. I honestly don't know if I ever can - but, I am trying and making a bit of progress.

meditation
stretches and strengthening
lots of water
put my fork down between bites
aware eating
PMA

breakfast - kashi waffle pnb, egg scramble with ketchup, applesauce
lunch - open face turkey and lite cheese on lite wheat, red pepper strips
snack - strawberries
dinner LC french bread pizza, salad with lite Italian dressing
snack - cinn. toast

Lottie - glad you are getting your water in! 2 weeks on plan is fantastic. Great job on the weight loss!

MJ - gosh I am sorry your knee is so painful. Ice, if you know it will help. Ice helps my foot and ankle alot.

Justwanna - I am so, so glad your son is home from the hospital. Now you are back in your 'comfort zone' of food - I am sure you can hop back into your routine. Take care now.

Schmoodle - your soup sounds so yummy!

Nicolen - so glad your friend is doing well.Good for you and having an on plan day.

Everyone, have a great day!!