Well woman health check - scary

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • hi, I've introduced myself over in the UK board but thought I'd say hello here as well.

So a recent health check has finally scared me in to dealing with my weight seriously. Diabetes waist measurement in the red section, height and weight giving me a morbidly obese BMI and frightening statistics about heart disease (at least I'm not a smoker)... of course none of these things were a surprise but I've buried my head in the sand for the last 40 odd lbs.

Soooo, hello I've got at least 100lbs to shift... do you mind if I hang out here Pud x
  • YES WE MIND, GOSH.... lol

Welcome to 3FC
  • Hello! Welcome to the 100 lb. Club!

I'm ex-UK, and proof that they'll let anyone in here! So, I think you'll be more than okay. Hmm... same height and similar goal to me too....
  • Hi there! There's a wonderful lot of ladies here, very helpful and supportive.
  • Welcome to the board! I hope you enjoy it here.
  • It's great that you are taking charge of your health! You can do it and there's a lot of help for you here!
  • Welcome!
  • Welcome to the board!!
  • I'm so glad you are here! You can do this. Welcome.
  • Sure!!! Please stick around so we can do this all together!
  • Pudding Stick around!
  • I'm here for health reasons, too. My mom was diagnosed with breast cancer and obesity is a major risk factor.

Welcome. This is an awesome group.

• This has been one of the best resources for me, for my weight loss journey and I didn't find it until I was 4 months into it. Its real people, with real issues, and we are all depending on ourselves and each other for our lives is the way I look at it.

Welcome to the club, girlfriend!
  • Thanks for the warm welcome
  • Scary health factors led me to weight loss & 3FC this time, too. Good luck!