The long walk

• Well I randomly walked six and a half miles today. I didn't even know I could walk that much lol.

I blogged about it so you can read the whole story there if you want to but the short version is that I decided to go see a movie on the complete other side of town and decided to walk - and I made it!

Oh and Gran Tarino is great, btw.
  • Gran Torino wasn't great.

IT WAS AMAZING.

Haha.
  • Man I knew if I put Gran Torino in the post the thread would turn into a Gran Torino thread.
  • I JUST finished reading that in your blog! You go girl!!!!
  • Thanks!

I just figured out my calories on TDP and my net is currently at -6 lol. And that's even after I put the horribly high cal chipotle sauce on my sandwich as a special treat.

I'm off to the kitchen to roast some asparagus and bake a chicken breast.

• I love smilies

GREAT JOB!!!
    I love walking, but can never find any one to consistently walk with me... AMAZINGNESS!!!
  • Great job!
  • Fantastic!
  • Good for you!
  • I just read your blog, and wanted to tell you that you are awesome!

I haven't even seen a preview for that movie.. hmm.. I will have to look it up.
  • Wow! 6 miles, that's great! You've motivated me to get out and walk farther!
  • A couple cool things happened that I'm just sort of thinking about.

One was that I really didn't know if I could do it but decided to go for it. I think Randi's post about running the half marathon sort of got me wondering about pushing my limits and trying things even if I had no idea if I could do it.

Another was remembering it was almost exactly a year ago that my roommate walked to that same theater and back with a friend and I was incredulous. I told her "I could NEVER do that." Well, never say never.
  • WOO! That's awesome.