Old 01-15-2009, 06:04 PM   #16  
aka Sarah

S/C/G: 289/193/159

Height: 5'7"

I definitely have that terror of being without food, also. The somewhat ironic thing is that I'm far less likely to become desperately hungry and need to eat now-now-now! than I was before I radically changed my diet. My new way of eating keeps my blood sugar even and steady all day, so I am able to go longer without eating IF I need to. And yet, I still have the fear!

Recently I've found that I can go without my afternoon snack if I need to, and I'm then hungry for dinner but not insanely hungry. So right now I'm in the process of deciding whether to keep bringing the afternoon snack or not. BUT WHAT IF I GET HUNGRY?!?!?!?!?!

...lol...
WarMaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 07:34 PM   #17  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

So I'll say today was a bit tough because I'm used to snacking but it wasn't hunger. I actually split my lunch (faux chicken salad) in half and ate half at lunch time with some of my brought veggies then ate the other half a few hours later with some other veggies. I wasn't hungry for dinner and my snackiness was done but I did have some lentil soup for dinner.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 04:35 PM   #18  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

^^ good to hear. Very encouraging.

I have the emergency stash in my desk, however, it's mostly foods I do not particularly care for. Oatmeal, raisins, applesauce, canned green beans, etc. The only things in there I like are the peanut butter (the Smart Balance is not a trigger food for me the way Skippy was), and the pineapple. I will eat the pineapple, but it's a big can of the crushed. I would have to get a bowl or cup dirty to eat it & would also have to find a container to put the rest in. So there it sits. If I am hungry enough I will bust into it, but that hasn't happened yet.
SuchAPrettyFace is offline   Reply With Quote