Old 01-13-2009, 03:00 PM   #1  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Default something I've noticed in the 100 lb. club

As you can see from my profile, I've been a member of these boards since 2000. I didn't post for about four years because of an unresolved eating disorder that came roaring back, so altogether I've been an active member of these boards for about five years.

Before I left, the 100 Lb. Club was littered with whiners and wannabes - me included. Most of the people here lost the same eight pounds over and over and over and over - me included. Most of the people here had every excuse in the book why they couldn't lose weight, couldn't plan meals, couldn't show some self-restraint around chocolate, couldn't exercise, etc. etc. ad naseum -me included.

I will be honest: I felt secure that I'd beaten my eating disorder about a year ago, but I thought I'd never post here again. I was afraid that I'd find the same old enabling, the same old whining, the same old same eight pounds. But when I decided to do this weight loss thing for real, I knew I'd need some support. The WW boards at WW Online are too busy for me, so I took a deep breath and looked here.

I was amazed at what I found. There are no excuses, no whining, no coddling anymore. Most of the people who post here have lost a significant amount of weight (and I'm not talkin' eight pounds! ) This is the real deal.

So I guess I wanted to say....y'all are awesome.
Jennelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 03:04 PM   #2  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Height: 5' 2"

Amen, sister!

I don't think that I would have lost my 33 pounds (hoping for 35 when I weight tomorrow) without all the support and encouragement that I found here!
time2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 03:20 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 290/See Ticker/150

Height: 5ft 4 inches

Oh GREAT! I was really looking forward to whinning and complaining and now I can't.

Dang it!

Welcome back! I am enjoying it over here big time.

Last edited by irishsarah; 01-13-2009 at 03:21 PM.
irishsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 03:21 PM   #4  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

I've seen a fair number of posters from our 100lb club reach maintenance. I absolutely love it here. So glad you decided to come back and give us a chance. This is definitely a whole new 100lb club.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 04:11 PM   #5  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

This incarnation of the 100 club is the BEST CLUB IN THE WHOLE WORLD. We can do this. We ARE doing it. In fact we may scare the odd one off with all of our determination and butt kicking going around

I'm GLAD you are here. I can't wait to get to know you better!!!
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 04:26 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 260.7/153/130

Height: Almost 5 foot 6

I've gotta admit even though I don't post all that much in recent months this is probably one of my favourite boards of the site. There aren't even the words at times to describe the pure RELIEF it is at finding people (yes real people!) who are facing/have faced the same struggles with their weight.
denialisnthappiness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 04:29 PM   #7  
career counselor a-gogo

S/C/G: HW:~330 325/ticker/145

Height: 5'7

Welcome aboard! Or back! Or both!

I looked at a bunch of different forums before ending up calling the 100lbs club home. While looking on other forums (not necessarily those on 3FC) I did find a lot of people who would make comments like "The BMI charts say I should weigh 140lbs! Ha! What a JOKE!"

Now I don't mind someone saying they don't agree with the methodology behind the BMI charts or saying "wow I wonder if I could ever get there" but to outright scoff at it like it was an impossibility was a big turn off for me.

Ultimately I would like to weigh around 135 I think. I don't know if I will get there or if that's the healthiest weight for me, but I know that it's possible. I CAN get there.

I really believe that I WILL get to ONEderland before the end of the year. And if I don't then I'm going to try the best I can and hit it in 2010.

I find the tickers, encouragement, honesty, and story sharing here to be honest but never fatalistic and that's why I love the 100lb club.
rodeogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 04:30 PM   #8  
Made of Starstuff

So glad you've decided to post again

Everyone needs a few whiny days occasionally But that's still no reason why we can't stay on plan and keep going!

I hope you keep posting here, and that you find the right kind of support that you need.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 04:52 PM   #9  

S/C/G: Check My Ticker! :D

Height: 5'6"

I was hoping to reach onederland by mid June. (my goal date being my nephew's birthday, June 10th) I am 265 right now, and at 5'5 I am supposed to weigh between 135 and 150. I was heading for 135, however I have an athletic build with lots of muscle, so I'm thinking of changing to 150, and if I still feel the need to shed extra, I'll go for 135.

I'm definitely excited to have found a forum with other people working hard to do what I am just starting out doing. It's an inspiration, and nothing is more motivating than seeing someone who has already done it, or even someone who is successfully doing it.

Congrats on coming back, and have fun on your weight loss journey! Good luck!
redreine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 05:04 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 249.9/ticker/120

Height: 5'3"

I have only been here for a few short days, and I just love the women here. You are all keeping me so motivated. I joined another weight loss board, but I feel more at home here. I love the positive energy around here, and I needed it this morning.

Glad you are back. Looking forward to reading your posts.
autumns19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 05:41 PM   #11  
Serious Ju Ju!

S/C/G: 260/see ticker /175

Height: 5 10 ( I hate being taller than all the cute guys!!!)

No whining? whaaaaaaaa!!!! What will I do now? LOL, honestly, this is a great place to me. Wish I could have you all over for drinks
seashell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 06:29 PM   #12  
Hooping my Life Away

S/C/G: 298/218.1/170

Height: 5'8"

I really do think that the 100 lb club is the best support forum there. There have been so many people that are inspiring here that inspire me to push harder!
Daimere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 07:41 PM   #13  

The 100lb club is the BEST, and even when I'm done losing weight (because it WILL HAPPEN someday), this forum will still be my home!
lalique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 07:43 PM   #14  
Made of Starstuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by seashell View Post
Wish I could have you all over for drinks
Low calorie drinks right?
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 07:56 PM   #15  
Motivated for 2009

S/C/G: 240/200/125

Height: 5'5"

It is great you came back! I am struggling with recovering from an ED and if it wasn't for this site and the great support and inspiration I wouldn't be doing as well as I am. This site and this section is awesome!
2ndChance09 is offline   Reply With Quote