Old 01-14-2009, 09:55 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 268/ticker/140

Height: 5'6

My levels were diagnosed low too. It has a big effect on my energy. I get very fatigued and I dont want to eat either. I get hungry but I eat just enough to make the hunger barely go away for an hour or two. I just don't want to eat.

I take a multi vitamin and a super b complex. It definitly makes a difference. Not so much now that I eat healthier, but it still helps.
S.A.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 10:02 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 150/147/120

Height: 5'5"

I actually am in the same boat as you - vitamin B-12 deficiency. Although mine is very severe and coupled with anemia. I just finished a round of tests with a gastroenterologist to see if it was a malabsorption issue, but it turns out my guts are fine. Now I have to trek off to see a hematologist - yay more tests :|

In the mean time though, I am taking a multivitamin with a ton of vitamin B-12 (can't remember the exact amount), but I have to add an iron supplement based on yesterday's doctor's orders.

Odd, but unlike some of the other posters, I don't really feel a difference when I'm taking the vitamins or not.
paniania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 10:49 AM   #18  
Cute and fun to be with

S/C/G: 250/ticker/125

Height: 5' 5.5"

I can't stand taking pills and most chewables are pretty nasty tasting. I had given up on multivitamins but last week when I was waiting for the pharmacist to fill a prescription, I wandered into the vitamin alsle and found...
Gummy vitamins
... for adults.

And they are tasty. Sure I have to count the calories, but I think it is worth it to stave off osteoporosis and other horrible things.
knobhdy is offline   Reply With Quote