Old 01-12-2009, 09:05 PM   #16  
career counselor a-gogo

S/C/G: HW:~330 325/ticker/145

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by autumns19 View Post
I had my second daughter on July 25th, and that morning before I gave birth, I weighed in at 275. At the beginning of September, I was probably around 255. The roller coasters that don't go upside down are okay, but the ones that do go upside down with the thing that goes over your head, well, it totally crushed my chest. It was a very tight squeeze for me, and it wasn't that fun, because I was so squished.
Thanks for the details - I really want to wait until I know I'll fit in everything before I decide to go so that was helpful. I really wish I'd weighed myself back then it's hard to guess. A lot of times I'm like "Well I think I weighed X the last time I did Y and it was comfortable."
rodeogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 09:16 PM   #17  
BELIEVE!

I do like to indulge in rewards here and there. I enjoy a pedi/mani every few weeks and a massage here and there. I like to treat myself to new workout clothes... When I hit the 100 pounds gone mark I plan to buy myself a pretty piece of jewelry. When I hit 199 I plan on getting a tattoo. At some point I want to have pictures taken with my 2 sons. The weight loss is major reward, but I see no reason not to treat myself to other rewards that I enjoy.
BarbPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 09:23 PM   #18  
career counselor a-gogo

Just in case there is any confusion I'm all for rewards - there's a lot of science that shows rewards work for behavior modification. I just am sort of amazed everyday at how much better my life is than yesterday so I haven't really needed to implement a reward system. Maybe down the road I will.

Anyhow I just wanted to make sure no one thought I was downplaying rewards!
Old 01-12-2009, 09:44 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 251.4/see ticker/155

Height: 5'9"

When I hit onederland, I am going to treat myself to a haircut/highlights, and mani/pedi.
BabyPhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 11:11 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 262/See Ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

Oh - I am with Girly Girl - after about a year at maintenance - I would love to get everything relocated back to it's original position!

Maybe that could be my treat for my inbetween goals - start a little "relocation" account and every time I hit a mini-goal and don't move backwards slip some money in there........
Randi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 11:24 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 275/265.8/125

Height: 5'0

I am 236 today and over the summer I was probably in the 250's around there and I could hardly fit on the Roller coaster. I actually got on one and the guy went down my side checking to make sure all the bars were down and locked and when he got to mine he was like can you push that down farther and I was like no it's squeezing my legs and he had to yell to someone to come over and ask them if I was okay to ride. That was so embarrassing. I will never forget that and hopefully never be in that position again. My goal is to be in Onderland by June which would be Amusement park season and I should fit much more comfortably, lets pray.

My goal once I reach my goal of 140lbs is just a new wardrobe. I am going to throw out every single outfit that doesn't fit anymore and take my income taxes next year and buy me all new clothes. Hopefully I am too goal next year, which I think is totally attainable.
Kayhm0711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 11:57 PM   #22  

New clothes of course!

Not to mention a completely new outlook on life, and new positive attitude! Just not being embarrassed of myself will be a HUGE uplifter for my self-esteem, and that is reward enough!
lalique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 12:17 AM   #23  
Shooting for the moon

S/C/G: 210/151/140

Height: 5' 5.5"

I will buy beautiful clothes. It will be a problem I'm sure! For now I have been buying clothes more out of necessity. I only have one pair of jeans right now that fit me well but I think that is all I really need in each size. Any lingerie strutting will depend on what my skin does. Right now I am pretty disgusted by it but *hopefully* youth is on my side.

I don't think I'll ever feel at home on the beach due to my pasty white skin but I don't like the beach much so I'm ok with that. I WOULD like to not be embarrassed to take my kids to the pool. They both really love it and we do take them but of course I always try to go at odd hours.

I do try to do things now that make me feel nice- taking more time with my hair and makeup, although I don't always. I bought some B&BW smelly soap for my bathroom, and I try to find cute running clothes that are affordable.
Thin4Good is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 12:27 AM   #24  
Backpedaling!!

S/C/G: 276/250/176

Height: 5'4''

When I hit my goal weight (this is going to sound so stupid), I am going to sit on my boyfriend's lap. I have never done that before, and I've always wanted to.
freshmanweightorbust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 12:33 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 249.9/ticker/120

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by freshmanweightorbust View Post
When I hit my goal weight (this is going to sound so stupid), I am going to sit on my boyfriend's lap. I have never done that before, and I've always wanted to.
My husband I are were talking about that yesterday! I said I couldn't wait until I could sit on his lap, and he said he will be able to pick me up.
autumns19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 12:37 AM   #26  
Backpedaling!!

S/C/G: 276/250/176

Height: 5'4''

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlyGirlSebas View Post

My big reward...I want Lasik when I reach goal. And, after year or so at maintenance and if the budget allows, I'd like a tummy tuck and the "girls" put back on the shelf.
LASIK IS THE BOMB!!! I had it a couple years ago and I'm so glad I did.

Speaking of lasers, I'm having serious thoughts about getting some laser hair removal once I get some weight off... Imagine never having to shave your slim, toned legs ever again... Yeah, that'd be sweet.
freshmanweightorbust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 12:52 AM   #27  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

For every 25 lbs I lose I get a new *erm* "toy" from a place that only sells ADULT toys *wink wink nudge nudge say no more*

lol!

When I reach 299 it's time for another pair of jeans...
that's about the only reward I've thought of so far... lol!
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 01:33 AM   #28  
aka Sarah

S/C/G: 289/193/159

Height: 5'7"

I guess I don't really reward myself for weight goals, but I do reward myself for behaviors. Example: I'm more likely to do my evening routine of strength-training if I make myself wait for my planned after-dinner treat until I finish the workout. Yes, it's true...hang a carrot (cake) in front of my face and I'd probably run a marathon (or die trying) to get it.

The other reward I'm saving up for myself is that when these &*$%#@ jeans I've been wearing since nearly 60 pounds ago are actually falling off my body (you'd think they would be, but nooooooooo they are shrinking too, due to the spandex content!), I'm going to get new jeans. These pants and I are in a war to see who will prevail, and it WILL BE ME. Yes, technically, I could go buy new jeans right now, but there's a point of pride at stake here.
WarMaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 03:57 AM   #29  
career counselor a-gogo

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfmama View Post
For every 25 lbs I lose I get a new *erm* "toy" from a place that only sells ADULT toys *wink wink nudge nudge say no more*
TMI.....TMI....
Old 01-13-2009, 04:37 AM   #30  
beautiful on the inside:P

S/C/G: 119 (262) /107 (235) /60 (132)

Height: 5'6''

LOL, you girls just crack me up

Once I reach 200, (or perhaps I'll wait until I'm 199.95) I have a bold move planned (at least for myself). I am going to get rid of ALL clothes that are not perfectly my size--that means, no "just in case" fat clothes. Although I will only be halfway at that time, it'll be kind of a watershed moment. I don't think I've broken that barrier since being the weight I am now, which has been a looooong time. Attaining that weight and then throwing away the clothes will be both a reward AND a vow, if you know what I mean

Plus also, I get to buy some new ones

Last edited by kasmin; 01-13-2009 at 04:38 AM.
kasmin is offline   Reply With Quote