3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   When I get there.. I will..... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/161125-when-i-get-there-i-will.html)

Dumplin 01-11-2009 01:40 PM

When I get there.....

I will get me a beautiful black and white bathing suite.
I will go on a cruise.
I will wear skirts and summer no sleeve dresses and shirts
I will wear high heels more offen
I will keep a tan
I will have lots of confidence again!

BethC 01-11-2009 02:08 PM

Having just come back from shopping where I had to buy an outfit I didn't want to buy for a party that I don't want to go to...

When I get there...

I will go into my closet and remove all of the clothes and take them to be donated... I'm tired of buying clothes to "hide this" or "make this look smaller"...

I will feel comfortable in my own skin
I will wear shorts and tank tops
I will take full length photos and not hide behind people
I will never let myself go back!!

Ookpik 01-11-2009 02:30 PM

Great thread, but you might feel comfortable doing some of the things on your list before you get to goal.

When I get to goal, I will...

....train for a marathon, I already run a bit, but I am not ready for a marathon (or even half-marathon) yet
....try my damndest to not slip back into old habits and gain my weight back
....not be able to use my weight as an excuse anymore as to why a guy won't like me! I'm getting more confident all the time now when it comes to men, but a small part of me still feels "too fat". This is how I grew up thinking and trust me, I don't mean to insult anyone...I never thought of anyone else as "too fat for love", just me. Weird how our thought processes work sometimes
....wear short skirts and high boots

TJFitnessDiva 01-11-2009 03:02 PM

when I hit my goal I will:

me + DH + being held up against a wall = naughty fun! lol
get a new wardrobe
be in front of the camera more instead of just the photographer
dance around in my goal pants ;)
run around the yard with the kids
shock some people that haven't seen me in a while ;)
not worry about the plane seat next time I fly
make maintaining my new priority!

Ufi 01-11-2009 03:05 PM

I will

* No longer have to take blood pressure medicine!
* Walk into a clothing store and not worry if they have my size.
* Not cringe when people make comments about what I eat as if they know the sum total of my diet from looking at a single meal. Both good and bad comments.
* Do more active recreation such as hiking without worry that people will judge me for being slow because I'm fat and sweaty. Even if I am slow, my body will be in good enough shape to not sweat so much and to be able to tackle physical challenges.

Like someone else said, there are certain things I don't see myself doing at my goal, like wearing a bikini or heels. I'm not a fan of either swimming or biking. Certainly not getting any body part pierced. I went with a friend who did her belly button and nearly fainted! :) I've been trying to practice a plan where you act as if you have achieved your goal so that it desensitizes you to the fear of change, such as buying and wearing sexy underwear (no one to wear them for but me, but still) and cute clothes. However, there are certain things that it's hard to do until you're actually there.

Edited to add: I see several people mention riding horses. What is the weight limit for horseback riding? I hadn't thought about that before.

TJFitnessDiva 01-11-2009 03:29 PM

It depends on the horse & the experience of the rider...there really is no weight limit on horseback riding in general. I go riding almost every weekend :) But I didn't ride at my heaviest.....mainly because I was too tired to even try to mount (even with the help of a mounting block).

seashell 01-11-2009 03:37 PM

When I get there, I will:

Dance on top of the bar again!
Wear sexy cloths
Play baseball with my kids
wear a bathing suit
Be confident, happy and

Find the love of my life!!!!

2ndChance09 01-11-2009 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wchs2007 (Post 2543226)
When I get there I will.......

Still be me..I would never wear a bikini on the beach.. That's not me.. But I will go to the beach and not feel like I don't belong...

I hope to get into running...

Be able to get up out of the floor without much effort.

Know that I will be able to keep up with my grandkids one day..( DO NOT HAVE THE YET.. BUT I KNOW ITS IN MY POSSIBLE FUTURE..LOL)

Ride one of my sons horses..

Have a better quality of life...

Same here about the bikini. Even when I was thin and younger I never felt comfortable in a bikini. I would at least like to be able to wear a swimsuit with a cute coverup and feel good about myself. Right now I won't even go near a beach. Plus I want to be able to do fun things with my kids that they deserve, like swimming, going to pools and the beach, biking etc. without feeling terribly gross.

When I get to goal I want to go out to dinner at a fancy resturant with my hubby in a stunning outfit and then go to a bar or some event and feel beautiful.

When I get to goal I want to take my kids to the fare and wear an adorable summer dress and not the jeans and shirt I usually wear.

When I get to goal I want to take a vacation to the beach and also sign up for a YMCA membership and take my kids swimming.

When I get to goal I want to wear cute little workout outfits when I take my kids for a walk and not sweats and a baggy t-shirt.

When I get to goal I want to wear lingerie for my hubby.

When I get to goal I want to stay at a fancy hotel with hubby and have him carry me over the threshold (never did that when we got married).

When I get to goal I want to not only be thin but feel fit and in shape.

When I get to goal I want to get rid of all my fat clothes and replace them with cute, colorfull thin clothes!

irishsarah 01-11-2009 04:19 PM

When I finally get there I will:
  • FINALLY have a family portrait taken. There isn't a single one with all 6 of us anywhere.
  • Take all my "shapewear" to the firepit and BURN IT ALL!
  • I will finally wear a pair of shorts!
  • I will take all the fugly clothes my mom bought to help hide me and look "cute" and get them OUTTA here!
  • I will walk into any store I chose and buy a pair of jeans without tears
  • I will take my boys swimming
  • I will NEVER avoid making eye contact with someone who hasn't seen me in years; to avoid them.
  • I will walk with confidence, talk with confidence and FLIRT with my husband again
  • I will not insist on having the lights off anymore. :o
  • I will never again dread an event where I need to be dressed up
  • I will find a reason to throw a party and STRUT MY STUFF! :carrot:

rodeogirl 01-11-2009 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ufi (Post 2543781)

Edited to add: I see several people mention riding horses. What is the weight limit for horseback riding? I hadn't thought about that before.

The general rule of thumb is that the rider shouldn't weigh more than 20-25% of the horse.

So a 1000 pound horse (which is fairly average) can take a 200-250lb rider. The experience of the rider makes a big difference. A beginner doesn't know how to move with the horse or balance themselves very well. It's more work for the horse to carry around a "sack of potatoes" than an experienced rider.

I think someone under 250lbs can ride just about any saddle horse if they know how to ride and a beginner just needs to make sure they ride a slightly larger horse.

I could find a horse who could support my weight right now if I really wanted to but I'm waiting for summer and hopefully the 250 range.

lewelaine 01-11-2009 09:00 PM

start saving all my money for skin removal surgery.

LuvMyMr 01-11-2009 11:14 PM

Wonderful thread!
I will:
1. Finally buy a pair of jeans! I haven't worn a pair since before my son was born more than 8 years ago!
2. Burn my girdle! :carrot:
3. Get rid of all of my fat clothes, ex: any clothing with an x behind the number and all of my elastic waist pants.
4. Make love in the daylight. :p
5. Go to the beach and instead of flaunting, just delight that I have the confidence again to feel that I belong there.

6. Go to Disney World. The last time I was there, more than two years ago, I sat down on a ride and had I not had on a long short, people would not have seen my thigh almost stuck on the side of the ride. It hurt so bad but I didn't show it as I might have embarassed myself and would have had to get off the ride. Later on my thigh was bruised and in pain but I help onto my foolish pride in order to say, I can go on Disney rides in order to go on with my ex. That was one of the most humiliating days of my life. I was too big for a ride. I still cringe at the memory. Next time I go it WILL be different!

7.Tell my ex husband to go fornicate himself with an iron pole. He made nasty comments to me about my weight, one time in front of my son (he was young and didn't understand thank goodness but still what a jerk) and he told my mom all the time that I will never loose the weight and I will stay fat. Wow I am down more than 30 pounds and he was giving me side looks when I dropped off the kids to him. Jackass!

8.Not sneak around to the grocery store. I ran into a guy who knew me when I was small (a looooooong time ago) and I had to do a David Copperfield disappearing act hiding behind the canned vegetable and the bread in order for him not to see me. Can you believe I changed the way I did my shopping in order for this guy to not see that I blew up like a bomb? Not anymore. I plan on going to the store and if I see him, whatever! ;) There will be no need to hide.

9. Take full length pictures! Have not done those since three months before my son was conceived!!! My husband wants us to do pics so bad but I can't because I know I won't be able to look at myself at this size even those I have done very well and am continuing.

cfmama 01-11-2009 11:38 PM

When I get there I will...

-ride a horse and take dressage lessons
-never wear another thing with an elastic waist again!
-hike up Mt. Robson
-flaunt my weight loss in front of my old boyfriend (just for kicks)
-RUN for hours with my kids

HVEECK 01-12-2009 12:58 AM

is anyone else crying after reading this? its such a shame that being heavy prevents us from doing these things we want so badly. good thread tho ;)
I will:
be much more confident in life
wear cute clothes that i am comfortable in
be a more active mom with the kids
maintain my weight
more self esteem
maybe a tummy tuck, LOL (and im sure many more things)

rodeogirl 01-12-2009 01:02 AM

Ooh Cfmama ballet - I don't think ballet is for me but I would love to learn to dance in some form. I really like square dancing except the women have to wear those hideous dresses in most clubs -- I know it's a tradition but...yuck.

I am so uncoordinated but if I could learn ballroom dancing or salsa or something I think I would never have to exercise (formally) again, lol!