Old 01-09-2009, 11:23 AM   #1  

Height: 5ft6'

Default Another not so new newbie.

So here I am back at it again. Over the last few years I've lingered on this site from time to time but never did much on the site or about my weight. But now at 27 (done having children, I have 4) and tipping the scale at 255lbs I am making some changes. I made my new years resolution to be smaller in 2009.
The big eye-opener for me was the holidays. Generaly I'm a homebody and don't see anyone other than my imediate family unless I'm at the grocerie store.(even then i will avoid people because i'm embarrased about my weight) But at Christmas time there are a number of family functions and both my DH and my family are quite large. Then there is the shopping for a holiday outfit...resulting in tears on the way home from the fat girl store with something I got just because it fit. And finally the holiday pics and thinking "OMG that is me...all of me."
When I was younger I was small. 130lbs at most before I had my first child. I must say I was hot. But with ever pregnancy I gained alot of weight. At my heaviest (between baby 3 and 4) I was 282lbs. I managed to get my butt in gear and loose 80lbs. Then at 202lbs I got pregnant again.
I have battled depression since age 12 and with pregnancy it got worse. Durring my last pregnancy i was either eating or sleeping. I balooned back up to 278lbs. That was 2 1\2 years ago. I lost some weight over the summer but stuck around 250-260.
So my journey begins and I've set some goals. down to 200lbs by my anniversary (July 19th) and 150 by Christmas 2009. I'm eating healthier, smaller, more frequent meals. I have a treadmill that I have a love\hate relationship with but we're working out our differences. I'll also do some weight training with my DH. He does the P90X and will be starting his third installment (90 days) next week. I've done some of it with him before and I can keep up with lighter weights. (he uses 45lbs and I use 8lbs lol)
Well, that's my schpeel and I hope to post alot more over the next year. I love to write so you may all get sick of my mile long posts lol.
TraceyElaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 11:33 AM   #2  
Living and Learning

S/C/G: 304/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 3"

Welcome back to the group

This is it....2009 is our year! We can do it!
gumboot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 11:49 AM   #3  
Made in England!

S/C/G: 260/260/169

Height: 5' 4"

Welcome back, TraceyElaine! I'm with you on the misery of getting outfits simply because they fit , and I've vowed to buy no more clothes until I can get what I want in a regular size. With dedication we'll both get there before too long.
DishyFishy is offline   Reply With Quote