Old 01-08-2009, 10:34 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 269/255/200

Height: 5/6

Default Am I alone in this thinking

I am a person who gives a lot of myself I guess it's low self -esteem .
But I now see that to get to where I need to be . I gotta keep this thought in mind. IF YOU CAN GIVE TO OTHERS LET YOUR SELF RECIEVE To me it's more than what I eat it's why I eat .That's what I am working on this year . I really gotta make some changes in myself this year .I know when I feel rejected I eat This is something I just woke up to
BAILYBOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 10:56 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/168

Height: 5'6"

I agree. We have to make time to take care of ourselves, too. Self love is a key to a healthy life.
Lyn2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 10:57 PM   #3  
Getting healthy!

S/C/G: 275/ticker/140

Height: 5'6"

Just remember that you will never be rejected here! If you are feeling hurt or rejected, come get some love at 3FC!
enchantedonyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 01:32 AM   #4  
Living and Learning

S/C/G: 304/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAILYBOO View Post
To me it's more than what I eat it's why I eat .
This is the key.... I think alot of us are emotional eaters. I have been working hard with a counsellor who suggested journaling to get my feelings out instead of eating. I can honestly say some days I journal like a woman possessed! lol

I too suffer from low self esteem. Again, I think alot of us do. I am learning to love myself more and more each day. Some days are easier than others. My husband is the type that has more self esteem than he know's what to do with He just doesn't get it. He doesn't get how low self esteem affects every facet of my life. How I never feel "good enough" or how I don't feel worthy of his love. He has also never had body image issues. He has always been tall and slim and can eat whatever he wants without gaining an ounce (Yes, it really pisses me off!! lol). I am lucky though....he is a very loving and supportive man and has been very patient with me.

Like Lyn said in her post: Self love is the key to a healthy life. This is something I want to strive for this year. I want to truly love and accept myself.

Life is a journey and we are all learning along the way.
gumboot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 07:30 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 254/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

There is a great quote. "If I am not for myself who will be for me, If I am only for myself what am I, If not now, when."

I try to remember that it starts with being for self...it is much easier to respond to the needs of others and put our own needs on the back shelf. Eating right, and demanding that we do so is part of it, even when folks have "made a special treat" or "but I really want pizza or ice cream".

Its hard.
Pandora123a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 07:38 AM   #6  
Ruth

S/C/G: 98.0/95.5/69.0

Height: 173cm

It's the burnt chop syndrome! You know, if there's one burnt chop you'll take it for yourself rather than give it to hubby or the kids?

I read once that looking after yourself first is like the safety message on an aeroplane. When they tell you in an emergency to fit your own oxygen mask before you fit that of your child? Life's like that. You can't look after other people unless you are getting enough "oxygen".

I work in NICU, and I hound my parents about this too. I keep telling them that I am looking after their baby, so they need to look after themselves. They will be no use to anyone if they get run down and sick.

Same applies to you! Look after yourself first. Then you will have the time, energy and inclination to properly care for your loved ones.

Do it for you! No-one else will. That's why this is working for me this time around, because I'm taking a totally selfish viewpoint (which is having benefits for everyone else, I might add) and doing it for me.

Good luck.
Primm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 09:14 AM   #7  
Serious Ju Ju!

S/C/G: 260/see ticker /175

Height: 5 10 ( I hate being taller than all the cute guys!!!)

I really cant add to the good advise above. But I do agree with it all! Love youself and others will follow!
seashell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 11:07 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 269/255/200

Height: 5/6

Thanks for the reply's everyone .I am going to be all about me this year .
BAILYBOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 11:14 AM   #9  
Loser :-)

S/C/G: 273/251/175

Height: 5ft8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primm View Post
It's the burnt chop syndrome! You know, if there's one burnt chop you'll take it for yourself rather than give it to hubby or the
WOW. I didn't know there was a name for that!! LOL I totally do this all the time! I think a New Years Resolution to work on putting ourselves first (or atleast equal to those that we care for/live with) goes hand in hand with getting healthy, losing weight, etc!
Michelle98272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 12:58 PM   #10  
Mind-Mouth-Muscle-Motion

S/C/G: 274/ticker/174

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
To me it's more than what I eat it's why I eat .
You hit the nail on the head! That's what I got the most out of Oprah's show on her weight gain this week on her "Live Your Best Life" show.

It's about loving yourself enough to put yourself first. It was what got me going back to the gym this week. I figured my work will be there when I get there, no matter what time it is. I am going to the gym in the morning. It's important to me. I deserve it.

You should pick up a copy of her magazine this month, it is pretty good.

Don't you just love those aha! moments?
Judy Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote