Old 01-10-2009, 11:54 AM   #16  
Mind-Mouth-Muscle-Motion

S/C/G: 274/ticker/174

Height: 5'10"

Wow! That's AWESOME! Keep up the great work! You are an inspiration to us all!
Judy Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 12:02 PM   #17  
Loser :-)

S/C/G: 273/251/175

Height: 5ft8

Default Kudos!

To a fellow Washintonian...I congratulate you! In a recent post I mentioned envying people who stay OP without wavering, you are one of them!!

Reading your posts are motivational. Thank you for your presence here!

22 lbs in 2 months?? I am in awe! (Do you remember Waynes World the movie??) "I'm not worthy, I'm not worthy"...LOL

Can I say that you and CF Mama have been my mentors!
Michelle98272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 12:49 PM   #18  
career counselor a-gogo

S/C/G: HW:~330 325/ticker/145

Height: 5'7

Thanks for all the support and kind words - it's great to be able to share with people who get it!

As for staying OP - I think what works for me is keeping my definition of OP flexible. So I don't consider it off plan if I eat more calories than I was supposed to in a day unless that happens for several days in a row. Or like the holidays - I knew that staying "On Plan" where my plan was to eat 1800ish calories a day was probably not going to work so I adjusted my plan to accommodate the holidays.

I think that's been one of my best lessons so far - being ultra strict with a plan, for me, means ultimately abandoning it. But being flexible helps me get to my long term goals even if it means getting there slower.

The last two days I've been starting school up and kind of grumpy about my plan. I just felt like eating a lot. I didn't and I think I'm mostly past it - but I did start looking for changes I could make. I first started exercising more which allows me to eat more and I also began thinking of adding a maintenance period in around March for a week or two. I think taking another break from weight loss (without regaining) might be really healthy for me. Dunno - we'll see in March, hehe.

Last edited by rodeogirl; 01-10-2009 at 12:50 PM.
rodeogirl is offline   Reply With Quote