Old 01-06-2009, 07:28 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 332/270/160

Height: 5"7'

Default Please come kick my butt!!

I feel like I'm going to totally lose it!

I've been at the same weight since before Christmas. I've been desperately maintaining this until I can make a move. I've been on track and slowly working my way to better schedule and a good nights sleep. Sunday night my middle son, Mickey who is just 4 years old woke up screaming and crying and in pain. I live in very rural Northern Canada, there are no doctor's on-call and the most a nurse can do is give him tylenol or we could medi-vac him to the city, Whitehorse.

By morning he was okay, I had four hours sleep, hubby and I switched off taking care of our boy. Monday we all stayed home and he was fine all day, that night swelling again. I took him in this afternoon to the doctor, when I managed to get an appointment. He has a hernia and will need surgery.

Now the surgery isn't what is bothering me, my oldest had surgery when he was 4, it's old hat. But it's the nights of worry that are scaring me. Will it affect him tonight. We have a 6-8 week wait until the surgery. It was so hard and stressful to see him in this kind of pain. I'm trying to maintain my healthy eating but have been drinking the pop again and had a couple of cigarettes.

I need a butt kicking to get me back in gear and back on track!
SnowboundChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 09:17 PM   #2  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

*kicks your butt... HARD*

It's so hard to stay sane with food when the rest of your life is out of control. I know. But make this your goal. To have food sanity and control so there is one less thing to worry about. Do your meal plans, track your food so it's mindless. Oh it's 12 noon... I'm eating spinach salad today. Great... one less thing to worry about.

(((hugs))) I hope your little one is feel better soon. I had a hernia and I know how much it HURTS.
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 10:06 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 272/ticker/145

Height: 5'9

I agree with CF about having your food be something you can control. Oftentimes, I've found that just having control over my own healthy eating habits makes me worry less about other stuff I have going on.

You can't control the pain your son is in (which is awful! I'm so sorry, I hope he feels better soon!) but you can control what you put in your mouth. It's just your choice over whether you control it or not.

Good luck and my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family!
foxxy511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 10:44 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 245/230/145

Height: 5'4

HUGS--I hope your son feels better soon. Stress for anyone triggers us back to our "old habits" that aren't so great for us; but know that we all here support you. Hopefully you can start to do what the others have said and that will help you out. GL
3turkeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 01:43 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 332/270/160

Height: 5"7'

Thank you for reminding me to keep on track and do this. You are right, when life is chaos, this I can control! I WILL do it! Thank you so much.
SnowboundChick is offline   Reply With Quote