Old 12-22-2008, 10:09 AM   #1  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Default Menu/Accountability/Planning December 22-28

Need a place to list your menu/plan? Need some accountability? Then this is the place for you! Come on over!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 10:14 AM   #2  
mj5

Good Morning! I am trying to focus on work today, not an easy thing! By this time tomorrow my surgery should be over! I will be so glad. I am trying not to think about it, but I am starting to get nervous....

cfmama--Sounds like you had a fun filled weekend at your house! 85 days, that's awesome!!!!

Rhonda--Did you get everything done yesterday?

We are getting a new tv today. It was one of those things where it was just too good of a deal to pass up. We were going to wait until after Christmas, but oh well!!!! Good news is, while I'm lounging around tomorrow afternoon/night, I'll get to watch the new, big tv!

Have a great OP day everyone!
Old 12-22-2008, 10:27 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Hi chicks,

Here's today:
B: oatmeal "cookies" (It's okay, these are legal), coffee with milk
S: scrambled eggs
L: 3 bean salad, salmon patty
S: skim latte
D: White bean and turkey sausage soup, steamed broccoli
S: skim hot cocoa
Tons of water
I baked this weekend. Now it's freaking me out to have all these cookies in the house. I hope to deliver half to my friend this afternoon. I have already cheated a bit today. I sampled some of the cranberry bread a friend brought by yesterday. The rest of the day I will be on plan.

mj
, good luck with the surgery. I'll be thinking of you tomorrow. I need to run out for a few last minute Christmas things today and I'm hoping I can find some great deals.
Beverlyjoy, hope your back is feeling better.

Last edited by Schmoodle; 12-22-2008 at 12:46 PM.
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 02:16 PM   #4  
baby steps

S/C/G: 285/285/healthy!

Height: 5'9"

Finally, a day off!

Christmas-time in a hospital is **** when you're trying to watch your diet. Really, it is. The funeral homes bring up cookies and fudge, all the churches bring baked goods and goodness-knows-what-else, and all the staff ends up bringing candy and cookies and cake and fudge and UGH UGH UGH!

Thankfully, the ER doctors have been bringing veggie trays and stuff for everyone, which I'd honestly rather have than all the sweets that make my teeth and my tummy hurt. Work has been super-busy all weekend and yesterday was just horrible, so food was a bit sketchy; I really had to just snack whenever I found a minute to breathe, but I tallied everything up when I finally made it home at 2 AM and was right around 1300 calories.

I've lost about a pound and a half in the past week, which works just fine for me. Still trying to get in lots of water and I've been taking the stairs at work instead of the elevators, and trust me, I'm all over that place!

Have a great OP day everyone!
xtrisaratops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 03:02 PM   #5  
mj5

Hi everyone! I'm home. A little sore & tired, but home! I'm going to take a nap. Chat later.
Old 12-23-2008, 04:23 PM   #6  
baby steps

S/C/G: 285/285/healthy!

Height: 5'9"

mj, I am so glad you're home and feeling okay! Go take that nap, honey! You certainly deserve it.

I've got a massive pot of Chicken Fajita Soup on the stove that I'm half-way paying attention to and my niece running around who's getting the other half of my attention. She wants to go see that movie with the little mouse...that Tale of Despereaux or however you spell it, so I imagine I'll end up at the theater tonight with her. At least she doesn't like popcorn! No temptation there.
xtrisaratops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 05:05 PM   #7  

mj, so glad it is all over but the healing. Take care of yourself!
Sara, that movie is getting good reviews I think. It looks cute anyway. Have fun! Congrats on the lost weight, that is really great considering all the temptations. Good for those doctors that are bringing in healthy stuff. I always wonder why we need to do so much baking and have so much of that stuff around, just because it's Christmas!

No Beverlyjoy so far? Hope you are doing well chick.
Hello Rhonda, Lyn, cfmama!

My day not so good so far. When it starts out with oatmeal cookies for breakfast, you know it isn't going to be pretty. Then I ran out at lunchtime to meet my friend at the mall, didn't have time to eat first, so we ended up getting a slice of pizza. Not a lot of stuff, but definitely crap so far. I'm making soup for dinner, white bean, spinach, and turkey sausage, and I can't wait to get something healthy in my body! Otherwise, so much to do, so little time!! Tonight is some cleaning, some laundry, some present wrapping, finishing my towel angels, make gift baskets, and just generally getting ready!

Last edited by Schmoodle; 12-23-2008 at 05:06 PM.
Old 12-24-2008, 12:50 AM   #8  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

I'm here. I'm sick. I'm having to work my butt off cause we're having an open house tomorrow and hosting dinner on x-mas day! Sickness halts for no woman.

Tomorrow after 3 is my "no count" evening to go with my no count day on the 25th. And then back to business.

So tomorrows plan (day 88) if I actually feel like eating is

B- 1 cup raisin bran, 1/2 cup skim milk, mandarin
s- banana and yogurt
L- 1 cup of soup, 10 wheat thins, apple...

then the rest just whatever I want in moderation. Wish me luck!
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 06:11 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

HI friends.....it's been hectic here. I fell on the ice and have been moving slow. I bloodied and bruised my knee and it kinda made the rest of my pieces and parts more sore. The good news....is that I am moving around again. Thankfully, just in time to have company and then travel on Dec. 26.

MJ - I am so, so glad you are home. You take care now and let nature take it's course and heal!

CFmama - sure do hope you feel better SOON. Sounds like you are managing your food plan. GREAT!

Sara - you are such a great aunt!!! Love those great reviews.

Schmoodle...I hear ya on eating healthy. There is so much junk in our house now. Carry on!!!!

Merry December, friends.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 07:12 AM   #10  
mj5

Good Morning! I am feeling a little better today, but I will not overdo it. I will rest all day, then go to my gm's tonight. Tomorrow I will rest as much as I can before we go to my sister's for dinner. I am going to be sporting holiday pj's (I am really bloated from the surgery), but no one cares and I'll be comfy!

Sara--1 1/2 lbs down is fantastic!!! Great job! That's awesome that the drs are bringing in veggie trays, at least you have some yummy alternatives to the sweet stuff.
That soup sounds really good! Did you take your neice to the movies?

Schmoodle--Your soup sounds yummy too!Take a deep breath, you will get everything done in time!

cfmama--I am so sorry to hear that you are sick! Hope you feel better soon!!!

Beverlyjoy--Oh no!!! So glad you are feeling a bit better. Be careful!

Rhonda--How are you?

Lyn--How is everything going?

Hi to everyone else who pops in!

Thank you all very much for your well wishes. It really means a lot. I will take it easy and let myself heal. I recorded some movies last night and will probably do the same today (free hbo, etc around here this week), so I know I will have some things to watch when I am lounging around. I also have lots of books to keep me entertained!

I have to say, the dogs have been awesome! Casey has always been pretty perceptive (they both are, but her more so) and she has been my "protector" making sure neither of them get too close to my tummy where it hurts. Last night she slept right next to me--giving me plenty of space so I would be comfy, but not letting Ellie-Mae or dh get too close! It's too cute! They are normally kind of hyper, but have been super calm and extra cuddly, which is always nice!

Of course, dh is being wonderful too! Even my younger brother brought me dinner last night! I don't know, I might get used to lying around and being waited on!

I hope everyone has a very happy holiday. Stay warm and safe and drive careful if you are traveling.
Old 12-24-2008, 06:08 PM   #11  

Just popping in quickly to say hello chicks and Merry Christmas to all!
Old 12-24-2008, 07:14 PM   #12  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Merry Christmas, Friends! I'm thinking of each of you with fondness this evening. MJ and Beverly, hope you are feeling a little less achey this evening. Schmoodle, CFmama, Sara, Lynn.....everyone, hope you have a wonderful evening.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 06:30 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi Chicks! Christmas was fun...we had company for a couple of days. Now...it's on to Michigan to see my DS, DIL, and GS. I can't wait. I"ll be gone until early next week.

My pieces and parts are improving....thanks for all of your kind thoughts and wishes.

I hope your Christmas was fun. Have a GREAT weekend. If you ate too much...be glad those temptations are gone. Remember today can be your new beginning!

Rhonda, cfmama, mj, schmoodle, sara, lyn, - HI to you all and anyone else that stops by.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 09:20 AM   #14  
mj5

I hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas!

Beverlyjoy--Have a wonderful trip, I know you will!!!

I am feeling ok. I was probably up and around a bit too much yesterday, but I can be lazy for the next three days to make up for it! I am still feeling very bloated, so I am trying to drink lots of water.

Hi to everyone!!!!
Old 12-27-2008, 07:43 PM   #15  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

Hello all!!!!

Well my no count Christmas eve and no count Christmas day went as planned. I did log my foods after just for curiosity though

Christmas eve was ALL about the chocolate. We received a LARGE box of gourmet caramels dipped in dark chocolate with peruvian sea salt sprinkled on top. BEST CHOCOLATE EVAH. For 2 was 160 calories... I ate ... 12. lol!!! I had white buns, salty ham, salty cheese, salt salt salt. I ended up below maintenance for the day though! Around 3000 calories. I was stuffed.

Christmas day was better I did have bacon (way too much) egg, sausage, white bread toast, crepes with chocolate whipped cream, punch etc for breakfast. Then NOTHING till dinner. Then just one plate of my very favorite things for dinner and a few low cal deserts and MORE of my very awesome chocolate (which is now all gone.) I came in at 2200 for that day.

Yesterday morning the scale was at 325. I was 320.4 Christmas eve morn so it was a fair gain but I know it was not WEIGHT because I didn't go over maintenance. So yesterday I stuck to plan, drank 4 L of water and this morning was 321.4.

Today is business as usual... on plan and expecting to be below 321.4 tomorrow! Just a blip. A very appreciated blip

Plan for today, day 91!!!
B: 1/2 whole grain roll, 1.5 T pb, medium banana
s: no fat yogurt (from a box that was given to me... yuck)
L- 1/2 cup chopped turkey, 1 T sauce style mayo, 3 sd wasa, 1/2 cup radishes, 1/2 cup snap peas, 8 cucumber slices, 2 laughing cow wedges
s- 2 laughing cow wedges, low fat yogurt, apple
D- 1 whole wheat tortilla, 1/2 cup chopped turkey, 1 cm cheese, 1/4 cup green pepper, 1/4 cup onion to make a quesadilla
s- 100 cal popcorn, applesauce cup

for about 1665 calories... keep in lower for a few days to make up for Christmas

Last edited by cfmama; 12-27-2008 at 07:44 PM.
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote