Old 12-12-2008, 09:09 AM   #1  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Height: 5' 2"

Wink Changing tastes

Before moving to healthy eating, Hardee’s chicken fillet biscuit with hash rounds was one of my biggest downfalls. It is no wonder I put on so much weight because that meal was 800 calories and I ate it about three times a week. When I started my good eating program, I promised myself that I did not have to give it up but would move it to the category of a treat.

This morning I was out early to do some Christmas shopping and this seemed a good time to indulge. It has been about 4 months since I had this "treat." I have eaten under my calorie limit for a few days so I thought that I could handle the calories.

I did not like it very much! They are doing the potatoes differently and they are not worth the 200 calories. They probably weren’t before either, but my taste was different then. The biscuit and chicken was OK but certainly not worth the 600 calories. I ate about half.

I am glad I ate it because now I can erase Hardee’s chicken fillet biscuit from my memory. I am not missing a thing by not eating those calories!
time2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 10:24 AM   #2  
Loser :-)

S/C/G: 273/251/175

Height: 5ft8

I've quit my 1-3x a week trips to McDonald's. I haven't been back. Surprisingly I've not craved any. I used to really crave the $1 cheeseburgers.
I wonder if they will taste the same to me now? I am surprised and pleased that I don't crave that junk anymore!
Michelle98272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 11:02 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/120

Height: 5 foot 4

I when I bit into them all I taste is grease! It actully makes it easy to say no to greasy food. One of the benifits of changing ones habits. I also rarely salt my food and that is a huge deal since I use to put salt on everything!
Cheers to us for building healthier tastebuds!
mezmerize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 12:06 PM   #4  
The Radiant One

S/C/G: 250/142/135

Height: 5'2"

Tastes do change.
Funny how cravings don't necessarily change, and when you eat what you crave it tastes terrible now. Wish I could get my mind to catch up with my tongue LOL!
fiberlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 12:22 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 270/ 248/ 165

Height: 5' 11"

Way to go stopping half way! I usually will start eating something and finish it then say 'you know that wasn't too good'. I'll have to remember this next time I'm eating out. If it's not great, don't eat it.(wow that sounds overly obvious)
zerocool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 12:24 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

Gosh, I love those moments. It's so much easier to eat well when you've become a picky eater
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 12:40 PM   #7  
One pound at a time...

I was a McDonalds and A&W junkie. I have eaten there since June, and I can honestly say I do not crave them anymore at all.
ChocLabLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 01:47 PM   #8  
Living and Learning

S/C/G: 304/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 3"

I used to be a pop addict. Coke to be exact. I would drink up to 10 cans a day. Since July or maybe even before that (I can't remember it has been so long) I only drink water and cold green tea. The other day I was shopping at walmart and there was the cooler of pop next to the cashier. I grabbed a coke....just cause. I thought I really wanted it.
Well, all I have to say is I took two sips and then dumped it. It just tasted awful! Way too sweet and just...YUCK!
gumboot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 02:05 PM   #9  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerocool View Post
I'll have to remember this next time I'm eating out. If it's not great, don't eat it.(wow that sounds overly obvious)
It does sound obvious! Too bad it doesn't seem obvious to me more often!!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 02:21 PM   #10  
career counselor a-gogo

S/C/G: HW:~330 325/ticker/145

Height: 5'7

I have really noticed how much sweeter and saltier things taste. I was eating an apple (AN APPLE) the other day and thought wow this thing is almost too sweet. Before apples had almost no flavor to me anymore. This reminded me of being a kid and eating apples from the tree in our yard and how sweet they tasted.

Last edited by rodeogirl; 12-12-2008 at 02:22 PM. Reason: because the words in my head never get in the post the first time
rodeogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 02:27 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 237/165.8/130

Height: 5'4"

Yeah. There are so many things that I just don't want any more because they don't taste good to me. It's a nice change!

PhotoChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 02:54 PM   #12  
Mentally ready

S/C/G: 314/266/165

Height: 5'8

I also used to drink about 3-6 cans of diet pepsi a day. I haven't touched it since my life stlye change. I wanted something to drink after eating, but nothing big, so I asked my mom if I could have a sip of her pepsi, YUCK. lol
Beautiful Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 03:19 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 290/ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

It's like that with me and candy. Before I started eating better and dieting, I always had to have candy. I mean had to have it. I could eat a whole family-sized bag a day, sometimes more. These days, I have no desire to eat a bunch of sugar. In fact, the idea makes me kind of sick. I have candy canes in the house, the good jelly-belly flavored ones, and I'm letting myself eat those for a treat- but most of the time I dont even need to finish it.

I haven't gone out of my way to buy anything really sweet in a long time. Those rare times I'm craving sweets, plain animal crackers are usually enough for me.
kelly315 is offline   Reply With Quote