Old 12-06-2008, 11:49 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 237/165.8/130

Height: 5'4"

One thing about heels that I'll recommend (also as a photographer - and I agree with the above) - learn to walk in heels. The thing that makes so many women look uncomfortable is that when they're in heels they shorten their strides and take these little mincing-kitten steps.

Learn to really walk in them ... take your normal length stride. Really stretch it out there. You look better when walking and you get a little more hip action going.

And you don't look like you're hobbling around on mom's dress up heels!

PhotoChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 01:32 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 265/132/150

Height: 5'5"

I love heels, but I had a terrible time wearing them at my high weight. You've lost enough that you should be fine with them. Like Nixie said, the more you wear them the easier it gets. I started wearing them again when I was in the 220's and I was surprised that I kind of had to get used to them again. I hadn't worn heels over two and a half inches very much in years. Now that I've lost more weight I can wear them for more than a couple of hours comfortably. Yesterday I even wore a pair over three inches all afternoon even while shopping. I tried on a cute pair of boots, but I've always had thick calves and they wouldn't zip all the way
H8cake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 01:44 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 265/132/150

Height: 5'5"

Just wanted to add that it's is really helpful to wear things that make you feel good. It has helped me so much to get new heels and pretty outfits that I feel better in. It motivates me to keep going on my plan. It's like positive reinforcement for me. If I feel that I look nice I want to take care of myself by not eating the wrong things. I hope you got the boots Lynn
H8cake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 02:26 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 284/279/170

Height: 5'11

Default Tips

High heels will make you look thinner and if they fit right can be more comfortable than flats. Have your foot measured and be sure to get the right width. A stacked heel will be steadier than a stiletto. Get some gel pads for the pressure points.
To look really long-legged, get a pair that's the same color as your leg.
Have fun!
WifeyBoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 06:17 PM   #35  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eileen2bLean View Post
I am still too heavy for heels but I wore heels every day on my way up to this weight, until I reached about 215. But then, I'm really short so I'm sure that makes a difference because of how one's weight is distributed.

Anyway, I just wanted to post a small suggestion: The more stable the shoe is to stand on, the easier it is on your feet. Like, a shoe that has a high narrow heel and then just a thin sole is all "bendy" and especially if you're heavy, it's really hard on your feet.

However, a shoe with sturdy heels, a wedge, or a platform - one that doesn't bend but supports your arch - is much more comfortable for your feet. Also, if you're not used to heels, you're less likely to "teeter."

or

And my vote would be: Buy the boots!!!!
That was going to my point too!! Teetering on super skinny heels just looks plain bad on big girls, it just does - but a thicker wedge heel looks just dandy!!!

wedge like in the picture, NOT those huge clunky amish looking things, they look good on no one lol
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 09:31 PM   #36  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

I can't wait to wear heels again, but I seem to have a different problem. Now that I'm much heavier, they make my ankles hurt. I really hope this won't be the case when I get to goal as high heels make me feel super sexy.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote