Old 12-06-2008, 12:22 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/168

Height: 5'6"

Thanks so much you guys! Lots of different opinions here but now at least I do not feel completely silly for wanting these boots so much.

I have really missed wearing boots and feeling sexy in my clothes. I don't usually care much about heels but these just called to me. Honestly they have about 1/2 to 3/4 inches before they would be able to zip up my fat calves, so I was thinking along the terms of "motivational boots" like when you get jeans a size smaller and keep trying them on until they fit. But if they fit my calves and then are too big in the feet, hmmm. Not so good. They're only $50. I am still deliberating. Here they are, for what it's worth. I just really love them!

Boots
Lyn2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 12:33 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 182/132/135

Height: 5'7"

Very cool boots!
Schumeany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 12:47 PM   #18  

Height: 5'5"

those boots are totally cute!! ...and the heel is thicker, so I really don't think you'd have a problem. You really notice the pain when the heel is really thin and pointy. I have a pair of awesome Prada heels. They're so cute...sometimes I can wear them and sometimes I can't. The heel is like 6 inches. The only thing that starts to hurt when I wear them are the balls of my feet, and I think they'd hurt even if I was thin!

Last edited by mxgirl737; 12-06-2008 at 12:48 PM. Reason: i can't spell ;)
mxgirl737 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 12:53 PM   #19  

Height: 5'9"

I wear heels, even at my highest! I have very strong leg and calf muscles, and my legs aren't fat, so it doesn't look bad at all.
I have a friend who's about 4'11", shes only 190 lbs but of course since she is so short it shows, and she can't wear heels. Her legs can't support her.
Weird the way things work eh!?

P.S. and yes when I'm in heels, standing beside her, it looks hillarious! I'm well over 6 feet in heels. She's way under my boobs.

Last edited by luvja; 12-06-2008 at 12:55 PM.
luvja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 12:56 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 290/ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

I've never been able to wear heels- but I've always been heavy and very, very clumsy. However, the only way to know is to try. Wear them around your house for a while, see how they feel!
kelly315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 01:05 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyn2007 View Post
I have really missed wearing boots and feeling sexy in my clothes. I don't usually care much about heels but these just called to me. Honestly they have about 1/2 to 3/4 inches before they would be able to zip up my fat calves, so I was thinking along the terms of "motivational boots" like when you get jeans a size smaller and keep trying them on until they fit. But if they fit my calves and then are too big in the feet, hmmm. Not so good. They're only $50. I am still deliberating. Here they are, for what it's worth. I just really love them!
If they make you feel great, I say go for it. I am learning not to underestimate the power of the things that make us feel great. It can be the thing that keeps you on track. And I refuse to believe that boot-induced happiness is shallow.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 01:07 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

I think the heels things is very individual. Many obese women wear heels without any major problem, although I don't think very delicate high heels work. Many women find they couldn't wear heels while obese, and are happy to find they can after they've lost weight. Many women are in pain in heels even when slender.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 01:37 PM   #23  
Feelin' Sassafrassy

S/C/G: 317/271/165

Height: 6'0''

I looooooooooooooooooove my high heel shoes. Stilettos, wedges, pointy toe, round toe, square toe, if its not at least a 2 inch heel I don't buy it. I was wearing them when I was 317 and I still wear them and they just fit better now. I do have to admit they kill my feet normally but I love them and I'll wear them for that reason.
Bee20nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 01:38 PM   #24  
More than halfway to 100!

S/C/G: 273/see ticker/150

Height: 5'6

I just bought a pair of Kenneth Cole dressy boots and I feel like a goddess in them! I tried a lot of pairs on to find ones that were comfortable, so I would say, if they're comfortable, go for it! You will feel like a superstar! I also am on the lookout for a comfy pair of heels that I can wear with skirts to show off my hot new calf muscles from all the working out!!
IrishRose25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 04:16 PM   #25  
Choosing with every bite.

S/C/G: 212.5/182/155

Height: 5' 7"

They do have a nice sturdy looking heel. Thinking about the need to lose some inches before they'll fit around, would you expect to be able to get into them before the weather starts changing for spring? I'm thinking a motivational picture of them now and then being able to buy the ones that fit you in the fall.
WebRover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 04:42 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 254/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

I don't think heels are the issue...I used to wear them at every weight, I don't much anymore because I have ingrown toenails...in part because of the heels! (I don't wear flats though, but I stick to kitten heels or 1 1/2 to 2". (Actually, now that I think of it, I almost never wear flats, everything has at least a small heel.)

I wouldn't get them though...they don't fit. You don't really know if and when they will fit. Your calves are not just thicker with fat, they also contain muscle. By the time you can wear them (if the sizing thing works out) the season will be over. Wouldn't it feel great to get something that fits and looks great then? (Styles change and so do our tastes somewhat.)

You also might try walking around in the store (on tile, not carpet) for about 10 minutes or so to test things out for comfort.

Bottom line though is, do what makes you happiest and most motivated!
Pandora123a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 07:42 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 262/262/145

Height: 5'8"

Hi Lyn-
You may have already decided to whether or not to get those boots, but I just wanted to add my 2 cents. ; ) I find that if I wear heels consistently then there's no problem. But, if I go a few months without wearing anything but flats, it's extremely painful to wear anything over 1 1/2 inches (this was the case even when I was much thinner). So, if you notice pain, you might just need to get your leg and feet muscles back into the heel "groove" before you can tolerate them again. As far as how they look on heavier people, someone earlier said that she's seen it done so it looks great and so that it looks awful--I'd fully agree with that. It all depends on the overall look. Cute boots, hope you go for it!
Nixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 10:16 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/168

Height: 5'6"

Thanks, I still haven't decided! I vascillate between "yeah I WANT them, they'll be motivating" and "Oh I will just wait until I am thinner and have more time to try things on and walk around in them."
Lyn2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 10:27 PM   #29  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Height: 5' 2"

It has been a very long time since I could wear heels, even short ones. This has been a interesting discussion. I am going to add wearing heels to my list of motivators!

I hope that you get your boots and find that you can enjoy them!
time2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 11:26 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 242/187/150

Height: 5'9"

I say buy them!! I've worn heels no matter how thin or fat I was. I love heels! And I'm so jealous of all you shorter women. With 3" heels I tower over most of the men! I can't wait to be thin because then I can just tell them all I'm model height and it would be more believable!! HA.

I agree with the other ladies, the littler the heel the more uncomfortable they are going to be. They take some practice to walk in and look graceful doing it. I don't think weight is the issue, its how strong your legs and ankles are. I see skinny girls ALL the time who are wobbling all over the place.

I also think they make you look thinner. You have better posture and it seems everything is all stretched out. Even my uncle who is a photographer says that he can always tell the brides w/heels and the ones w/out and recommends them to everyone for atleast the pictures. SO get those boots and hit the cat walk!
QTestRDH is offline   Reply With Quote