3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   I've Missed You Guys :) (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/156449-ive-missed-you-guys.html)

shelby897 11-15-2008 09:05 PM

I've Missed You Guys :)

I started working part-time in September, when my "baby" started school. Some how that caused me to completely lose my mind :dizzy: food-wise. I'm a binge eater by "trade" and had lost over 30 pounds with Weight Watchers. However, over the summer I stalled, quit WW and gained back 20 pounds with stress eating.

At this point I know I am not ready for WW yet.... I need to corral my binging and obsessive thoughts of food and will work from there. I'm ashamed to have gained back 20 of the 30 I lost, but that's water under the bridge. My knees hurt again, I'm having trouble breathing and all around feel like crap. I think this is yet another lesson in how eating out of control makes me feel.

So, today I stocked the fridge with vegs, cried myself a river and now I'm ready to get over it :) and begin to use better coping mechanisms to control my behavior.

I'm glad to be back here -- I love this place :hug:

HVEECK 11-15-2008 09:36 PM

Welcome back. glad to see you have not let it slip any further! I'll be rooting for you ;)

fiberlover 11-16-2008 11:44 AM

Welcome back!
Congratulate yourself for actually stopping the gain before you gained all 30 back or more.

rockinrobin 11-16-2008 11:56 AM

I'm so glad to hear from you Shelby!

Good for you for not gaining back the full 30. Yo're 10 lbs ahead of the game.

A well stocked fridge is a great beginning! Good luck to you, my friend.

gumboot 11-16-2008 01:06 PM

Welcome back!

cfmama 11-16-2008 11:12 PM

*hugs* we've all been there.

Slashnl 11-17-2008 01:45 PM

Welcome back Shelby. I know all too well what you are saying. My ticker was a lot further to the right before I went into the land of denial and delusion.

Here we go again!

H8cake 11-17-2008 02:45 PM

I'm glad you are back on track! The older I get the harder it is to deal with change. When my kids went to school and I had to go to work it was one of the hardest changes I had to make. I dealt with it by eating sweets, so I can totally understand what you are going through. :hug: I'm proud of you for getting a handle on it!

Luminous 11-17-2008 02:53 PM

I'm glad you're back too! I too put some weight back on too before returning last week. Congratulations on taking this big step forward once again. :)

S.A.S.H 11-17-2008 04:08 PM

:hug: Welcome back! At least you have noticed the issue and confronted it now before it got worse right? And congrats on keeping the other 10 off. We all have our ups and downs, the important thing is that we get right back up and keep on trucking.

modkittn 11-17-2008 05:01 PM

Welcome back Shelby!

Gela 11-17-2008 06:35 PM

Welcome back! We're here for you :hug:

shelby897 11-17-2008 10:13 PM

I LOVE you guys!! I've always been amazed at the fact we are all so different, however, we continually come together on this site -- agree/disagree -- never seems to matter -- there is a common bond of everyone trying to better themselves (not just with weight loss), as well as providing support for us "slackers, stumblers, etc.". :)

rockinrobin 11-18-2008 06:05 AM

Quote:

I've always been amazed at the fact we are all so different, however, we continually come together on this site -- agree/disagree -- never seems to matter -- there is a common bond of everyone trying to better themselves (not just with weight loss), as well as providing support for us "slackers, stumblers, etc

Shelby, maybe that's because we're ALL slackers, stumblers or ahem - HELLO - HUMAN at some point or another.

Stick around kiddo. Ya hear? You've got work to do young lady. And all us humans are here with you, every step of the way. :hug:

GirlyGirlSebas 11-18-2008 08:33 AM

Welcome back, Shelby! So happy to see a familiar face return to the family. :D