3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   New and fighting the same battle of a 100 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/153895-new-fighting-same-battle-100-a.html)

barbie123 10-12-2008 05:22 PM

New and fighting the same battle of a 100

Hi there, I am new to this board and am looking forward to getting to know others like me that are on a quest to lose 100lbs. I am frustrated with myself, but in the last little while have been coming out of my shell a little. I am happy to be here and happy to not be doing this alone anymore.

:carrot:

fiberlover 10-12-2008 05:53 PM

Welcome to 3FC!!

5aday 10-12-2008 07:24 PM

Welcome! I am also trying to come out of my shell and I would love to hear what you have been doing.

purpleorc 10-12-2008 08:05 PM

:welcome2: to 3fc, I am sure that you will find the help and support from these forums like I have done over the past 18 months.

barbie123 10-12-2008 08:25 PM

Things I have been trying to do to come out of my fat shell are....
Going walking in the park with my dogs and making a point of saying hello to anyone that walks by me...(before I put my head down, if I would even get the courage to go out)

Joined the Curves gym, before I would have never done that for fear of someone seeing me go in...(silly I know)

Making a point of coming on the internet and joining groups like these instead of just lurking around.

PaulaM 10-13-2008 08:09 PM

Crack the rest of that shell and come on out and play! Welcome to the site.

chunckymonkey 10-13-2008 08:40 PM

Hey Barbie123, your doing a great job of coming out of your shell - I'm new to this site also - keep posting on how your doing! Acknowledging everyone on your walks is a wonderful idea, I always keep my head down - starting tomorrow I'm gonna do what you are doing-Thanks!

kelly315 10-13-2008 08:42 PM

Welcome, I'm in the same boat, and its good to have company!

Jude 10-13-2008 08:51 PM

Hi !

Hi Everyone,
I am finding this a bit difficult because I feel like I am admiting I have a problem with food and I am fat and unhealthy. I don't want to be this person anymore, so here I am looking for support from all of you. I am a private person so this is new to me, I am friendly and outgoing I just don't open up to people. I like everyone around me to think I am happy and all is well. Anyone else out there like me?;)

Ookpik 10-14-2008 12:24 AM

:wel3fc:

pamatga 10-14-2008 12:29 PM

:wel3fc:

I too want everyone to think my life is going just grand. I think when I admit openly that it isn't, most people heave a deep sigh. My act must be pretty good then if they are relieved that it isn't.

Well, I am back to the same weight I was a year ago so all I can say is welcome and you are in the best company you will find around.

Lots of love comin at ya :hug:

ChocLabLover 10-14-2008 12:30 PM

:welcome3: to the board!

aliciag57 10-14-2008 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jude (Post 2407495)
Hi Everyone,
I am finding this a bit difficult because I feel like I am admiting I have a problem with food and I am fat and unhealthy. I don't want to be this person anymore, so here I am looking for support from all of you. I am a private person so this is new to me, I am friendly and outgoing I just don't open up to people. I like everyone around me to think I am happy and all is well. Anyone else out there like me?;)

(raising hand Right here! Welcome! My public personnae is this happy outgoing-everything- is-just- right woman. In private, I used to battle anxiety and depression. Lately, I have been opening up to some people, and if they ask how I am doing, I will flat out tell them if I am freaking out over something, or if I am in a pissy mood. I feel way better.:D

luvin2lose 10-14-2008 03:39 PM

I am completely opposite, I'll tell anyone standing still how pitiful my life is :lol: I am very open and honest, prolly too honest.

About 2 months ago I realized I was fat. Well, I knew, but for some reason I always saw myself as much thinner than I really am. I snapped and since then I have been a whirlwind of exercise and diet. I have hit a snag this past week and not lost anything, but my motivation is still going strong.

Welcome to all you newbies. Check out the Mini Goal and Goal threads...they are a real inspiration and gives me tons of motivation.

PoohP 10-14-2008 10:12 PM

Don't feel alone. Most of us are like that. I've noticed that overweight people tend to have dual personalities; the one they present to the world and the one they have inside.