DEEE-looooo-SHUN-al

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • WOW

Do you ever have days where you're feeling kinda....skinny? Like, wow I've lost SO MUCH weigh, my clothes are loose, down a few sizes, feel pretty good and then...

BAM!!!

you catch a side view of yourself in a mirror and go BOING!!! is that ME???

or read a story on CNN about an inmate who can't be executed thru lethal injection because he's too fat to find his veins humanely -- and he's an INCH shorter than you and weighs about the same?????

or your crush on Toby Keith takes on a new meaning when he's 6'4 and weighs THIRTY POUNDS LESS THAN YOU?!

Yup, denial ain't just a river in egypt to be sure!!!

gah! this is depressing !!!!! lol

sorry for the rantin' girls

p.s. my signature avatar is for a ridiculous movie based on the ridiculous Twilight series of vampire books LOL yes, I'm 13!!!
  • Yeah. I've had those days. I hate them! I know I'm fat....I need no reminders from life!

And.....I can't wait for the Twilight movie!
  • Those moments are no fun!
  • Ohmygosh! I hear you 100%! AND my DH is always saying I'm 12, so at least you are a teenager ROFLMAO
  • When those things happen it's so embarassing! Such a wake-up call! I went to the doctor with my son - he's 5'10" and weighs 230. The doctor told him he's obese! I thought what the ****? He looks good to me! And I'm 5'3" and at the time weighed 260. What was the doctor thinking about me? And for some reason, at the time I was thinking I looked OK.

I realize my denial runs very, very, deep.
  • Yes, I have definitely had those moments! I generally have a healthy self-esteem, so I worry that I'm getting ahead of myself and feeling overly confident when I "shouldn't"--now before you all jump on me, I know that I am a valuable individual and have every right to be just as confident and happy as a thin woman, but I think it would be much easier if I lost some weight first! So I start thinking to myself "Hey, I'm not doing so bad! Size 16, alright! I'm almost average-sized!" And then I'll see all the rolls in the mirror, or see/hear some anti-fat-people comment, or realize that I'm still ~80 pounds away from goal, and I think, ", I've got a LONG way to go!" Lol.

Gotta love those days when you feel skinny, though. If you always felt like a fat blob, how would you motivate yourself to keep going?
  • You've lost 60 lbs so far, that is incredible. Do you understand what I'd give to be your weight right now? Every pound is a struggle and you've lost 60 of them so far! I'm sure you look fabulous.

P.S. I heard about that Ohio inmate who claims he's "too fat" for the lethal injection.....
    I'm sorry but I show absolutley no sympathy for him, he raped and killed two young girls.
    As far as I'm concerned, he deserves to die a painful death. Sorry I'm so blunt.
  • I had that very thing happen months and months ago. I was having a great day, my jeans were literally falling off, my cheekbones were thinking about making an appearance soon and my hair was just right. Feeling like a hot mama.

While I was getting dressed to take my son out cartoons were playing. It was The Flintstones. The episode that day was about Fred being fat and going on a diet. It naturally went on and on about his weight.

No big deal until they mentioned it, the actual number. Hells, I weighed more than that. It's stupid in retrospect, but my confidence, previously soaring, took a huge plummet over that cartoon.

PS: You make me LOL over that Twilight stuff. In a good way!
  • i can totally relate to you trazey. I guess sometimes i just have to laugh at myself and not get to discouraged. How many time have i gotten ready for a party or a holiday or something and felt like i was smokin and then a week or two later saw the pictures!!! Im looking forward to the time I can look at those pictures and really see what i felt like i was... Im down 6 this week and not going to give in.... so i got a question for you... Team Edward or Team Jacob????? LOLOL
  • Stupid reality!
    I think I've spent a lot of time in denial. My self-image isn't as fat as I am. So, when I'm not acknowledging how fat I am, I'm typically finding it hard to put a lot of effort into the whole weight loss thing. And then some stupid picture, or I'm standing next to one of my skinny sisters in a mirror and it all comes crashing down.

I guess what I'm saying is that I DO need those reminders because otherwise I'll "forget."

I remember in The Carb Queen, how she talked about being 468 pounds, having her bed on cinderblocks so she wouldn't break it, having to park within a few feet of anywhere she wanted to go. And STILL she would have days where she thought she looked smokin', would see a guy staring at her and think he was thinking how hot she was.

I found that kind-of shocking, but at the same time I thought, well, that's exactly the kind of denial and fooling myself that's allowed me to gain so much weight.

Yup, DEEE-looooo-SHUN-al. You said a mouthful, girlfriend.
  • The weight is coming off so much slower this time, and it's so easy to get discouraged. When I'm hit with the discouragement, I have to remind myself of the progress I've made, not how far I have to go, or I feel overwhelmed.

I ran into a picture of myself not too long ago. I was in my 20's around 230 lbs and the picture was taken by a boyfriend and I was sitting on a tree branch, trying to look "hot." I remember at the time when I first saw it, I hated it. I thought I looked like a cow trying to look sexy.

My reaction today was "Dang, I looked hot." And I don't think it's delusion, as much as comparison. What I wouldn't give to be whining about how "fat I am" at 115 lbs less than I am today. Oops, starting to think that way again, have to remind myself how far I've come.

I've gained quality of life more in this nearly 60 lb loss, than I ever experienced with a weight loss before. I reversed quite a bit of disease and disability, and I do have a far way to go, but I have to focus on my progress or I start to think I can't do this.
  • Quote: ... Team Edward or Team Jacob????? LOLOL
    EDWARD all the way!!!

DH came in from working outside and his hands were cold and when he touched me i said "this is what bella must feel like ALL the time" and he said "i'm a 46 year old man married to a 13 year old" hahahahaha
  • Quote: EDWARD all the way!!!

DH came in from working outside and his hands were cold and when he touched me i said "this is what bella must feel like ALL the time" and he said "i'm a 46 year old man married to a 13 year old" hahahahaha

LOL thats funny. My husband always accuses me of being a child also. Its ok though because i dont feel a bit older than my 13 year old daughter.... oh and we are Jacob Black fans here.... dont hold it against me please...
  • No no, never! I like Jacob too, and he got a happy ending too! yay! I don't know if you've read "Breaking Dawn" yet so I don't want to spoil it for you!!!

hmmm one boy who's freezing cold all the time, or one boy who's scalding hot all the time...I'll take cold over hot, i hate being too warm LOL
  • yes yes yes!!!!!

I'm having one of those days where I feel like I weigh more than when I started this journey! I know this isn't true, but I look in the mirror, and I say, have I really lost over 50 lbs? cause I can't see it.