Old 09-17-2008, 08:33 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4

kind of a off topic question since some of you mentioned Twilight. Are the books SOOOO good that even tho a movie is coming out, that I should read the book before seeing it?
Smiling_Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 10:51 PM   #17  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

I really enjoyed the books - as in, devoured FOUR huge books in about 10 days LOL, but they certainly aren't for everyone. They are not...well...a 'challenging' read, for one thing LOL but it's fun fluff for the brain - and the movie is only about the 1st book, a lot more stuff happens! If you can get it from the library or 2nd hand, and can appreciate ridiculously romantic fluff, go for it!
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 06:41 AM   #18  
93.6lbs to go!

S/C/G: 220/205.6/112

Height: 5'5"

Haha I have LOL'd so much at this post! Denial is my homeboy! I have mentioned in another post that I feel like I'm smaller than I actually am, and I just can't get that I am 'obese' but still wear US size 8 clothes.

But the worst thing is that I have started working out 6 days a week, am feeling real muscular definition and feel fitter, and have started thinking about what I can do with my new-found fitness. The other day I thought 'OMG I should apply for a triathlon!!' But then the non-deranged side of me spoke up and said 'well you couldn't do that 50lbs ago, what makes you think you could do it now?'

But the thing I've always tried to remember is that no matter what size or shape or weight you are, your current weight is someone's goal weight.

Oooh but about what you were saying about guys checking you out. Apparently, apparently, I have the opposite problem. If a guy smiles at me or looks at me, I tend to go 'oh geez is there mascara down my face? Has someone written something on my forehead? Or is it just a pity look?' And my friends go 'erm no...i think he probably just liked you'. I refuse to accept that guys can fancy me. Sigh.
from220to112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 07:23 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 254/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by from220to112 View Post
no matter what size or shape or weight you are, your current weight is someone's goal weight.
I love that! I do the agony/ecstacy thing all the time. One moment I have on my size 18 black jeans, look in the mirror and think "boy do I look terrific..hot..fit..powerful...attractive." I even think that maybe this should be my goal weight cause I look great!

Then I try on something that doesn't fit yet, or catch a glimpse of myself unawares, or look at my body unclothes (I definitely look better in clothes) and suddenly I think "what a cow".

I suspect that both messages are strong enough that they will continue to happen even when I reach goal.
Pandora123a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 01:09 PM   #20  
Maintaining ~6 years!

S/C/G: 263/Maintaining/150

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by from220to112 View Post
But the thing I've always tried to remember is that no matter what size or shape or weight you are, your current weight is someone's goal weight.
Hey, I like that, too! I don't think anyone's "goal" is to be 227, heh, but it wasn't so long ago that I would have killed to weigh this much. I definitely do a backwards delusional thing to myself where I forget how much weight I actually have lost. I haven't seen much of a difference in my physical appearance yet (though I don't know if it's noticeable to others), so it's easy to continue thinking that I've stayed about the same. It feels so weird when I see people on here who are in the 220s (or see the smaller women on The Biggest Loser) and I'm so jealous and think, Man, I wish I weighed that much... Then I remember--hey! I kinda do weigh that much! I still think of myself in terms of being 263 lbs, i.e. I was jealous of a woman who weighed 256 on The Biggest Loser because she's "smaller" than me, hehe, and I thought "I wish they would have more women my size on this show! These women aren't that big!" But it's hard for me to accept that I'm not that big anymore, either. Even when I type that now, it feels like a lie! In the past I've always considered 220s to be the thin side of fat (hehe) but now that I'm there, I feel like I'm the same size I've always been. Heck, I barely even see a big difference from how I looked at my heaviest a few years ago (~280 lbs, we didn't have a scale)! I guess I'm just both kinds of delusional. Hehe!

Sorry to get slightly O/T but that's a great attitude to have, from220to112... Thanks for sharing!

Last edited by Star2Be; 09-18-2008 at 01:09 PM.
Star2Be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 03:45 PM   #21  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trazey34 View Post
or read a story on CNN about an inmate who can't be executed thru lethal injection because he's too fat to find his veins humanely -- and he's an INCH shorter than you and weighs about the same?????
OMG. I saw this, too. I read the story and kept looking down at my own arms, wondering how that could be. Add me to the world of the delusional!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 05:14 PM   #22  

S/C/G: See Ticker

Height: 5'8

I know exactly what you are saying....it happens to me far to often!!!
clewles81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 05:24 PM   #23  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

Star2Be,

My TOPS goal weight slip says 250 lbs. I needed a slip for the group, and while my goal weight here is 150, when my doctor asked what I wanted my goal weight to be, I suggested 200 lbs. He asked me if I might want to reconsider and I thought he meant that he thought the goal weight was too high.

I said, well I thought I'd get to 200 and try to maintain that for a while before deciding whether to go lower - but he had meant the other direction, that he thought that losing nearly 200 lbs, might be overly ambitious, and I could be setting myself up for failure and discouragement.

So, I have three goal weights (any of which I can change at any time). My TOPS goal weight of 250 lbs, my personal "I'd be ecstatic to reach" goal weight of 200 lbs, and my 150 lbs "healthy, but I haven't weighed since I was no more than 10 years old" weight.

It really is true, that almost ANY weight is someone's goal weight. My guess is that the men and women they've shown on tv who are approaching or exceeding 1000 lbs would kill to weigh my highest weight of 394 lbs. It really is a matter of perspective. I remember one guy being quoted how happy he would be just to reach a weight at which he could walk again.

Last edited by kaplods; 09-18-2008 at 05:28 PM.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 08:58 PM   #24  
Maintaining ~6 years!

S/C/G: 263/Maintaining/150

Height: 5'8"

^You are right, as usual! But seriously, thanks for helping me keep things in perspective. What a boost!
Star2Be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 10:07 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trazey34 View Post
I really enjoyed the books - as in, devoured FOUR huge books in about 10 days LOL, but they certainly aren't for everyone. They are not...well...a 'challenging' read, for one thing LOL but it's fun fluff for the brain - and the movie is only about the 1st book, a lot more stuff happens! If you can get it from the library or 2nd hand, and can appreciate ridiculously romantic fluff, go for it!
So, I want to pick a couple of them up today at Target. Can you tell me what the order of the books are. I know Twilight is 1. But after that I'm not sure. I don't wanna get 1 and 3 ya know? thanks!!
Smiling_Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 11:54 AM   #26  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

After Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse, then Breaking Dawn. Enjoy!
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 11:41 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 288/ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornToFly View Post
I know this isn't true, but I look in the mirror, and I say, have I really lost over 50 lbs? cause I can't see it.
You know, I feel the exact same way when I look at myself naked. With clothes on, I can see it (usually). But when I'm naked, all I see is fat rolls. I don't know when that's going to change.

Lisa
LisaF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 01:09 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 248/240/167

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaF View Post
You know, I feel the exact same way when I look at myself naked. With clothes on, I can see it (usually). But when I'm naked, all I see is fat rolls. I don't know when that's going to change.

Lisa

Lisa,

When you feel that way, take a look at your ticker! You are amazing!!!
aliciag57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 03:58 PM   #29  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

It happens for me when I try to buy new clothes!!! I think I'm doing great and then nope, those 22's don't fit you, even though the 22's at home do, but just ned replacing. Frustrating.
SuchAPrettyFace is offline   Reply With Quote