Old 09-19-2008, 04:42 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4

Default Red Lobster, Party food and birthday cake, Oh My!!

This weekend has already started bad, I need good vibes that I can control myself the rest of the weekend. I went to Red Lobster last night with a friend were they have this all you can eat shrimp going on. I had a serving of Cajan, and coconut shrimp and two servings of garlic shrimp!! I swear once I was done, I felt like I ate my weight in shrimp.....Now I have a birthday party tonight for my brother in law with pizza and cake, and a 8 year old bday party tomm with food and cake, followed by yet.....you guessed it, ANOTHER party Sat night....

I did have a nice bowl of fruit not to long ago, 2 peaches, so that I would not be tempted to pig out on pizza.....but it will still be tempting as pizza is such a trigger food for me.

What are some things I can do to keep strong against all the party food I will be surronded by this weekend!!
Smiling_Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 05:00 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

You've got alot of challenges..but, it's good to go with a strategy.

One thing that helps me before a party is to eat a huge lettuce and light vinegarette salad. At least don't go with an empty tummy.

Take one or two pieces of pizza and don't go near the table again.

At the birthday parties - decide if you want a taste of ice cream or cake. I usually tell folks that I am watching my sugar intake or cholesterol and then don't eat that stuff. That way no one is 'looking at what I eat' - like when they think I am trying to lose weight.

Just because you overate yesterday...doesn't mean you have to keep going. I know it's really hard to stay away.

Do some deep breathing.

Good luck.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 09-19-2008 at 05:04 PM.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 06:59 PM   #3  
The Radiant One

S/C/G: 250/142/135

Height: 5'2"

That is a tough schedule! Bring foods with you that you can snack on, so you won't be so tempted.
fiberlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 07:17 PM   #4  
needs constant reminding

S/C/G: 164/maintenance since 8/08

Height: 5'4"

Today, while I was a bday party and eating too much pizza, I noticed a woman pulling a fiber 1 bar out of her bag and breaking a piece off, then munching it. Huh.

The tricky part for me is to remember to plan take along food. Also, having it in the house to bring along-- that can be helpful

Last edited by kittycat40; 09-20-2008 at 07:17 PM.
kittycat40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 09:02 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 254/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

My strategies are to eat beforehand so that I don't go to the party hungry, and also to pre-plan by making some decisions.

I might decide ahead of time that I can have one piece of pizza or a serving of cake or ice cream (but not both.) That way I have made the decision and am not trying to decide right in front of the food! It also helps that when I follow my "party plan" I feel great that I have done so, and am less likely to think I've blown it and might as well have everything else!

You can do this!
Pandora123a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 12:13 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4

thanks guys. the sat day party went alright. I did have culvers for lunch, had a port tenderlion sandwhich. I skipped the cake altogether. Then at the evening party, I had a very small portion of potatoes and a pizza burger. NO DESSERTS!! They had a peanut butter pie and many others that looked so good, I thought "am I hungry yet?" the answer was no, so I didn't have it. Worked out this am, and am now ready to make a big salad and sit down for some football. I have one more hurdle tonight, where it's the family dinner for my friends daughters bday party, and I'm aunt Born to her, so I was invited to go. Hopefully they will have something semi healthy to have for dinner.
Smiling_Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 12:47 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 248/240/167

Height: 5'6

Before dinner tonight, you might have a low-cal/low sugar beverage or even have dinner before you go. If you are asked why you are not eating so much, just say you are full from a meal you had earlier.

I am a cake addict...it's my trigger. If confronted with a similar situation as yours, I would have a small piece of cake. You can use the same excuse, that you are full from an earlier meal.
aliciag57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 04:04 PM   #8  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

Before parties or other events where I know the food is going to be unhealthy, I will have a protein serving (greek yogurt, lowfat string cheese, hardboiled eggs, shrimp cocktail, whatever you like) and fiber. And then 2-4 cups of water. It keeps my stomach full, then I can concentrate on the conversation & catching up with everyone. If there is something that looks good I will have some, but will stop eating when my curiosity/wanting is sated.

I don't know if any of you have seen the biography on Paula Deen, but what I like about her is she eats everything she makes, and usually ends up taking a great big bite of whatever it is she just made. She said her producer is constantly reminding her, "Princess bites, Paula!", so I try & roll with that. 3 princess bites, really savoring & enjoying them, and then move on.

Congrats on knowing you needed a plan & doing what worked for you!
SuchAPrettyFace is offline   Reply With Quote