3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   #149 - New Weather, New Beginnings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/15134-149-new-weather-new-beginnings.html)

BA99TJ 04-11-2002 08:57 AM

Good Morning to you too Pryia, I am really glad that you have joined us here.. you've brought a smile to my face more than once!!!

I'll start with my "good list" for yesterday:

1. There was carrot cake in the office, and I had a 2x2x1/2 inch slice of it, and didn't go back for seconds (small miracle, carrot cake is my FAVORITE kind of cake.)
2. I drank over 100 oz of water
3. I ate at the bottom range of my points.
4. I made it rollerblading, even though everything was trying to stop me (traffic, dinner, etc.)
5. I did all my shoulder and ab exercises before I left for work.

As far as the point free soup goes - I don't put cabbage in mine.. I'm not a big cabbage fan. I put in 2 c. shredded carrots, 1 c. chopped celery, 8 c. vegetable broth, 4 large zucchinis (chopped into small pieces), 2 large cans stewed tomatoes, 1 whole onion, chopped, 3-4 chopped garlic cloves, 1 small can of mushrooms, lots of italian seasoning, 1 small can of tomato paste and about 2 c. of fresh spinach. (I have a REALLY big pot I use to make it.)

velvet - My challenge for you is to write down AT LEAST 2 Things you did right today. They don't have to be major huge accomplishments. But you gotta do it!!!!

I learned something interesting about myself today... which is although I think I have GREAT Self esteem, its really barely hanging on by a thread. I had a horrible dream about my husband... that he was cheating on me, and he punched me 3-4 times, and all sorts of other horrible things (that I could never imagine him EVER doing in real life by any stretch of the imagination)... but I still woke up feeling really shaken, and horrible, and needed him to hug me like 20 times before I was ok again. I think sometimes I'm just afraid he's going to up and leave... especially when I see all the girls at the gym that he's been around for the last 2 years... I know I need to stop worrying about it, because he would never ever leave me... but it really doesn't take too much to shake me right off that self-esteem train. But positive thinking is a great way to help us on this journey... so my thought for the day is that "There is no way my dream would ever come true." I'll just focus on that when the bad thoughts come.

Other than that I'm having a great OP day... its only 9 am and I've already gotten 24 oz of water down. Yippee!!

Good luck to you girls too... I'm thinkin about ya!

Jenniffer 04-11-2002 10:17 AM

Goodmorning angels. How is everyone today? It's a beautiful Spring morning here in New York. The weather really helps my whole outlook on everything. I am eating my OP breakfast, chugging my water and even taking my lunch early today so I can go walk this morning before my wonderful positive attitude gets trampled on during my day.

You all sound like your doing really well and keeping good spirits.

BA....I am really happy you found this group. You are an awseome addition. You inspire me every day.
Carrot cake is my all time favorite too, even though am a chocoholic. lol

Pryia..Woohoo for having such an OP day yesterday. Don't good days feel so darn good? And I applaud you for leaving your ex with a new baby and no money. Must have been hard, but look at how far you've gotten.

velvet..One positive thing you did do that you failed to mention, you logged onto 3FC. We all know that logging on is a plus everyday. Keeps us focused.

PNG..Good idea about the grocery list. If it's not there, we won't use it. And no, it is not necessary to function. lol

icewoman..*HUGS* Take a deep breathe sweetie. Calm down and get your thoughts in order. Calmly talk to him. Tell him how you feel and ask him the questions. Don't jump the gun. Sometimes we love to imagine things when were not feeling too hot about ourselves. BUT if your really feeling that something is going on, do something about it now. Don't wait. And don't try to force anything to work for anyones sake. Do what is best for you. Were here for you chickie.

Suzie..How have you been doing? Don't think of it as starting over again. Your just going to have some good days from now on. We all have bad days, all the time. As long as the good outweigh the bad, you'll be doing good. Remember, good days are addicting.

I am doing pretty well actually. Haven't weighed, but I feel good. A slip here and there, but much much better.

Does anyone know about Medical Billing? Where you process medical claims from your home PC and get paid for it? I am looking into it to bring in some extra cash. Trying to settle into my new "income bracket" after my divorce, and it's hurting, badly. I've done some research on it, and it seems to be a pretty good thing to get into. I contacted one company and they pay $4 a claim. And the better you type, the more you can process per hour. And I am a pretty good typist. If I do say so myself. lol Has anyone done it or know anything about it?

Have a great water filled OP day. Almost Friday!

Sandi 04-11-2002 03:55 PM

Boy, 2 pages and I'm looking at this thread for the 1st time. I think I'm a little behind.

My life...let's see. Been having good and bad days. Can't seem to get consistent. But, today I am trying again. I am trying something new and writing down my food in my journal as I eat it. Usually I write it down the night before. I still plan it out the night before. My theory is write it before I bite it. That way nothing can "squeek" by. Plus, it sorta makes me feel more accountable. We'll see how that goes.

Saw that there is a Curves opening up right by where I work. I am going to talk to hubby and see if that isn't something I could work into our schedule. I am going to try it next week and see if I like it. Someday I am going to join a gym and lift weights. I miss it.

BethAnne - Like the hair!! Congratulations on re-joining WW. I think their prgram is awesome!! I think you are doing great. What a good idea, Good things I do...hmmmm

1. I got up at 4:00 am and worked out
2. I didn't have any of the peanut butter cups that were in the kitchen at work
3. I am having 12 pretzels for a snack instead of a cookie even though they are the same points (cookies send me in the wrong direction)

That's kinda fun!

Sherry - How did you do with starting over? You sound so much like me. But I am really going to try and stick with it better. My mini goal is to make it through the weekend.

Pryia - Good job on having so many days OP!! Maybe I can join you!!

PNG - Sounds like you are having a ball with your training!!

Gayle - Good things??? :)

Tamara - {{{{{{BIG HUGS}}}}}} I'm sorry that you are going through this. I agree with some of the girls, you need to talk to him. Lay your cards on the table. Let us know how you are doing.

Pryia 04-11-2002 09:24 PM

Good Evening all!!

Boy of Boy am I one tired girl. I ran around the office for 2.5 hours straight. I do mean ran too. Had to get some things shipped out ASAP!! Which means yesterday! But I guess that is okay cause it is excerise in one form or another!

Good List: (Okay I am calling it the great List)
[list=1][*]Drank a ton of water. Don't even know how much I lost track.[*]Only ate 1/2 of the muffin one of the girls went and got for me. I ran around so much this morning, I was starving and had 1.5 hours till lunch[*]when one of the managers came around with cookies and muffins. I said no thank you and had no guilt doing so[*]Came home after my appointment and had a healthy dinner of soup[*]Stayed OP for the 4th day[*]Went to the Grocery store instead out to eat after my appointment[*]Made a date with a friend to go rollerblading on Sat[/list=1]

Jacobsmommy-of course you can join me. You can do it. We can all do it.

BA-Great job on the cake. I don't like carrot cake. And when I think of it......reminds me when my aunt use to make homemade carrot cake. Well one year my cousin wanted to smell it. So I shoved it up his nose. I know it is so mean. But just made me smile. I wonder if he remembers that.:lol:

Well I am sorry I am not replying to all. I am so tired. I am off to figure out lunch tomorrow and then sleep!!!!

TGIF!!!!

:wave:

velvet 04-11-2002 11:41 PM

ok...GOOD THINGS

Today, I...

1. ...helped my friend get to the doctor.
2. ...massaged my Mom's muscle spasms in her back.
3. ...Shared the dozen roses I got for my b-day with the rest of the senior center in which I live.
4. ...prayed for all my friends...in real space, and in cyber-space.
5. ...let my visiting friend have the remote. :cool:
6. ...lent 2 dresses to my girlfriend.
7. ...talked to my aunt on the phone.
8. ...cleaned up my living room, bathroom, and kitchen.
9. ...logged-in to 3FC.
10. ...sent 2 greeting cards.

WHEW!!!!.... Now, that wasn't so hard, now was it, Gayle!?

Thanks to everyone of you eloquent words of encouragement!

Pryia~
Welcome here. You are a true inspiration in so many ways. You have overcome so many devistating things! And you've done it with a lot of class! May we all take something constructive from your inciteful words.

BA~
I also want to thank you for founding this thread. You've attracted some very inciteful, intelligent women. I feel honored to post with this group.
Your version of 'the soup' sounds very good, too. I have always loved cabbage. My dad always had a LARGE garden in the small town were we used to live. So, we always had fresh vegetables all summer long. My brother and I always had to try everything that mom cooked. We didn't have to eat it again, but we had to try it. Unfortunately, I seldom found anything I didn't like!! *ALAS*
Thanks for the challenge. I was up to it! I'm feeling much better than that day! I am sooo sorry that you had that nightmare! Your DH sounds like a true treasure! I certainly know where you are coming from, though. And, it sure sounds like you get great support from him. You guys sound like you have a very special bond. I'm very happy for you. My best friend, Debby, has that connection with her hubby. It's a wonderful thing to witness. And, (I must say) you are doing awsomely! Keep up the great work.

Jenniffer~
Talk about an inspiration!...you're a dynamo, girlie! Good for you. That medical billing sounds very good to me. I'm interested in how people can use their PC for business. Before I was disabled, I worked in Accts Payable for a nationwide Pharmacy chain. I was head of the check dept. We processed all the checks printed to pay all our vendors. On an average day, it took me almost exactly 8 hrs. to complete all the tasks I did in a day. Time flies when you're that busy. I loved it. Thanks for the hint about something I did right the other day. You were absolutely right!

Sherri~
I'm coming along pretty well, friend. Just one of those 'bad days' you were talking about! You're doing a great job hopping back on the bandwagon as soon as you slide off! Thanks for your inspiration, too. Keep trying those new ideas. That's exactly how to do this! Soon, you'll know what works and what doesn't. Just keep giving us those good ideas too!
Things can move very fast around here, can't they? I, too, have missed posting for only a day, and practically have to read a whole book. This is a great thread.

Tamara~
I hope your situation is working out the way you want. You've had some excellent suggestions from these ladies. Hope you come out of it happy. Remember, 'what doesn't kill us makes us stronger'! How are things going by now.

PNG~
How are the workouts going. You are going to inspire me to find something I love as much as you love your workouts! Come in soon and let us know how things are going in the desert!

Sherry~
Come back in and share some of the ideas that you are working on. Come on....share...

I've eaten more than I had planned to eat over my birthday, but, darnit, 2 different people have fed me in as many days!! And that's only so far!!!! . . . . Saturday, my cousins are going to a steakhouse to celebrate another cousin's b-day, and on Sunday, I'm going to a friend's house for a spag dinner!! And, today, my mom made homemade bread..:( Oh, well, I'll get through this b-day thing and be ready to dig in after weigh-in on Monday.

I don't even know if 3FC will let me post such a book like this grew to be!!! Thanks, again, for all the wonderful words you all had for me. I'll not be leaving this site for a long time!

Love, Gayle

BA99TJ 04-12-2002 09:25 AM

DOn't have a lot of time right this minute, but I wanted to say..

GAYLE - ITS YOUR BIRTHDAY??? How could we miss that.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU (I'm singing it for you babe!!)

And GOOD JOB with the good things, I am SOOO proud of you!!

Jen 04-12-2002 09:39 AM

Wowee!

Wow, I'm not on the PC for a couple of days and the place explodes with posts. It is so great to see everyone jumping back in.

I don't know if everyone read this on another thread but my DH got fired from his job last week. It wasn't really unexpected and actually somewhat of a relief. His stress level has decreased a lot already. We are okay financially for now. He got several weeks of severence plus his vacation pay and right now he is doing freelance work from home for his place that will probably give him a job in a couple of months. It is a new company so they just want to make sure that they are going to have enough work to keep everyone employed. It is not easy having him home so much though. We tend to fight a lot if we spend too much time together.

The baby is doing well, he's teething right now so he's cranky on and off. The good news is that he is back to sleeping through the night, thank goodness.

I stopped my running/walking for a week to give my knees some recovery time. I seemed to have stopped all my other workouts as well, like my stretching and weight training which of course I can still do and I had intended to ride my exercise bike but I don't seem to be doing that either. I think I was really structuring my whole day around going out for a walk so now I don't know what to do with myself.

Tamara - ask your hubby about the #'s in a calm way or phone them yourself and see who it is. Whatever you do don't let it fester, get the whole thing out in the open right away. About the internet girlfriend, my own personal opinion is that anyone who is willing to have a girlfriend over the computer will eventually be willing to either meet that person or just pick up someone else. Put a stop to that ASAP.

Beth - I've had similar dreams about the DH, usually he is cheating on me and I wake up feeling really mad at him. I can't say that I've ever had dreams where he is beating me as both my concious and unconcious know that I would be out the door in 2 seconds if he ever touched me in a violent way and he knows it too.

Sorry I can't do indie replies to everyone but I'm really glad to see everyone posting.:D

Jenniffer 04-12-2002 11:39 AM

Quick note this morning..

Doing well, feeling well and so so so happy it's finally Friday!

jen..Sorry to hear about your hubby being layed off. It's everywhere. But sounds like your all handling it well. Make sure you get some aone time so you don't strangle eachother. lol

Have a nice weekend everyone, stay strong, enjoy the outdoors and chug that water. See ya all on Monday!

nasus40 04-12-2002 02:24 PM

Hi all I have been very busy but just wantet to stop in ans say hi!!! things are really hopping here and i ove to see that!! I will be stopping in more regularly as soon as i settle down. but to let everybody know that i am thinking of you all. and holding my ground!!! and lurking daily if i am not posting.

PNG 2 04-12-2002 02:28 PM

Gayle, Happy Birthday!

I couldn't get in to post last night and was utterly lost... lol Well, so far today, I'm on a roll, got up early, did the training exercises with hubby, cooked b'fast, and we all ate together, something that usually doesn't happen for b'fast... walking for a workout today, without the baby (she's off to gawpaw's for the weekend) so I'll be able to put some fire into it, my knee is feeling a little strained, so I figure better not push it too much with the impact.

well, here's my good things, for today, and yesterday too:

1. Yesterday, instead of biting when hubby offered fast food mexican for dinner (Taco time has veggie burritos) or going to one of the buffetts, I went to the store and bought stuff for vegetarian (not vegan tho) taco salad, which I'll also be having for lunch...

2. woke up early, did the above mentioned things, plus I'm already on my second quart of water, AND my kitchen is clean, and I'm baking bread... it's almost done...whoohoo! not bad for 11 am :D

3. walking to the library today before I pick up hubby, gonna get some mental exercise too :D

OK, I had more, but dad in law came to get the kid, and I forgot...LOL

I was also gonna do individual replies, but I guess I'll have to come back to that later, or we can all get updated when we relax tonight in chat :D

PNG 2 04-12-2002 03:24 PM

Took me forever to find the question I needed to answer...lol...

Gayle, the desert for me, is Elko Nevada, nothin but dust, sagebrush, and mountains :D back home, is Warren, Ohio

Pryia 04-12-2002 10:11 PM

Happy Birthday to Gayle!! Happy Birthday to you!! :hb: :hb: :hb: I hope you had a wonderful day!!

PN2-Great job not giving in to the fast food!! That is really a good thing.

Jen- my teething baby...loved frozen washclothes to suck and bite on. Also Frozen bagels work too...depends on the age. Of course my baby is now 10!

Good things I did:;)
[list=1][*]Did not go get a fattening lunch..after the people I was suppose to have lunch with left without me[*]Drank a lot of water...not as much as yesterday[*]stay OP for day 5[*]Did not relieve my stress with food[*]thought before I ate[*]Have not had any regular soda for 5 days!!![*]Came home and made dinner, even though I was tired and wanted to just pick up something[/list=1]

Tomorrow is weigh in. I am hoping for a good lose. I know I have lost. I could wear a pair of pants that 2 weeks ago I could barely button!!!

Have a wonderful weekend and stay :strong:

P
OP 5 Days!!

icewoman 04-12-2002 10:23 PM

Hello all,

Thanks for the advise. I did talk to him and he said it was all when the baby was born and he called his reletives. I also asked about some of the phone numbers and he said they were his friends from online. One is suppose to be his online sister. The only reason I don't trust him right now is 2 months ago I got a call from a girl. She was a friend of his on the internet. He was telling her a line of bull and was doing some stupid things on the webcam with her. I don't know I really can't trust him to much right now and he knows it but it doesn't seem to mean anything to him. I right now don't know if I could leave with my son who is 4 and daughter who is 3 weeks yet. I don't know if I could do it on my own. Also I would have to leave my 2 step daughters behind and would miss them so much. I don't know but divorce has come up in our conversations recently. I really don't know if he is serious about it or just joking. My husband has told me this girl has called him on his cellphone since and she is hounding him about how he broke her heart. He has asked her to quit calling him and she keeps it up. I just told him he has the right to file harasment charges or block her phone number. This girl has also said she was going to start calling the house again. I don't need that harrasment. I have some deep thinking to do about this and don't know what to do about it yet. Well besides that every thing else seems to be going good. I am still breastfeeding and losing weight. I have a killer cold right now and feel really run down. Baby is up to 9lbs. 6 ozs. and 21 inches long.

Gayle, Happy Birthday!

Jen--I can relate to the husband getting laid off. Mine hasn't yet but I know at his place of employment they just laid off 100 people. He was just lucky. I hope your husband finds a job soon.

I will post more later need to go now.

nasus40 04-12-2002 10:41 PM

Tamara My hears out to you. You have to make some difficult decisions. good luck and I hope that all goers well. I do not want to give you advice on what to do as I am not in your shoes. but i can give you my support on what ever you decide. Just remember who you are and how you are worth what ever you desire!!!

Jen 04-13-2002 08:01 AM

Tamara - web cams are very dangerous things! I wouldn't have one if my life depended on it. Also your hubby seems to have an unhealthy relationship with the Internet. I know we are all friends but your husband seems to have taken it to a whole other level. Does he have any real life friends? You really don't need this whole thing especially with the new baby and all. Somehow I have a weird feeling that your DH is enjoying all this attention this other girl is giving him by the phone calls saying he broke her heart. I think he needs to pay more attention to his family at home and less time with the Internet group.