Old 09-10-2008, 11:31 PM   #1  
I love Werewolf Movies

S/C/G: 270/Tracker, baby, tracker/127

Height: 5'7

Angry Oops, I did it just once, I ate late at night, I'm back in the game - oh baby, baby.

Yeah, that was Britney.

I just needed to make a confession. While it may not be the mother-load of confessions that will provoke "ohhh's and ahhhh's" from the crowd... I figured we could take mine and roll with the guilt... confess here, one and all.

I did something REALLY dumb today. So I am on my Fitday account, logging those calories, when I checked to see how much some shelled sunflower seeds would be. 728 Calories for the cup of them, I check for 1/2 and 1/4 of a cup and still way too much. I opted for a banana instead. Now, I go to check my allotted calories for dinner and see that I have a really limited number of them left for the day. I kept thinking... what the heck... bah, I will just stick to a 1/2 a cup of rice, some beans and a 1/2 a link of low fat chicken sausage. I added a bit of BBQ sauce and chomped miserably through my meal. Basically - it was a leftover mess from nights before.

I am not food planning - but slowly learning my way through a food log on how to eat what I want but stay in my calorie range. I work on my computer ALL day - so it is working amazingly but....

By nine, I am STARVING. Like, not binging gotta-have-something-in-my-face-or-I-will-die, but tummy growling the whole nine yards. I log back on to remind myself of all my great progress to keep me from eating... and that is when i see it... the damn sunflowers, that I didn't consume, just sitting on my fitday food log.

I am low on calories for the day. So instead of having one really great satisfying meal when I should have - I went and made myself a pan-fried egg (non stick spray not butter) 3 shaved slices of ham and a piece of reduced fat LOL cheese on high fiber bread - SENDING ME OVER MY CALORIES FOR THE DAY. Mind you - only by like 100 calories, but still.... how annoying is that?

I am so mad at myself for not using my common sense and KNOWING that something was off.

Anyone else got any better ones?

- Paula
xYourBelleMortex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 05:54 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 254/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

You have to laugh a little! Congrats on choosing to stay on plan even when you thought it meant a little deprivation.
Pandora123a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 05:59 PM   #3  
I love Werewolf Movies

Haha, I know. I heart laughing. I still feel like a total moron. lol.
Old 09-11-2008, 06:03 PM   #4  
New BodyBugger!

S/C/G: 317/ticker/175

Height: 5' 9"

Well, hubby wanted a chocolate ice cream cone. Of course, I had to make it because he says no one makes them like me....(aka he didn't want to do it.) So I told myself that the treat was for him not for me. I finished his cone and then licked the spoon. Licked it Again. Then I barely put more on the spoon to lick.... went in for a little more.... and before I knew it, I had made and ate a cone for myself too. I am awful with temptation.

But I got news for hubby... when its gone...IT's GONE! I can't keep stuff like this around anymore. Boy, won't he be disappointed.
HeatherMcG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 06:32 PM   #5  
stand-up philosopher

S/C/G: 276/260/???

Height: 5'7"

It looks like a day for confessions.
twilit tera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 06:37 PM   #6  
I love Werewolf Movies

Heather,
Lol, I hear that sistah. You know, that is why i refuse to keep the ice cream in the house, along with PB and a variety of things because they are total trigger foods for me. They click on the "Fat Kid" segment of my brain where the self control just fails.

Depending on what plan you are on - you can find all sorts of "not that bad" items in the grocery store - I highly recommend the skinny bear Klondike crunchy ones. If you are on WW they are only 3 points and taste just the same. Calories are minimal (comparatively) and while the fat content isn't ideal, it is still a lot lower.
- Paula
Old 09-11-2008, 06:41 PM   #7  
I love Werewolf Movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by twilit tera View Post
It looks like a day for confessions.
Lol Tera, I know I just read your post. I commented but deleted it because I didn't feel like arguing about what is correct to post and what isn't.

I personally don't believe there is anything wrong with confessions and asking what the other girls/guys have done. I believe it is a growing experiance and is something that we ALL can relate to. So, you go girl on fessing up about your lollipop, it sure beats my idiot move last night. Seriously? How stupid was that?

But I can tell you... that sandwich was delish.