Old 09-11-2008, 10:49 AM   #1  
stand-up philosopher

S/C/G: 276/260/???

Height: 5'7"

Default Confession Time

Hello, delightful chicks!

I've made a "new rule" for myself. Any time I do something related to diet and exercise that I'm not proud of, I'm going to share it with you. The hope is that if I know in advance that I'm not keeping my slip-ups to myself, I'll be more motivated to stay on track.

Yesterday I ate a bit out of boredom. It wasn't a craving or anything, I just felt bored and unmotivated. I had a lollipop (70 calories, sugar, but it was organic - no HFC) and a yogurt.

It's not that I had them, or that I went way beyond my usual intake. It's the fact that not only was I not hungry when had them, I didn't even necessarily want the food... I was just feeling kinda blah.

Okay, back to your regularly scheduled programming.
twilit tera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 10:54 AM   #2  
inspired this time around

S/C/G: 161/149/130

Height: 5'3''

Good for you!!!!!!!!!!! only a lollipop! I don't think you have much to confess here. Don't be too hard on yourself!!!
whoIwannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 11:10 AM   #3  

Height: 5'9"

Yesterday I was bored and a little hungry while watching Dr. Phil, so I went to the kitchen and grabbed the box of triscuts there was 10 crackers left in the bag, and yup, I ate them all... every single last one of them!
luvja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 11:17 AM   #4  
Cute, Curvy, Coquettish

Location: Manchester, New Hampshire. Originally from California

S/C/G: 192.5/180ish- I think! /150.0

Height: 5'1"

I too tend to eat out of boredom. I have a Post-it in front of me that gives me other choices to do if I don't need to eat, when I am feeling bored. Other activities to do when I am bored: clean a room, do an exercise DVD, read a magazine, close my eyes for 10 minutes. It may seem silly, but I look to it for reinforcement.

gail

Last edited by bunny43; 09-11-2008 at 06:26 PM.
bunny43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 02:14 PM   #5  
I feel GREAT!

S/C/G: 228/145/135

Height: 5'5

My co worker brought me in a vanilla cappuccino from McDonalds because she thought of me. Although she knows I am trying to stay away from High calorie items. I had a few sips because I felt bad she went out of her way to buy that for me. It was good.
thatgirl1024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 02:49 PM   #6  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Tera, congratulations on finding a wonderful way of becoming accountable with yourself and with your support team....3FC. I also tend to eat when bored. What is your plan for beating the munchies when boredom comes around again?

One word of caution to other posters. Please don't let these threads develop into a way of commiserating with each other about our mishaps...sort of a misery loves company type of thing. For Tera, eating the lolipop...even though it was healthy... was a mishap and I don't think she is looking for justification from any of us. Accountability is good, but we also need to admonish each other to get right back on plan, learn from our mistakes and move on.

I only say this because I've seen some people use these type of threads as a bragging point.."You think you messed up...look at what I did?" Let's get excited about what we're doing correctly, too.

Last edited by GirlyGirlSebas; 09-11-2008 at 02:50 PM.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 03:05 PM   #7  
stand-up philosopher

S/C/G: 276/260/???

Height: 5'7"

Thanks, everyone for understanding!

whoIwannabe: You're right, it was just a small indulgence, but it's not what I ate, but why I was eating that I'm trying to discourage. If I'd had the yogurt when I was hungry or ate the lollipop because, darn it, I want that yummy lollipop (and I've got the wiggle room), it would have been a different story.

luvja: I hear ya. Just like whoIwannabe said about me, 10 triskets doesn't seem like a big deal, but I know it's not the food, it's the state of mind you were in when you ate them. If Dr. Phil is one of your regular programs, maybe you could take up a hobby that will keep your hands busy (crochet, sketching, sudoku or whatever) while you watch the show.

If your plan includes carbs and you feel "a little hungry," it might help to decide when you get the crackers how many you will have and bring only that many crackers (don't forget a nice cold glass of water!)

Gail: What a great idea! Some visible reminder of alternatives so I don't have to think too hard about it when I'm actually experiencing the boredom/lack of motivation might really help. Thanks for the tip!

Caroline: Sorry to hear about the cake. I know how hard it can be to resist those office birthdays/potlucks/pizza days/etc. Just take a deep breath in, let it out slow and remind yourself to remind yourself of how that cake made you feel the next time you're offered food at work.

thatgirl: I don't think people realize how much fat/calories are in those silly things. They think "oh, coffee's safe" and get it without giving it another thought. Congratulations on stopping at "a few sips"! Maybe you can take the assertive approach with your friend and say, "Thanks for the capuccino. If you pick something up for me in the future, would you be willing to make it (insert healthier alternative here)?"

I know, easier said than done... always.

Rhonda: Thanks for keeping this thread on track. It really is about making better decisions in the future.

I think it would have helped if I'd gone for a short walk. Getting the blood circulating and a little fresh air certainly would have lifted my mood and may have helped me concentrate on getting work done. I think I'll find someplace to post "boredom" alternatives, like Gail suggested.

for everyone

Last edited by twilit tera; 09-11-2008 at 03:10 PM.
twilit tera is offline   Reply With Quote