Old 09-07-2008, 11:09 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Hello ladies,
I had plans to get together with a friend and her family this afternoon for a late birthday celebration for her (bday last week). We were going to get a bushel of crabs, but DD is not feeling well, so we cancelled so her kids do not catch anything. So, I'm disappointed but now I have an afternoon to spend. I think I'll do some catching up on work, then later we are volunteered to help with closing the pool for a couple of hours. I've got some crabcakes in the freezer, so I'll comfort myself with one for dinner. I bought a 5 lb tub of lean ground beef at Aldi's yesterday for $1.60/lb, so I've got to figure out how to use that up. Looks like tacos for the kids tonight.
Poor DD is really miserable with a cold (I think), and I feel guilty. Yesterday was really nasty here, pouring rains all day and windy, and we were out running around in it most of the day.

So I was waiting to see how the day would play out before I made my food plan:

B: pumpkin oatmeal bar, scrambled egg, coffee with milk
S: cheese stick, tomato juice
L: skillet eggplant lasagna
S: skim latte, apple or pear
D: crabcake, warm spinach and tomato salad
S: cottage cheese and NSA apple butter on whole grain toast

I was on-plan yesterday until bedtime. DD had a birthday party and when the mom dropped her off, she had bought all the kids a McDonald's milkshake. Of course DD took two sips and left it, so I was debating putting it in the freezer for her to drink today, and the fat girl took over my brain and I took a couple of sips. It was so gross! Sickly sweet and no other flavor really. I came to my senses and poured it down the drain, but I was nauseous all night, and it served me right.

mj, wanted to let you know sears.com has a pretty good sale going right now. It's not the blowout they had last year, but there are some nice tops in the $2 - $3 range, and lots of other things. If you spend $50, there is a $5 off code too. I'll look it up and post here. Have a nice pj day.
ETA: Oops the code is SWELCOME, but it expired yesterday. If you order you may still want to try it though, sometimes they stay active longer than stated. Also, for in-store, here is a printable $5 off of $30:
http://www.searspartsdirect.com/part..._5_on_purchase
Beverlyjoy, glad you are having so much family fun this weekend. Getting those stories down is a great plan, that's something that will benefit the whole family and generations to come!
Lyn, hope you are feeling better! I agree it must be extremely difficult when someone else is bringing junk in and undermining your efforts. Do you know if ?H is out for good? If you don't want to answer that, I am sorry for prying.
Hope Ginger is having a great camping trip!
How is Rhonda?

Last edited by Schmoodle; 09-07-2008 at 11:35 AM.
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 03:37 PM   #32  

S/C/G: SW 275/see ticker/ GW 175

Height: 5'6

Hi Ladies,

Well, let's just say camping was not great for me...the kids and DH are having a fabulous time. We left friday evening and spent the day at the beach saturday, when all of sudden I got the all-over-body aches and chills. Then a fever, then a super sore throat. Luckily father-in-law showed up sat. evening with his car to camp with us for the night, and I high-tailed it home to rest.

I was up every hour last night, my throat just killing me, and aches and so cold, then so hot, then freezing cold. I decided to wait for the walk in clinic this morning and off I went.

So not good. At best I have strep. At worst I have mono or epstein barr. So I take in the swab tomorrow and get some blood work done (closed today).

I feel like YUK. Also, this was SUPPOSED to be the start of a whole new me- you know kids in preschool finally three mornings a week and my whole gym routine. It would be stupid to start now. I'm going to have to wait a bit. Also, I'm sad too --I didn't get to enjoy smores with the kids, my final last bag of M&M's, and camping popcorn. This was supposed to a fun, weekend finale to the end of my crappy eating problems.

Okay, so maybe I'm being sent a message here. That the grand finale of eating isn't supposed to happen. That I can be strong without it. I don't know, any thoughts?

Ginger
kissingginger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 04:11 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Poor Ginger, I am sorry you got sick and missed out on all the fun! As to your question about the grand finale of eating, Lyn had an excellent post about this on her blog a couple of days ago. There is a link to her blog in her signature. I don't think you need a last hurrah. I think you already know what those foods taste like, and I don't think you'll go the rest of your life without eating them again. They will always be there if you want them, but I think eating them with the perspective of a last minute binge just reinforces feeling deprived and the desire to continue eating them. You don't need them, hon! JMO, of course!
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 06:24 PM   #34  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Hi everyone!

Schmoodle--Hope DD feels better! Thanks for the tip...I'll have to check out Sears online!

Ginger--I hope you feel better! I agree w/ Schmoodle and Lyn. You don't need a last hurrah. I know for me, there are certain things I refuse to elimiate ate totally. I don't have them often and I certainly plan them in very controlled portions, but making something I LOVE totally off limits only makes me want it more. I don't know if that would work for you or not, but it is something to think about. Take care of yourself. Maybe this was just a reminder to slow down and take care of you.
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 12:18 PM   #35  

Ladies,

I think you are right, even now, eating is a tough struggle. I wouldn't attempt popcorn if someone paid me money to eat it. That how sore my throat is. I got my bloodwork done, and so I have a few days to wait and see the results and find out what I really have. I hope it's just strep throat. I really do. That means at best I can start working out next week.

I'm not going to do the last hurray for food. I am going to eat what I can now which is limited to liquids and soft foods, and then straight into healthy eating regardless of the fact that I can't exercise. Then as soon as I can, I'm off to the gym.

Cheers,
Ginger
Old 09-08-2008, 03:15 PM   #36  
mj5

Hi everyone! Today flew by!

Ginger--Good for you! How are you feeling? Hopefully better!!!!

Yesterday was op day #6. So far, so good for today. I am going to be late getting out of work, but I AM going to the gym and I AM doing my regular workout. I am down 2lbs this week. My dh called me skinny this am. I almost spit out my cofee....I am far from skinny, but it's nice that he thinks I am!

Hope everyone is doing well today!

Last edited by mj5; 09-08-2008 at 03:20 PM.
Old 09-08-2008, 06:25 PM   #37  
mj5

Wow....really quiet today. Hope everyone is ok.

Accountability time: I got out of work much later than I anticipated. I did go to the gym, but only did the cardio portion of my workout. The good news is, I did not totally blow off the gym altogether and I will NOT use it as an excuse to eat everything in sight tonight. I want my sticker tonight!
Old 09-08-2008, 08:42 PM   #38  

Hey ladies,

I'm still very sick and I'm on day 2 of antibiotics. So far I see no change, so I'm off to my regular GP tomorrow. In fact I think I might be worse. I'm on 4 hours sleep, and while I've been lying in bed/and or in front of the tv on the recliner all day, I'm still sleep deprived. It hurts so much to swallow that I can't sleep. How crazy is that? And I took 2 tylenol 2's with codeine, and that didn't make me sleepy. Even last night I took an old ativan which I thought would make me drowsy, but didn't. I'm desperate and in a LOT of pain.

My lymph nodes are the size of small apples.

DH has made more ice chips with water for me, and now is off to the store for a slurpee and some popsicles. I haven't eaten. I just can't. I've tried and it hurts too much.

Okay off for now...take care ladies.
Ginger
Old 09-09-2008, 05:37 AM   #39  
mj5

Good Morning! My 'fuzzy alarm clock' (one of my dogs) woke us up super early this am!!!

Ginger--Oh no! You sound terrible! I hope your GP can help. Glad to hear dh is taking care of you too. I know you feel really icky, but don't forget to post a weight for the biggest loser--I think the deadline is Sat.

Beverlyjoy, Schmoodle, Lyn, Rhonda--How are you?

Since I am up so early I would have liked to do a WATP dvd this am, but my knee is really sore. An excuse? Maybe. But I don't want to push my luck too much before my ortho appt. on Friday. He's good, but I don't want him to start talking surgery again!!!

Have a great OP day!