Old 08-19-2008, 12:36 AM   #16  
VSG'er 01/08/13

S/C/G: 339.95/220/190

Height: 5'10"

wisher... ROTFLMFAO! *SNORT*

Realistically I noticed that too... And for me mine touch at 160 lbs... Cause I gots the "thunder thighs!" and to be honest... I am ok with that too now.

Goodness I am just a big ole ball of accepting myself this week eh?
Cuter w Curves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 02:41 PM   #17  
IR/PCOS/Pre-Diabetic

S/C/G: 310/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'4"

They limit the size of the model, so it doesn't show realistically. In truth, I don't just have a belly that sticks out, I have one that hangs down.

And even when I lose the fat in that belly fold, it will still be there, hanging (unless I surgically remove it).

Once a month I try really hard to make myself stand naked in front of the bathroom mirror and really SEE myself. Like others have said, I don't "feel" that fat... until I really look. I have trained myself not to see. In fact, the last three weight loss attempts have been because of feet/ankle/knee pain, not because of the number on the scale. I can tell when I creep back up to the 290-310 range because I HURT. That motivates me to get back down to the 280s... and then I no longer hurt so I stop bothering.
synger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 02:44 PM   #18  
Bringin' sexy back!!

S/C/G: 222.6/181.6/155

Height: 5'5

I had to stop when I realized that the bust could only go to medium/large Where is the xx-large
crazy4weightloss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 02:47 PM   #19  
Caroline

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by synger View Post
They limit the size of the model, so it doesn't show realistically. In truth, I don't just have a belly that sticks out, I have one that hangs down.

And even when I lose the fat in that belly fold, it will still be there, hanging (unless I surgically remove it).
That's always been my complaint about the Virtual Model. If I was that smooth at 245 pounds (well, 236 -- it doesn't go up to 245 for my height), I wouldn't hate what I look like quite so much.
thistoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 02:48 PM   #20  
Miffed Kitty

S/C/G: 273/273/150

Height: 68 inches

Thank you for posting this. It's a real eye opener.
kedmo304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 02:51 PM   #21  
Burning it away

Height: 5'2

It's great fun, but what kind of overweight person looks so smooth? Its just a sugar coating overweight people to encourage them to buy those particular brands...
Spoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 03:00 PM   #22  

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxgirl737 View Post
EH... I could see what I look like, and it looks pretty close...BUT, I wanted to see what I'd look like larger and smaller...it only lets you go to certain bmi's...
Yeah, according to mine, I wouldn't look any different at 100 lbs than I do now And, according to this, I'm not going to look any different at 135 than I do at 155. I find it a little hard to believe that, at this close to goal, 20 lbs isn't going to be noticable.
yoyonomoreinvegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 04:13 PM   #23  
Maintaining ~6 years!

S/C/G: 263/Maintaining/150

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisher View Post
mine looked pretty accurate....but one thing bugged me, when I put in my highest weight (250) that model's thighs still didn't touch together!
Yeah, I've noticed that on websites like this one before... Although the virtual models are a decent representation of what you might look like at a certain weight, they always have "model" (or plus-sized model) figures - very well-proportioned/carry the weight well, etc - and they basically look good no matter what weight you put in. The only semi-"unsightly" thing you can see is a bit of a double-chin... The tummy looks flat, there are no rolls to be seen; it basically looks like a skinny person who's been inflated. It's kind of annoying to me because obviously not everyone has a model's figure... I know I certainly don't! Still, this website is pretty cool to see progress on the model if you're not seeing it on yourself. I.e. like many of the above I have seen basically NO difference in my body, though I know that I weigh less and my clothes are getting looser. So it's interesting to see the subtle changes in the model if I change the weight from my SW to CW.
Star2Be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 01:14 AM   #24  
VSG'er 01/08/13

S/C/G: 339.95/220/190

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy4weightloss View Post
I had to stop when I realized that the bust could only go to medium/large Where is the xx-large
Meh! I just double up my visual perception there!
Cuter w Curves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 02:12 AM   #25  
Choosing with every bite.

S/C/G: 212.5/182/155

Height: 5' 7"

And it's odd that the only way to get the model to have a thick waist is to pick the body shape with broad shoulders and narrower hips. I have narrow shoulders but that option looks more like me than any of the other ones. Go figure. It does help in visualizing myself at different weights.
WebRover is offline   Reply With Quote