Old 08-11-2008, 06:06 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 256/240/140

Height: 5'2"

Unhappy Frustrated

Hi everyone...

I have lost 10lbs in two months. Yup, great news, but I dont understand why I am losing so little weight. I workout about 1-1.5 hrs 6x/wk. I do walk on the treadmill, do the stationary bike, plus my strength training stuff. Everytime I look at the scale, I swear that thing is going up and not down. Sooo....I tracked my food and stuff and I never get over 2000 calories. I'm at about 246 right now and the sparkpeople webpage says i should eat between 2-2500 calories a day! I dont think thats right. Usually I average about 1600-1800. I'm at my wits end! I wont stop working out, I actually enjoy it... But the not losing weight is really working my nerves. Do anyone of you have any suggestions/comments? I think I need a hug.....
PenChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 06:43 PM   #2  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

But you -are- losing weight, and at a healthy, sustainable rate.

1-2 lbs a week is considered to be a healthy, sustainable rate of loss. So you're right in the window there. Unfortunately, weight doesn't always come off quickly, though it does come off slowly but surely if you work your program.

As for all calorie calculators and what they say about the amount of calories you need to consume...I've never had one be accurate in any way. My own trial and error was needed to determine my calorie levels. Calculators always WAY overestimate what I need.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 06:55 PM   #3  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

to you! I can relate to wanting the weight to melt off faster! I think you are doing great! Just hang in there and don't give up. What's the alternative? KWIM? Seriously, you're doing super, so I'm going to give you another hug, whether you like it or not!

luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 07:48 PM   #4  
The Radiant One

S/C/G: 250/142/135

You are doing just fine. 5 pounds in a month is a little over a pound a week. While that may seem really slow to you, it is a normal average weight loss. Not like those huge amounts you hear people losing on fad diets, or the big amount that some people lose right when they first start.

I wouldn't be eating less than 1800 at your current weight. You could also look at what your macros are in your daily intake. How much carb/fat/protein are you getting in? Changing those up can change weight loss patterns.
fiberlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 08:27 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 260/248/150

Height: 5'2 1/2"

Everyones body is different if you keep working out you may find that you drop weight all of the sudden. I know that my body fluxuates I will have a week with a big loss --2 weeks with little and one week I will stay the same for the mostpart in a given month.

Try tracking your weight to see the way your body is responding
jennisue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 08:28 PM   #6  
Giving no Ground

S/C/G: 245/217/135

Height: 5'5"

You are doing a wonderful job!

I have to agree with what others have said above that you are losing a healthy amount of weight for the two months you have been working.
Skullarix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 07:50 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 254/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Here's another hug! One thing you might do is look at how you are distributing those calories. Adding calcium in the form of Greek yogurt really helped me. There's some literature on why calcium helps, maybe someone else can direct you to it, I just know that it does work.
Pandora123a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 11:10 AM   #8  
Tammy73

S/C/G: 254/215/145

Height: 5'6"

I agree with what everyone has said. You are losing at a healthy rate.
Sometimes we just need to keep in mind that our bodies need time to get revved up again. Most of us have slowed our metabolism to a crawl and we
ate complete junk. Now that we're eating well and exercising it often just
takes time for our metabolism to get the boost it needs.
You are doing fantastic. Keep it up! Huge hugs to you!!!
Tammy73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 11:29 AM   #9  
Caroline

Height: 5'0"

5 pounds a month is great for me; 3-4 is standard. Some people do lose faster, but some of us just don't. Is it fair? Not really. But that's just the way it is, and finding a way to enjoy the process will make it a lot easier to accept your own personal rate of loss.
thistoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 04:21 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 256/240/140

thanks everyone. I measured myself this morning and i am losing "space" as I call it, but no weight change. That gave me a little boost this morning.

Fiberlover: how do i find out how many carbs/fat/protein I should be eating?
PenChick is offline   Reply With Quote