Old 08-01-2008, 10:25 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 269/255/200

Height: 5/6

Default Playing around it's over

I start last Oct I lost 10 gained 10 :But I am now ready to get on track I started going to the y and I feel better but my food plan was a mess so I am now writing down my daily plan and I THINK THIS WILL WORK .I did start with a personal trainer and I see no weight loss I 'm gonna give him up and just do cardio for 30 mins a day the treadmill at 3.6 and maybe the stair stepper for 15 min's I need to see results weekly or I give up. at least a 1/2 lb I'm 57 and I DON'T GOT A CLUE LOTS OF PEOPLE AT THE GYM TRYING TO HELP ME BUT TO MANY DIFFERENT THINGS .TKS IN ADVANCE

Last edited by BAILYBOO; 08-01-2008 at 10:26 AM.
BAILYBOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 01:06 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 286/ticker/180

Height: 5'6

I usually walk on the treadmill at the Y, but I've got some major A.D.D so I can't do it long without getting bored! The bike is also pretty good for results, I started seeing results in the shaping of my leg. It's easy to get discouraged when you don't see results immediately! I know that I've gave up several times because I wasn't seeing the results right away. Sometimes you will not see results, even though they are there. Keep it up and you will see results!
xMeaganx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 01:24 PM   #3  
Simply Filling Technique

Lightbulb Changing too much at the same time

It sounds to me that you are trying to change too much in your life at one time. Borrowing from Bob Green who is on Oprah a lot: start with one change per week then add another and another, so on. He recommends starting exercising first before counting calories. I am not sure if you have been cleared to throw yourself into a lot of exercising but I would still take it gradual since injuring yourself (I have done it more than I care to admit) will set up back, which can be discouraging to a newcomer; not to athletes since they know that comes with the territory.

Your plan might look something like this:
1) week one- show up at the gym, try out some things that others suggest, if something clicks for you,make a mental note and repeat it as often as you can. Take it easy though.
2) week two- write down what you eat for the first week. Do not attempt to restrict your food intake at this point. You just want to establish the habit of accountability. Continue to exercising. Make a real point of doing that.
3) week three-now that you have a regular exercise routine established, begin to count calories, follow a specific food plan or post here for additional suggestions.

It has been said that it takes 3 weeks to break old habits and 30 days to establish a new one. If you keep this in mind, within a few months, you will whistling while you're walking and giving us advice. God bless, keep up the good work

Last edited by pamatga; 08-01-2008 at 01:24 PM.
pamatga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 01:36 PM   #4  
The Radiant One

S/C/G: 250/142/135

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAILYBOO View Post
I need to see results weekly or I give up. at least a 1/2 lb
I might suggest that you toss this thought out the window

Progress can be seen in so many other ways than just on the scale. There will be weeks where you don't lose an ounce, and that is a normal part of the weight loss process. It doesn't mean you aren't going anywhere.

Take your measurements, as those can change even when the scale moves slow. And for me, the measurements change the most when the scale *doesn't* move. Also - just monitor your fitness level. Think about how you improve what you do over time.
fiberlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 12:37 AM   #5  

Popping in to give ya a welcome!

G'luck to you on your weight loss.
SunshineCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 04:55 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 269/255/200

Height: 5/6

Thank you everyone
BAILYBOO is offline   Reply With Quote