Support garments??

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • I got this new dress in the mail (size 16!!!!!!!) and it fits!! But when I put it on, I look kinda lumpy. I am wondering if there is something I can wear to give me more of a smooth line in the belly/hips/butt area. Suggestions please? I am clueless about this stuff. And comfort is important!
  • Go back to the mall and go to the lingerie department and try on various things. There are a lot of good options for support/smoothing. You can usually ask for help as well.
  • there are a lot of generic type spanx undergarments out there too. I think each store has it's own brand - might be what you're looking for? nelie's right.. just head to the lingerie dept
  • Most department stores carry a few brands of control garments. I think you're looking for some kind of long-leg panty. Shouldn't be hard to find. I bet you'll look great!
  • When I need something Immediately I buy Body Beautiful by Leggs at the Drug Store. It goes from below my bra and smooths down over your thighs about halfway down your upper leg.
  • I <3 spanx!
  • I heart spanx too!
  • HI --

I love Spanxs they come in all sizes and levels of control for each area --they are approx 20.00 at Lane Bryant (at least in my area) - I used them at my husbands Christmas party and it made a difference. I still have mine and wear them under pants sometimes.

Jen
  • I don't know much about support garmets, I just wanted to say congratulations on the size 16 and hoorah on the dress!
  • I'm a Spanx girl too!! They're very comfortable.
  • I've done Body Wrap (worked well for me before but it is a medium support kind of thing)...

You actually beat me to the thread! *grin*

As a 16 you should be able to try some of the generic brands - I had a lot of luck with them when I was that size and I glance longingly toward them now...

I am actually trying to get my hands on one of two items - one being Spanx's Slim Cognito (can you imagine that they won't ship to Canada?! and of course the XL everyone has won't cut it!), or Squeem's full body one (but I think it goes too high in the back).
  • Gotta love the spanx!

I have a couple (different colors) that go from under the bra line to the top of the knee. Very slimming and supportive....but most importantly, they are comfortable! And they don't cause bulges at the knee where it cuts off.
    I can't remember the name of the style but you could go to the spanx website and find the name.

Congrats on the size 16! I read your blog and find it really inspiring. Some of the things you type....I think to myself....holy cow....someone else feels exactly the same way!
  • Oh and before I forget...

www.loveassets.com - These are the ones for Target and they are made/designed by the same woman.
  • SPANX!!!

Depending on where you get them, they can be a little expensive though. Target has a bunch of one piece body suits and different kinds of "sucker-inners" as I call them. Take a few into the dressing room and try them on, that way you'll know what's comfortable and fits what you're looking for.

Congrats on the dress!!
  • Quote:
    I am actually trying to get my hands on one of two items - one being Spanx's Slim Cognito (can you imagine that they won't ship to Canada?! and of
    When I bought spanx.. I got mine from theshoppingnetwork... no problems there. Maybe they're the cdn distributor?