If you are dehydrated?

• this may be a very silly question, but if you are dehydrated, will you usually weigh more or less?
  • You can weigh more...when you are dehydrated, usually the body retains water, b/c it is not getting enough. Drink lots of water and your body will flush out the extra!
  • Quote: You can weigh more...when you are dehydrated, usually the body retains water, b/c it is not getting enough. Drink lots of water and your body will flush out the extra!
    thanks. i was just wondering bc I was at a amusment park for two days, and I didn't eat badly, but came home today ( after walking around in 100 degree heat with not much to drink ) weighting 4 lbs more. It just didn't make much sense to me. I know ppl can gain just by drinking fluids and eating anything, but.....yeah, I was just curious as to if I didn't eat and drink much.
  • I spent last weekend walking around in 100 degree heat at a music festival and topped it off with a beer and a 20 mile bike ride. With all the exercise and sweating, I thought FOR SURE I would have dropped something, but I ended up being 3 pounds up for a few days. My legs were very tired and they "felt" swollen, so I'm sure it was retention, not to mention the dehydration.