3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   "Nothing tastes as good... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/146727-nothing-tastes-good.html)

knitsforfive 07-18-2008 10:12 PM

"Nothing tastes as good...

...as being thin feels!"

Honestly, I have had my doubts about this little tidbit of wisdom -- mostly while dreaming of or indulging in a little Ben and Jerry's. Seriously, I would think, being thin could not taste better than this Phish Food.

I am here to apologize for even thinking that!

Today, not yet close to my goal (but MUCH closer), on the advice of my 4 year old -- who asked me, "Mamma...why don't you wear dresses like other grown-ups?" -- I went dress shopping. I have not worn a dress in a long time. Why? Because I looked like a walking tent in them.

Today, not only did I buy 3 dresses, but I bought them at non-plus sized clothing stores -- all in size XL -- and they don't look at all tent-like.

I COULD NOT STOP SMILING!!!!! I still cannot stop smiling. I came right home and put one on to wear while folding laundry.

Still smiling now as I eat my low-fat yogurt with strawberries INSTEAD of Ben and Jerry's.

If you haven't gotten to the point of believing it yet, BELIEVE IT! This former skeptic shouts from the rooftops: NOTHING TASTES AS GOD AS BEING THIN FEELS! (And I still have a ways to go to goal so it is even true in the middle of the process).

Thanks for all the inspiration this place offers!

JulieJ08 07-18-2008 10:27 PM

A couple mornings a week for breakfast I have 2% Greek yogurt with blueberries, 1/2 a banana, and granola. No sugar or sweetener added. Every time, I think, wow, this is no compromise, this is soooo good. I would crave it if it got declared bad for me. Phish Food, Shmish Food ;)

luckymommy 07-18-2008 10:29 PM

Congrats on those dresses and thanks for the reminder! I feel that way too and I didn't used to. Phish Food was also a fun escape for me, but I couldn't escape how horrible I felt after finishing an entire container and then hiding it under other things in the trash. That's no way to live! Now, I also love Fage 0% greek style yogurt w/ 1 splenda and some strawberries...a little taste of heaven!

PhotoChick 07-18-2008 10:54 PM

Quote:

Today, not only did I buy 3 dresses, but I bought them at non-plus sized clothing stores -- all in size XL -- and they don't look at all tent-like.

I COULD NOT STOP SMILING!!!!!
Whoo hoooo!!!!!

Prior to this year I hadn't worn a dress or skirts for probably 8 or 9 years. This spring I bought my first set of dresses and skirts and now I find myself wearing them all the time. Today I put on a cute little orange flowered skirt and a brown tshirt .. w/out even thinking about it. It's my default "casual friday" outfit now.

So I know EXACTLY how you feel. It's awesome, isn't it???

JulieJ08 07-18-2008 10:56 PM

Photo, sounds adorable.

Ookpik 07-18-2008 11:49 PM

I can relate! I went from wearing size 3x-4x to shopping in regular sizes (L-XL) and I love trying on a new, smaller pair of jeans and finding they fit! I am not at my goal yet either -- for my Facebook profile, I wrote "I am a work in progress" in the "About Me" section -- and I changed the quote a bit: "Nothing tastes as good as getting thin feels!"

knitsforfive 07-19-2008 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ookpik (Post 2276460)
for my Facebook profile, I wrote "I am a work in progress" in the "About Me" section -- and I changed the quote a bit: "Nothing tastes as good as getting thin feels!"

That is awesome! I love it. Thanks!

PenChick 07-19-2008 12:57 AM

just reading your post encourages me to keep on going. I still have skirts and dresses from high school that i used to wear with no prob, and you have inspired the dress again. I cant wait to be able to wear a dress and not feel the tent feeling. Thanks. And keep SMILING!

albertagirl11 07-19-2008 01:00 AM

Congratulations! I can't wait to buy dresses. I love SOO many dresses @ VictoriaSecret's website, but of course right now, I'd never fit them... Even the size L - XL I wouldn't fit. I hate wearing dresses, but when I lose more weight, I'm sure that'll change!

I'm so happy for you.

H8cake 07-19-2008 03:26 AM

Congratulations! I really doubted that saying too, until I could fit into a size 16 skirt the last time I went shopping. I thought the very same thing, nothing tastes as good as it feels to fit into this skirt!

nelie 07-19-2008 06:46 AM

Congratulations :)

When I lost weight and was in the upper 200s, I had bought myself quite a few skirts and I enjoyed wearing them but then I lost weight and didn't replace them. A few months back, I bought a couple dresses but only wore one once. I wore one the other day and it felt nice.

midwife 07-19-2008 09:45 AM

Congratulations!!! What a wonderful experience!