Old 07-10-2008, 01:53 PM   #1  
Taking life by the horns

S/C/G: 302/ticker/215

Height: 6'1"

Default Okay... I think I'm getting back in the groove again...

It definitely is a matter of finding NEW and different food to eat... ANYONE would quit when you start to hate what you're doing!!!

I feel better... I'm feeling more confident that I CAN keep doing this after almost an entire MONTH of binging. I'm embarrased at the amount of money I spent on JUNK, the amount of calories I carelessly through away, the amount of weight I put on (almost 10 pounds more than where I had gotten to), and worst of all, the TIME I wasted!!!

I'm a whole month behind... weight-wise and time-wise.

And it's time to get back on track, shake it off, and forgive my past behavior and move on. I'm feeling good since I've re-started on Tuesday... I hope to get under 260 on my next weigh in, and I was 261.5 this morning. So maybe I didn't destroy EVERYTHING like I thought I had.

I just feel so much BETTER when I'm in control. Why did I let that happen?
BrandNewJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 02:25 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 180/ticker/129 or so =)

Height: 5'6.5"

Welcome back!

I went off track earlier this year and it took five weeks (and several pounds) for me to get back on. I hope that I have internalized the right lesson this time.

Before, I thought the lesson was: "Don't go off track."

Now I realize the lesson is, "Don't beat yourself up but do get right back on track when you do go off track." At least, I think that's the right lesson for me. I will consider it a major victory if I can get back on track the next day!

Last edited by yoyoma; 07-10-2008 at 02:26 PM.
yoyoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 03:33 PM   #3  
The Radiant One

S/C/G: 250/142/135

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoyoma View Post

Before, I thought the lesson was: "Don't go off track."

Now I realize the lesson is, "Don't beat yourself up but do get right back on track when you do go off track." At least, I think that's the right lesson for me. I will consider it a major victory if I can get back on track the next day!
I think this is a very good sum up of the issue. We are all going to fall off the path at some point. No one is perfect. The key is to recognize that you are going astray and nip it in the bud. That is what we need to practice.

Some affirmations each day about how having setbacks is not the end of the world might be a good thing.

Jen - congrats on getting back on track!
fiberlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 05:41 PM   #4  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandNewJen View Post

I just feel so much BETTER when I'm in control. Why did I let that happen?
If that isn't the million dollar question, I don't know what is. Really. It's like some alien being takes over. So yeah, I know EXACTLY what you mean. It's such a RELIEF when I get back into that groove. It feels so much better then overeating.

Anyway, I'm sooo glad you've gotten that groove back. May it stay with you for a long time to come. And I must tell you, there will be times when it may go astray again, so here's to hoping that if and when you do veer off path, off of that groove, that you find it just as quickly as you did this time. GREAT GOING!!!!
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 08:24 PM   #5  
Ironman in Training

S/C/G: 302/205/150

Height: 5'5

Jen - We have the same staring weights!

Take it from me a month is nothing. I took "off" all last December I did gain a few back but as long as you catch yourself soon like you have its fairly easy to get back on track. The first few days are always the hardest. I was able to lose the few I gained over the holiday and keep on tracking in January.

Its not always easy were not always going to be perfect but the key is to just keep going.
Idealmuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 10:41 AM   #6  
Taking life by the horns

S/C/G: 302/ticker/215

Height: 6'1"

Thanks all--- that definitely is a big thing to learn for me--- just b/c I messed up and had two donuts for breakfast doesn't mean that I can have a pizza for dinner that night b/c "the day is already screwed up". Two donuts is 600 calories... that MIGHT be able to fit in if I behave the rest of the day... the pizza added in? No way.

And I can't let "I screwed up yesterday, so I'll just start the diet again when I weigh in 2 days from now" b/c then that turns into "next week" and god knows how many more!
BrandNewJen is offline   Reply With Quote