3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Pictures of myself (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/145389-pictures-myself.html)

wendymeows 07-02-2008 03:44 PM

Pictures of myself

Since I have been overweight, I hate to see myself in pictures. I hardly ever let myself be photographed which is terrible because I have very few pictures of myself with my kids. I just look like a big fat red blob in them. Well..last week I went to the beach for a few days and my dad took a picture of me and the kids together and he brought me a copy yesterday. Holy Cow!! I almost look normal! *lol* I know you all know what I mean. :D I have actually posted the pic on my fridge to remind me that I am actually making progress. These are the kind of pictures I want to see me in and ones that I want my kids to remember our times by. I could just kick myself for all the time lost being fat and sneaking out of pictures. :?:

Glory87 07-02-2008 03:49 PM

Oh yes, I know this feeling exactly. I have been extremely camera shy all my life, but I went for about 10 years actively avoiding the camera. It was REALLY hard to find a "before" shot of my weight loss - and it's tragic. Fun times with friends, family...trips, I have no photographic records of happy times.

About halfway through my weight loss, I went to a conference and I was in LOTS of pictures. I weighed about 165 (down to a size 16 or so) and I was absolutely entranced. My cheekbones were visible, I had a nice smile, I couldn't STOP staring at the pictures, I looked okay, I looked normal, it was a miracle.

Now, at goal weight, I'm a camera hog, I pretty much like all pictures of me now!

tropigal 07-02-2008 03:58 PM

I know EXACTLY what you mean. I have been camera phobic for years. The only picture I can find for a "before" is one of me that was in the local newspaper that DH saved. I acutally had him take a photo of me yesterday so I could see the change. Yes, me in front of the camera! It's amazing the difference 90 pounds makes when you look at them side by side.

librarygirl12 07-02-2008 08:01 PM

I know what you mean too. I recently saw a pic of myself before I started WW and I was like holy crap! I still don't like to take my picture, but at least now that I've lost a little weight, I'm a little bit more comfortable in my own skin (as long as they don't take pics from the side!!).

wendymeows 07-03-2008 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by librarygirl12 (Post 2252674)
I know what you mean too. I recently saw a pic of myself before I started WW and I was like holy crap! I still don't like to take my picture, but at least now that I've lost a little weight, I'm a little bit more comfortable in my own skin (as long as they don't take pics from the side!!).

I know what you mean about those side pictures! *lol* I came across one of those from the beach last year and I really looked like I was 9 months pg with twins!! It's an awful picture but I will keep it to remember how I don't want to go backwards.:dizzy: