Old 07-04-2008, 04:44 AM   #16  
Choosing with every bite.

S/C/G: 212.5/182/155

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandNewJen View Post
and my problem is that I eat the same old, low calorie boring stuff during the work day and save a ton of calories for dinner... I need to learn to be willing to eat a little more and different stuff during the DAY and take a few calories away from my big dinners at night.

I just hate soggy sandwiches for lunch... I love them freshly made, but not after they've been sitting in the fridge for hours... and I hate salads... same with yogurt...
If you like sandwiches, but not soggy ones, pack your bread separately from the filling(s). Then you can assemble it when you're ready to eat. You can keep the cold things cold and the room temp things (like the bread) room temp.

I like to have more snacks and choices on hand at work than I plan to eat. That way I have choices. If I don't feel like eating pepper strips, I have cherry tomatoes and low fat cheese and whole grain crackers or a fruit to chose from.

Also, I'm not a big sandwich person. I like to pack up dinner leftovers for lunch while I'm cleaning up from dinner.

Oatmeal - If you have a microwave at work, you can make the real thing fresh. 1/2 cup oatmeal (Old-fashioned), 1 cup water in a LARGE bowl. Microwave for 2 to 2 1/2 minutes. Let sit for a couple of minutes. It's ready to eat. (I don't add salt and I'm getting used to stirring in few raspberries and letting the heat soften them. Then I stir them through the oatmeal to sweeten it a little. I throw in a handful of blueberries as well.)
WebRover is offline   Reply With Quote