Starting again.....again

• Hi. I've been here before, but it's been a while. I "tried" to come back a few months ago, but for whatever reason it didn't "stick" and I slacked off again. But now I am back...again. And ready to start over....again. I do see some familar names/faces, but I am not sure if anyone remembers me. I'm Christy. I'm 31, from OK. Around this time last year, I started posting here. I was counting calories, and using WATP and lost 21 lbs in about 2 months. I was sooooo excited! I had found something that worked for me, and as long as I could fit things into my calorie plan, I could have it, so I didn't feel deprived. In fact, there were some days it was almost a struggle for me to get in all the calories for that day. The WATP helped me to not be self conscious about exercising, because it was in my own home, no one to point or stare. Like I said, I was on a roll and loved it. Then, I got bronchitis. Just sitting still would send me into coughing fits....forget about doing any exercise! It took me more than a month to get well, and in that month, I fell off the calorie counting wagon as well as the exercise wagon. I can't tell you why I didn't get back up and start again after I was well. I just didn't do it. And now, over time those 21 lbs I lost have almost all come back to find me. I've been unhappy with it for a while now, but for whatever reason, wasn't unhappy enough to actually hold myself accountable for it. But now I'm to a point where I am done feeling so unhappy with myself. Time to get going again. I am probably picking the worst possible time to start again. Not that there is ever a bad time to start trying to get healthier, but I know I will have BIG roadblocks in my way. My hubby is a member of the OK National Guard, and he will be leaving next month for deployment training and then by sometime in October he will be in Iraq or Kuwait. In some ways, his being gone will make it a little easier on me. I can throw out the stuff that he can eat that I can't. I won't need to worry about whether my eating plan is something he likes. But I know the sheer nature of what he's doing will make me worry and stress. Like a lot of women, I tend to turn to food when I am stressed. I also know there will be at least a couple of "come home safely" receptions/dinners for him between now and then that I will have to deal with. But his being gone is also going to be a motivation to me. First of all, hubby has a little bit of a spare tire right now. I know the work he will doing coupled with the great gyms that he will have access to will have him coming back in so much better shape. I don't want to be the "fat wife of a hot, cut soldier" when he comes home. (Vanity? Yes, I admit it.) But the big reason I want to do this while he is gone is so that we can hopefully have a baby once he comes home. We've been trying for the last 6 months, but so far no luck. I can't help but wonder if my being so out of shape isn't at least partly to blame. I also want for him to be able to come home, be dismissed from formation and be able to pick me up in one of those sweep you off your feet hugs. So, that's my story. I know what works for me and I'm going to go back to it. But I know I need support. So y'all please, help keep me on track and motivated. Thanks!

• Welcome back!
  • I can understand how stressful it is having your husband leave. Mine has been gone on and off since March for pre-deployment training, then he leaves at the end of August for Afghanistan. It is stressful. I've been dealing with a horrible roommate, and getting ready to move back home while my husband deploys, ontop of work and bills and the regular stressors of life... it's alot to deal with.

Start slow, if you have to. Work on making one meal at a time healthier. I find if I plan on having a nice healthy dinner... I don't want to gourge myself on an unhealthy breakfast and lunch. It's so important to make eating plans. So that you KNOW what you're going to eat and you're not stuck in the kitchen thursday night with no idea what to cook so you just order a pizza instead.

You know what you have to do, you've done it before. You CAN do this. We're all here to support you. :]
  • I DO remember you! Hi and WELCOME BACK!

Like you said, there's never, ever a bad time to get healthy. Right NOW is thee perfect time, in fact! You've lost weight before and you can certainly do it again. Best of luck to you.
  • Hi! Welcome back! It is always a good time to start over. I do it several times a month, lol! You can do it, and if you have a bad day or a few bad days, come right back and keep trying. Eventually you WILL reach your goals.
  • I remember you, too. I didn't have the same experience exactly, but similar. I got sick, too, and it took me off track... way off track. I've been struggling to get back to doing the right thing ALL THE TIME! I can't imagine why it has to be so hard!

But, I'm here for you! Many of us understand and relate. You can do this!