just found this forum

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Hi. My name is Kellee. I stumbled across this board while looking for weight loss support message boards on the internet. This seems like a very supportive, friendly place. I started my weightloss journey two weeks ago. I am 5foot2 and at the time I weighed 225. I am now at 210. I am excersizing daily and counting calories and fat intake. I am also limiting sugar. My goal weight is 125 but it has been probably 18 years since I last saw that weight. I am 32. I would love to have support from you guys and be a support to you.
  • Hi Kellee (love the spelling of your name) You're going to LOVE it here!
  • I am SO glad you've found us, as this IS a fabulous place for support, information and encouragement.

Your plan sounds super! You're off to a GREAT start. Just keep on going. Stick with it. There are PHENOMENAL benefits and rewards just ahead.
  • Thanks! I have been reading and you guys seem like such a great group. I am very excited to be a part of it!
  • Thanks. I will definately need your support! I am really hoping to be able to stick to my plan. I know where my struggle will be. I am an immediate gradificaion type person and really want to see constant results. These last two weeks, I have been weighing myself every day and seeing a loss. I know that will slow down soon and I am afraid of getting discouraged. I need to just pick a day to weigh once a week but to be honest, I have become obsessed with my scale! Kellee
  • Hi Kellee! Pick a day to weigh quick, so you don't get discouraged by one bloated weigh-in! This is a long term battle, but every day that you make good food choices is a win, regardless of what the scale might say. Good luck!
  • Quote: Thanks. I will definately need your support! I am really hoping to be able to stick to my plan. I know where my struggle will be. I am an immediate gradificaion type person and really want to see constant results. These last two weeks, I have been weighing myself every day and seeing a loss. I know that will slow down soon and I am afraid of getting discouraged. I need to just pick a day to weigh once a week but to be honest, I have become obsessed with my scale! Kellee
    You MUST stick with your plan. That is the ONLY way that this weight loss thing will "work". Though of course ones plan is always up for a bit of tweaking here and there as needed. And I will tell you, it gets much easier to do so. The further you get from eating those "off" foods, the less you want them! It's the good healthy stuff that you will actually be looking forward to! Your old habits will be just that - OLD. You will create new habits, a new "normal".

As far as the immediate gratification, well, I don't have to tell you this, but weight loss is not one of those things. BUT, STICK with your plan and there is GREAT, GREAT gratification, massive quantities of it, to be had. Beyond belief rewards.

When I was losing, I weighed myself every day, but that's me. But I only counted it, or recorded it on Mondays. There were fluctuations from day to day, but by Monday, IF I stuck with my plan, it was all worked out. You'll get to know yourself and know that one good day of eating (or even 2 or 3 days) will not necessarily show up on the scale the very next day. You'll know that the scale CAN and does bounce around a lb or 2 here and there. Which is perfectly normal. You've got to find the right balance for yourself. Give it time.

You are embarking on the most satisfying, EXCITING, worthwhile journey you can imagine. I had a blast losing. A blast.

Best of luck to you. You're going to do this. There's absolutely nothing stopping you from being the very best YOU that you can possibly be. And that's what it's all about.
  • Hi Kellee - I am the same height as you! Let's hear it for the shorties!!

Good luck, and you have found the best board!
  • Quote: Hi Kellee - I am the same height as you! Let's hear it for the shorties!!
    No fair. You guys are giants compared to me.
  • Quote: No fair. You guys are giants compared to me.
    First time I have ever been called that!!
  • Hi Kellee! You have gotten some great advice here. Just keep trying until you find what works for you. Some people weigh every day, some once a week or a month. Everyone has something different that motivates them. I weigh daily and plot it on a graph, so the ups and downs don't btoher me anymore.

You can do it
  • Thank you so much for the wonderful welcome and advice. I am so glad I found you guys! I think I am going to try weighing once a week and graphing it so I can see it. I am not sure I will be able to stay away from the scale that long, but at least I will see the weekly progress. I am really excited about everything today! I am even craving veggies like crazy. I normally will eat them and pretend they are good for the kids sake , but they are really tasting great lately. I think I am changing this time.!

I hope everyone has a wonderful day today! Kellee
  • Hey, that is the first time I have been called a giant too! Other than my children, I am the shortest person I know, and I love it! Kellee
  • Welcome to the board from another shortie. Stick around and post often. The ladies here are fantastic. Good luck.
  • your going to love it here!! Post often!