Old 06-28-2008, 04:41 PM   #1  
3.14.10 Bride to Be

S/C/G: 316.4/311.6/200

Height: 5'7"

Thumbs up Previous Weights... Cant remember!

So I was sitting at my desk at work yesterday and I had a thought... I really can not remember what I used to weigh through out the years. I know I gained around when I was 17 or so because thats when I started dating my fiance, but I don't know how MUCH I gained. Around age 12 I was wearing 1x pants, size 16 Lee Dungarees (the only jeans I could find that I liked, haha) and I was basically content at that weight... and I know I gained from there to the size 26 I started at the begining of the year (I can wear 20's now NO PROBLEM and I've only lost 25 pounds or so!) but anyway, on to the point... I decided the way I can find out is to call my doctor! I went a few times to the doctor through out the years, so they should have some kind of record as to what my weight has been. They were getting ready to close, so they're going to call me back on Monday with the information. I'm so excited to see what my weights were!

So, I've lost 25 pounds in the last 6 months. I have done it with calorie restrictions and minimal exercize (and like... buffet/pig out night once a week). I'm hoping that over the next 6 months, if I kick my butt into gear, I might be able to lose another 50 (AT LEAST) and hopefully another 75+. My fiance lost about 33 in the last 11 weeks, so thats about 3 pounds a week, and he's been doing even worse than I have when it comes to food!

So, here's to a half a year gone, seeing less of me in the future, and the next 6 months! It is only time, the time will pass, and hopefully the weight will too!
Naytally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 05:01 PM   #2  
The Radiant One

S/C/G: 250/142/135

Height: 5'2"

Good luck and congrats on your progress so far!
Time does pass, and quickly, too! Better that it pass while you continue the healthy changes you are making than how you lived before!
fiberlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 06:04 PM   #3  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

Way to go! It sounds like you must have loads of muscle mass. That is a good thing. The standard BMI is probably not totally accurate in your case. I can't begin to wear a size 20...YET! 22's are still pretty snug in most brands for me .
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 06:48 PM   #4  
3.14.10 Bride to Be

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori Bell View Post
Way to go! It sounds like you must have loads of muscle mass. That is a good thing. The standard BMI is probably not totally accurate in your case. I can't begin to wear a size 20...YET! 22's are still pretty snug in most brands for me .
Yeah, during the last weight loss challenge we were in I went from being 296 to 281 (it just ended) and I lost 18 inches total (measuring arm, bust, waist, hips, and thigh) and I lost 4.75 of those inches in my hips! I converted a lot of fat to muscle, so I know my micronutrient planning is accurate
Old 06-28-2008, 09:15 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 167/148.2/144

Height: 5'8"

I can relate. You know, it's an awfully frustrating thing to not be able to remember things about your own body. I've found I'm absolutely awful at paying attention to what my body is doing. For example, this may seem stupid, but I've never been able to pinpoint a bloated feeling. I always just assume I've gained weight, can't tell the difference between that and a temporary change. Just seems very odd how our brains and our bodies went through these experiences together, but our brain doesn't necessarily remember our bodies at any given point in time.
Silverstar33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 09:57 PM   #6  
3.14.10 Bride to Be

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverstar33 View Post
I can relate. You know, it's an awfully frustrating thing to not be able to remember things about your own body. I've found I'm absolutely awful at paying attention to what my body is doing. For example, this may seem stupid, but I've never been able to pinpoint a bloated feeling. I always just assume I've gained weight, can't tell the difference between that and a temporary change. Just seems very odd how our brains and our bodies went through these experiences together, but our brain doesn't necessarily remember our bodies at any given point in time.
Yeah I know what you mean about the bloating thing. I never attributed the big puffy feeling and gas to be related to eachother, and thus when the scale always said 4 pounds more I didn't ever realize it had to do with the TOM. Somehow my brain does not asociate with my body a lot, and thus does not put things together

I never really weighed myself, and all I can remember about being weighed growing up was being 145 when I was about 11 and being the same weight and wearing the same clothes as my mom. God I'd KILL to be 145 right now
Old 06-29-2008, 08:45 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Congrats on your wonderful progress!

Interestingly...I can remember what I weighed for most major things that happened in my life. It always has just stuck in my head...hmmmm.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote