Old 06-25-2008, 10:20 AM   #16  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Good morning, Friends!

Yesterday was a great on-plan day #2. Stayed at 1500 calories and did another 3.9 mile walk. My energy level wasn't as great yesterday, so the walk was more of a struggle. I'm proud of myself for pushing through. Today is another headachey day. I'll have to check the pollen counts. Maybe, I'm encountering a blooming something that's hurting my sinuses. This doesn't feel like the typical sugar withdrawal headache.

Beverly - I hope your tummy settles down quickly for you.
Math - Glad to hear that you're back on plan, too!
Schmoodle - So glad to hear from you. I was thinking of you yesterday. Hope you find a few minutes in your day for some quiet time.

Have a great on-plan day!
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 04:08 PM   #17  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Hi everyone! I am super busy today and I have to work late too (ick!), but I wanted to pop in and say hi! Still op (yea).

Have a great day!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 08:38 PM   #18  

Height: 5.6

Hi everyone!

Just wanted to pop in really quickly to stay I am still around. A bunch of activity going on (good and bad), plus I got worse after I started feeling better. Waiting for some more results to come in and the one medicine seems to be helping but it makes me sick for a while after I take it - today I was hurting bad enough that I took a pain pill after I came home and I am starting to get really sleepy. The other med has really diminished my appetite - so I am definitely staying on plan.

Just wanted to send out a virtual hug to everyone and say hi....

Has anyone heard anything about bp meds causing you to gain weight? I caught part of show on DHC (I think)and heard that...... It really irritated me and I was just wondering if anyone else had heard that....

Take care everyone!!
Penney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 06:24 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi chickies...I had an on plan day yesterday, I am grateful. I have managed to string 3 good days in a row.

My tummy is feeling better today. Yesterday I found some new stretches for my middle back. They feel wonderful. I added them to my daily stretches. I did the warm up and part of my chair aerobics. I am starting real slow. Glad I did them.

storytelling in am

stretches
lots of water
log food
journal feelings
meditation
PMA

breakfast - pnb toast with boca bacon, applesauce
lunch - egg white salad on toast, brocolli
snack - yogurt, blueberries
dinner - grilled salmon, sweet potato, green beans
snack - cereal, 1/2 banana, skim milk

Hi Penney - glad you popped in. Sorry you are in pain. (I understand totally - I have pain too.) Hugs back to you!

Mj5- hi...so glad you stop in. Hope you had a GREAT day.

Rhonda - yay! So glad to hear you've had a couple of on plan days. I hope you headache is gone! Good for you...pushing thru when you don't feel well!

Everyone - have a healthy day.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 09:25 AM   #20  
mj5

Good Morning! Hope everyone is doing well. I am feeling pretty good today. I see my endocrinologist in a few hours, so I am hoping I get some news. Work is still busy, but in a way that is a good thing...it helps keep me focused. I did very well yesterday, until dinner. I didn't totally blow it, but I certainly could have made better choices. Today is a new day and I am already drinking lots of water to help flush out some of the sodium.
Penney--I'm glad you are still around! I hope you can get feeling better soon. I haven't heard about bp meds causing weight gain, but then I really don't know much about them.

Beverlyjoy--So glad you are feeling better!

Hi to everyone else!
Old 06-26-2008, 02:12 PM   #21  
mj5

Hi again! I am back from my appt. Can I just say, it is SO nice to have a doctor who actually sits and not only talks to you (rather than at you), but listens and makes sure all questions are answered before you leave?! I love that!!!! All b/w looks good. Dr. explained that the anxiety is because I am just not producing enough seratonin. We actually talked at great length about my anxiety, possible other causes, weight loss (very happy w/ that), etc. All in all, a good appt. Ok, I REALLY need to get some work done now, but wanted to pop in quick to let everyone know how it went.

Have a great day!
Old 06-27-2008, 01:42 AM   #22  
gonna win the thin!

S/C/G: 270/see ticker/160

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

hey gang. very active day today, wow is it friday tomorrow? gee that was fast!

have a good day!
math puppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 06:40 AM   #23  

Hi everyone...I had a good on plan day yesterday - I am so grateful. (that makes 4 days - yippee). One thing I am doing differently is I am going back to a long meditation in the morning. I don't know if it's relevent - but, I had gone to listening to my various cd's when I was sleeping. But, I am finding it's much more effective to do it when I am not sleeping. I don't know if that's what has helped me...but, it's a start. At least it's one thing.

Today:

working this morning

log food
log feelings
meditation
lots of water
stretches and movement
PMA

breakfast - egg white salad, toast, peach
lunch - cottage cheese and banana, broccoli, sweet potato
snack - lite cheese, blueberries
dinner - creamed tuna and peas, green beans
snack - cereal, fruit, milk

Hi Math Puppy - glad you checked in...hope all is going well.

MJ5 - I am so, so glad the doctor listened to you and you had a good discussion about what's going on. I hope you'll get what you need. And...yay - that the doctor noticed your weight loss.

Have a good day folks!!
Old 06-27-2008, 10:09 AM   #24  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Good morning, Friends and TGIF!

Any big plans for the weekend? This is mine and Hubby's last weekend together before we pick up the girls next week. We might catch a movie or two and just enjoy the quiet for a little longer.

Penney - It's so good to hear from you. I'm sorry that I know nothing about BP medication's impact on weight. I hope you can find some answers.
Beverly - I'm so glad you have found something that works wonderfully for you! I've never tried meditation, but I do pray. I think they are somewhat similar. I know that I feel much more peaceful when I pray.
MJ - I'm glad your doctor was able to help you. I understand about the anxiety as my depression often leads to anxiety when I let it continue for too long. Did he prescribe anything for you? I'm loving Wellbutrin. I've only been on it for about a week, but I alreay can tell a huge difference.

Yesterday, I made it through day on-plan day 4. Although I didn't track my calories, I ate on-plan foods only and stayed on the same eating schedule and amounts as the previous 3 days. I'm confident that my calories were not out of line. I only had 16 ounces of water. I really don't like drinking the stuff! But, my big news........*drum roll, please*.......I did day 1 of week 1 of my 13 week modified C25K program! I actually did more than the required 30 minutes of 30 second runs interspersed 4 1/2 minute walks. I decided to do 50minutes with a 10 minute walking warm-up at the beginning. I was sweaty and exhausted and exhilirated all at the same time!

Hope everyone has a great on-plan day!

Last edited by GirlyGirlSebas; 06-27-2008 at 11:12 AM.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 10:48 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 285/ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

Greetings, all!

Sounds as if everyone is having a pretty good week! I've been more-or-less on plan, and think I've battled those two weird pounds back into oblivion. I'm trying not to weigh myself obsessively every day, so I won't know until Sunday if I've been successful.
Darkblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 12:50 PM   #26  
I am more than weight.

S/C/G: Starting Weight:260/150

Height: 5'3"

So far this week so good. I hope to have a weight loss tomorrow. Have been doing my eating plan very well. Have not been walking like I should, but hope to improve that next week.
TamTam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 03:00 PM   #27  
mj5

Hi everyone! I had an exhausting day at work today, so glad dh and I can just relax tonight!

math puppy--So glad to hear from you! I am super glad tomorrow is Friday!

Beverlyjoy--4 days in a row, that's fantastic! Thanks, I really like this doctor and I know I am lucky to have one who is so great about listening and paying attention to my weight loss.

Rhonda--Enjoy your last weekend of quiet! I am taking zoloft (actually prescribed by my regular dr), but I wanted to talk to my endocrin. about it too. I am seeing a slight difference, but it can take several weeks for it to really kick in. I f/up w/ my reg. dr. next week. Good news is, things are moving in the right direction. YEA for on plan day 4! I am so proud of you for starting the modified c25k program!!! Great job!

darkblue--Keep at it, I know you can do it!!!!

CatholicCajun--Sounds like you are doing well!

Last night I tried on the dresses I ordered for the fancy wedding dh is in--it's the same dress, in two different sizes. Both dh and my mom agreed that I should wear the smaller one and take the larger one back. So, that's what I am going to do! I think the smaller one clings to my butt a little bit, but then again I'm not used to wearing dresses. Both of them kept telling me how awesome it looked. So, I may run over to Old Navy this weekend to return the bigger one. Now I really only need to buy a necklace and I am all set! I plan to wear this same dress to my class reunion and another wedding (if we decide to go to it). The best part is, the dress only cost $35!!!!

Have a great on plan day!
Old 06-28-2008, 06:42 AM   #28  

Hi Chickies - I stayed on my plan yesterday - I am so grateful. I hopped on the scale today and, finally, my body has let go of some weight. I am down 2 pounds.....YAY! Thanks for you support, everyone.

I was very vigorous with my stretches, tried some new ones and have pulled a muscle on the other side of my back. The stretches felt good at the time. I just can't seem to win with this stuff. I'll use ice and heat and carry on. I am so mad at myself.

Today I am going to lunch or dinner with my mom and aunt. We haven't decided which meal. Whichever one it is...I'll have baked fish, salad, baked potato or something.

Mj5-- it's wonderful that you can wear the smaller size dress!!! That's a huge nsv. Doesn't it feel good???!!!!

Hi Cajun Catholic - glad you checked in and have been staying with your plan. That's wonderful.

Darkblue - I have to keep myself off the scales too - it plays HUGE tricks with my head. I only weigh every now and then because of it. Hang it there!!!

Rhonda - wow - time has gone by quickly and the kids are coming back soon. Enjoy your last 'alone' weekend with DH. GREAT job on staying OP and doing all your exercises and the rest. It's wonderful. As for the meditation. Ya know, I pray and I meditate...and, to me, they are very different. Meditation kind of takes you to a place that calms you because of how you do it. It's wonderfully calming and soothing - in a very different way than prayer. (to me)

Everyone...have a GREAT day.
Old 06-28-2008, 09:44 AM   #29  
I am more than weight.

S/C/G: Starting Weight:260/150

Height: 5'3"

Great News, as of this morning I have a 2.5 lb. loss for the week and hubby has a 1.75lb loss! Thank You God!!! Hope eveyone has a blessed day. Now off to work.
TamTam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 09:55 AM   #30  
started 1/28/08

Hi everyone!

Sorry to have been absent all week! The bridge tournament was fun, and we won a few masterpoints, but we didn't play as well as we hoped. There is a local tournament next week, so we'll have another go at it soon.

Since being away last weekend, I haven't been journaling my foods, and also I haven't been walking. I don't have any particularly good excuse . . . my friend is staying with me and I just didn't make it enough of a priority. Sometimes I feel like weight loss takes so much time and energy, especially when traveling or eating out, that I have to choose between enjoying my life and losing weight. I know that is a silly attitude, and despite my frustration with the time required and my difficulty staying on plan when away from home, I really DO want to lose this weight, so . . . I'm going to do some serious advance planning and make sure that no matter what else is going on, I journal every day and walk at least 5 times next week.

mj -- congratulations on the smaller dress size - what a great NSV!

Bev -- congratulations on your loss, and on your advance planning for your lunch/dinner out. That is what I need to start doing.

Darkblue -- hooray for the victory over the weird two pounds!

Rhonda -- so glad to hear you had a good week . . . enjoy your last weekend w/o the kids!

Last edited by Merksie; 06-28-2008 at 09:55 AM.
Merksie is offline   Reply With Quote