3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   fire fire fire need you help now (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/144463-fire-fire-fire-need-you-help-now.html)

smyrah 06-21-2008 12:29 PM

fire fire fire need you help now

something is not right because im eating 6 time a day excerside 1 hr a day . im not gaining any weight it just that im getting very hungry , please help maybe im not doing something right. the more i excerside the hungry i get somthing not right help me please. i don't want to go back the way i was before i want to finish this and make a life style.

Glory87 06-21-2008 12:40 PM

I really need to get an idea of what you're eating during the day to give specific advice. In a general sense, I would encourage you to try a "volumetrics" approach - eat a lot of low calorie foods that will fill you up (like roasted cauliflower). I would also encourage you to eat lean protein at every meal and to make sure you are eating enough healthy fats during the day (olive oil, salmon, nuts/nut butters, avocado).

Few things fill me up more than peanut butter - because it's a protein + healthy fat (a measured serving, of course).

math puppy 06-21-2008 12:44 PM

how much weight are you losing?

fiberlover 06-21-2008 01:15 PM

Post an example day, if we don't know what you are eating, we can't give you any help.

smyrah 06-21-2008 01:33 PM

ok my daily food intake.
breakfast specail k with lowfat milk with a yogurt
snak fiber bar
lunch a salad with fish or chicken breast
snak fruit
dinner brown rice with veggie and fish or chicken
snak glass of milk or snak bar
i dont know maybe im doing it wrong

Glory87 06-21-2008 01:55 PM

You aren't doing it wrong - but you aren't eating very much, so it's no wonder you're hungry a lot.

The biggest thing I would change is your breakfast - I know Special K is low calorie, because it's about as nutritionally powerful as sawdust and less filling. My personal favorite is whole grain toast, one piece with peanut butter, one piece with a no sugar added jam. I also like oatmeal with 2 tbs of organic apple butter stirred in (or 1/4 cup of Trader Joe's organic dried blueberries) and a whole wheat tortilla wrapped around 1/4 cup eggbeaters, spinach leaves and tons of salsa.

One of my big goals was to move away from processed foods, so I don't eat stuff like snack bars very often (although I always have one in my purse and in my desk at work for snack emergencies, I like the Nectar dark chocolate walnut bar). Other good snacks that might be more filling: string cheese with fruit, measured serving of trail mix (gotta be careful with this stuff, it tastes so good it's hard to stop at a 1/4 cup serving), cottage cheese, apple with 2 tbs of peanut butter, serving of hummus with whole wheat pita chips, etc.

Here is my menu from Thursday:

B - 1/2 cup Nature's path organic pumpkin flax granola, Trader Joe's non fat Greek yogurt with honey

S - small package of fresh strawberries

L - big salad I made myself - spinach leaves, sliced waterchestnuts, chopped yellow pepper, red onion, shredded carrot, broccoli slaw, grape tomatoes, grilled chicken breast, edamame, 2 tbs of Trader Joe's Asian peanut vinaigrette, a small sprinkle of cashew pieces

S - no sugar added cocoa (100 calories)

S - nectarine

S - cut up veggies - baby carrots, sugar snap peas, red pepper strips, grape tomatoes

D - I made a crockpot chicken dish with a bottle of Williams Sonoma Sicilian simmer sauce, chicken breast, served over brown rice with steamed broccoli

smyrah 06-22-2008 07:24 AM

thanks for your help.