Old 06-17-2008, 08:30 PM   #16  
gonna win the thin!

S/C/G: 270/see ticker/160

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

hey gang!

what a sunny day it was here in the north west. so nice. im going to do some exercises in the back yard for 20 mins then im off to my class. yay for working out. hope to be back for personals tonight, but if not ill catch you all later! have a great night!
math puppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 08:41 PM   #17  

Height: 5.6

Hey everyone - sorry for fading out there. I guess I kind of decided to stay in my funk for a while. Which I was told that to expect that to happen from time to time -especially during the first year.

I have managed to stay on track with my eating - but I did something to my shoulder and it has been really sore the past couple of days - so I have not been lifting weights. I have been walking though, but I don't think really enough to brag about.

Rhonda - looking forward to hear what you think about Bob's book - I read it too.... Good for you on making the appointment - sending lots of positive vibes your way.

Looks like everyone is really moving forward - makes me feel like a slug-a-bed.... Good job everyone!!

Well - I guess I need to work on getting my best foot forward - I need to make a committment to come here and read everyday - even if I don't post - I get so much encouragement just reading everyone's posts.

Take care all!
Penney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 10:39 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 285/ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

Breakfast--Raisin Bran, 2C skim milk, hot tea
Lunch--sandwich--deli-thin turkey, provolone cheese, tomato, dab of mayo, wheat bread, water
Snack--1C cherries
Dinner--slice of pork roast, 1/3C scalloped potatos, 1/2C green beans, one hot biscuit with 1tbs honey, iced tea

1530 kcal, 24g fiber, 30 minutes' walk around neighbhorhood, water

Hope everyone had a great day!
Darkblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 05:33 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi Everyone - yesterday I did well until after dinner - then I overate. I am planning for a good today.

lots of water
stretches
log food
meditation
PMA

breakfast - peanut butter toast, boca bacon, 1/2 banana
lunch - 'fried' brown rice with egg whites, onions, mushrooms, brocolli
snack - yogurt, fruit
dinner = turkey and lite cheese wrap, green bean salad
snack - oatmeal, milk, raisins, flax

Have a GREAT day!
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 09:35 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Good morning chicks, I have been lackadaisical about posting here this week, and equally so about my plan. I have been mostly on plan but I'm PMSing big time and I was really hungry Monday. I ate more than planned but mostly healthy stuff, except I did break into my stash of dark chocolate that I keep for the weekend treat. But only 200 calories of damage there, so not too bad, I just figured no treat this weekend. Then yesterday I did have a couple of cookies that were definitely not on plan. I will do better today. I really did mean it about this house being a no-junk zone, it's just going to take a few days to find everything and get it out of here. I had unfortunately forgotten that we had a couple of boxes of Girl Scout cookies in our basement stash, and the kids pulled them out yesterday. By the end of the day, what didn't get eaten went in the trash. This is a really hard thing for me, as I hate to throw away perfectly good food, but I am getting better at it. I have also been down and absolutely no energy for the last couple of days, so exercise has been terrible.
DH is off on a business trip this morning and he'll be back Friday night, so I hope I can take the "alone" time to get my act together. Then on July 3, he leaves for Japan and he'll be gone for 4 months, so my head is kind of spinning trying to think of everything we need to attend to before he goes.

Hugs to you Rhonda, you are doing what you need to do for yourself and I'm proud of you!

Here is my plan to be back on plan today:
B: tomato juice, 2 egg and cheese cups, coffee with milk
S: one cup of grapes, a little cottage cheese
L: refried beans with salsa and cheese, broccoli-cauliflower salad
S: celery with LCLC, nonfat latte
D: submarine sandwiches for the kids, some kind of chef-style salad for me
S: ricotta with strawb/rhub compote

I haven't been drinking my water either so I'm going to get started on that right now, and I'll get a good walk in today, maybe even a WATP. I've got to pull myself out of this!
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 12:52 PM   #21  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Hi everyone! I am feeling kinda blah today. Hope everyone is having a nice on plan day!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 01:04 PM   #22  

must be going around mj!
Old 06-18-2008, 02:11 PM   #23  
started 1/28/08

Hi everyone!

I'm just back from my walk in the park - perfect summer weather here in NYC today. I'm on track for a totally on-plan day . . . which is a good thing since yesterday was a fitness plan train wreck

Here's me 'fessing up for yesterday . . . I didn't end up going for a walk after all (another interminable talk with my friend who is staying with me and with whom I am having all sorts of problems wasted most of the afternoon) and I ate & drank way, way too much at dinner . . . I had a calorie surplus yesterday, not a deficit! In retrospect, a Brazilian steakhouse where they just keep bringing the food was a very bad idea . . . but on the bright side, the food was excellent and we had a good time.

Schmoodle -- good work tossing those GS cookies! I also find it really hard to throw food away, but I just tell myself it's equally wasted if it ends up padding my already too-ample bottom. 4 mos in Japan . . . wow, that's exciting. Will you have a chance to visit him there?

Bev -- here's to both of us getting back on track today!

Penney -- it's a great accomplishment to have stayed on track with your eating . . . hope your shoulder feels better soon.
Merksie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 03:45 PM   #24  

Merksie, sorry to hear about your slip yesterday, but the important thing is to not let it turn into a looong slide, and sounds like you are right back in the game today.
No, I'd love to visit DH, but he will be on a ship most of the time and I'll be working and taking care of kiddies. We are hoping we can pull together a trip to France in the fall though, which is something nice to look forward to. He is happy, he gets sent lots of crummy places, but he always loves to visit Japan. I will just have to think of something nice he can bring me back - I'm thinking pearls would be good.
Old 06-18-2008, 11:46 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 285/ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

Breakfast--bowl of Kellog's Smart Start cereal, 1/2 banana, 2C skim milk, lo-cal microwaved bacon, hot tea
Lunch--sandwich--wheat pita bread, turkey, lt mayo, provolone cheese, tomato, avocado slices; water
Dinner--Panera Bread--cup of potato soup, roll, 1/2 of small caesar salad, iced tea

If I'd stopped here I'd have been fine, but no...had to walk past the bakery...but at least I only got a small pecan twist and only ate half of it..

1840 cal, 28 g fiber

Lots of water, did my mile walk, did housework
---------------------------

Beverly--get back on track today, plan and do it!

Merksie--sounds like a fun evening, though! I hope things work out for your friend.

Schmoodle--I love Girl Scout cookies...they are so hard to fight off! Kudos to you for resisting them. I'd not be handling it well if my DH went off TDY for four months. Two weeks at a time are bad enough. Hope your day went well and you're feeling more energetic.

mj5--hope your blah day improved *hugs*

Rhonda--thinking of you *hugs*
Darkblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 12:47 AM   #26  
gonna win the thin!

im so tired today, im going to be early i didnt exercise today and went a bit over plan. grrrr. oh well tomorrow is a brand new day and i have lots of gardening.. kungfu....and a gym visit all planed into it! yay. well im pretty much dead on my feet so i better check out!
have a great day all of you!

Penney- i know exactly how you feel, i am also struggling with commitment and feel that checking in regularly here would benefit me greatly. we can do it!

bevjoy- after dinner is always the hardest

schmoodle- about throwing away the cookies, i know how you feel, i feel the same way. then some one told me "you can either put them in the trash or wear them on your body" suddenly the trash seemed like a better place to put them! you'll pull through! you have lost 62 lbs! you are one of my heroes for that!

mj5- im feeling pretty blah myself, i think a hot bath and going to bed early might help

merksie- lol we gave schmoodle the same advice!

rhonda- you will be in my thoughts. *hugs*
Old 06-19-2008, 12:51 AM   #27  
gonna win the thin!

okay, confession time!!!

i haven't changed my ticker or even weighed myself since i feel off plan like, a month ago.
i have reached the point where i can emotionally handle owning up to the damage i caused but im not looking forward to it at all!!
ill weigh in tomorrow morning, hold my hand?

(eek!)
Old 06-19-2008, 06:14 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi chicks: Yesterday I stayed within my calorie range - I am so grateful. I had chocolate, although unplanned, and counted it in. I was soothing myself with chocolate (pieces and parts were hurting) during the day which isn't the best thing to do - but, I edited some other meals and made the day work out fine. However, it's not something I want to do often. I think it's best to PLAN for treats.

Today:

working this am

meditation
stretches
ice/heat
log food
lots of water
PMA!

breakfast- pnb toast with boca bacon, 1/2 banana
lunch - egg white salad sandwich, open face, beets and ff sour cream
snack - cheese, strawberries
dinner - garden burger with lite cheese on lite bun, green beans
snack - oatmeal, raisins, flax, milk

ACK!!!!!!!!! I did the personals and somehow LOST them and they didn't post. I'll try again later.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 06-19-2008 at 06:36 AM.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 09:48 AM   #29  

Hi chicks, I'm plugging along and waiting for that darn whoosh fairy to show up. If any of you have seen her, please send her my way. I was on-plan yesterday.
mathpuppy, hope you did not have too much trauma this morning. Better to face it now than a month from now!
Forced myself to do a WATP yesterday, and I do mean FORCED. And I took a short walk, so at least I did something. Today I will try to do more.
Here's my food plan:
B: oatmeal breakfast bars, coffee with milk
S: egg and cheese cup
L: black beans with salsa and cheese, raw celery and carrots
S: smoothie made with cottage cheese, milk, strawb-rhubarb compote
D: Salmon patty with brown rice, steamed green beans, salad
S: ???

Have a good day chicks!
Old 06-19-2008, 10:28 AM   #30  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Hi everyone! I am feeling better today, still a little blah, but better. I think part of the reason is it has been far too long since I have had any REAL time off. I am on vacation at the end of July for a week, but that seems like a long way away right now!

So far, totally on plan today! YIPPEE!

Have a great day everyone!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote