3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Nappers - what do you do? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/143887-nappers-what-do-you-do.html)

valpal23 06-14-2008 03:43 PM

Nappers - what do you do?

K! So during the last couple weeks I've ended up napping quite a bit (I bought a house last month...there's always something to do) I have MS so I'm already pretty low energy. anyways... I havent ever been able to nap till recently.

BUT now whenever I wake up from a nap.. I am famished. Not just hungry... but urgently looking for food.

Anybody care to guess why? Am I waking up dehydrated?

Plans of action for keeping my eating under control after a nap right now are -- putting a snack in the fridge before I go to sleep. and drinking several cups of water right after I wake up. Have any good suggestions for keeping control post nap? (during that dazed half awakeoh my gosh I need food NOW) faze.

rasyealn 06-14-2008 06:10 PM

I am a HUGE napper. Seriously, sleep is one of my favorite things in the world. I use to wake up starved also, but now before naps I drink a glass of water and take a water bottle to the bedroom with me. When I wake up I drink the water bottle that way I don't have to go into the kitchen to get water. If I had to go into the kitchen for it I'd be more likely to snack. Anywho that seems to work for me until its time for a small snack or dinner.

just_a_dreamy1 06-14-2008 10:17 PM

valpal23,

The nap that I had the other day was my first in a LONG time. LOVE them!!

I always have a bottle of water as soon as I wake up. Then I have a peice of fruit. I used to wake up and grab the sweetest thing in the fridge/cupboards to snack on. Fruit helped me quash that.

When I wake up from a nap, I always have cotton head/mouth. You know, that feeling where you're stuffed with cotton... Drinking lots of water and taking a walk for fresh air are the only things that clear that away.

When I'm tired or stressed, food can be a temptation, and I've found just going to bed or having a nap can put me back on track. I'm sure you'll find a way to get around the post nap munchies, and maybe they'll become part of your healthy lifestyle strategies, too :)

Mommie27 06-15-2008 12:13 AM

I loooooooooove to sleep!!! I can drink a pot of coffe and a redbull and STILL fall asleep in a blink! I try to nap right before a scheduled snack time, I make sure I know what my snack will be before I go to sleep, and I ALWAYS have a water bottle bottle with me. Don't give up...keep tryin different things until you find something that works for you! :)

Gale02 06-15-2008 06:04 AM

Ok, I'll admit to something the experts say isn't healthy. When I first started on my weight loss journey I discovered that I was waking up with the same feeling... I was just flat-out starving. So, I started timing a snack for right before I go to bed. In fact, I usually eat it in bed. I find that it keeps me from scavenging right when I wake up. I never took naps before I got pregnant, but I would eat my last meal of the day in bed. Now, I nap a few times per week and I always have a snack right before hand. I know "they" say it isn't healthy to go to bed on a full stomach, but I managed to lose nearly 65lbs in 10 months doing this, so I didn't see that it hurt my weight loss efforts at all.