3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Hot Weather Cooking (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/143470-hot-weather-cooking.html)

jtammy 06-11-2008 08:42 AM

I don't have any specific recipes, but I just wanted to mention that instead of using my oven, many times I use my small toaster oven. It doesn't produce heat like the regular oven and I can often cook enough in it to avoid the big oven.

BrandNewJen 06-11-2008 10:30 AM

I second the "use your griddle outside" idea--- I made some delicious Healthy Oatmeal Pancakes (recipe on recipezaar) with some blueberry sauce and light cool whip the other night--- sooooo good!!! We're grilling a lot more, too--- last night we had chicken on the grill, and then I diced up potatoes, put some onions in there, S&P, onion and garlic powder--- put them in two foil packets and grilled them as well--- YUM!

I tried grilled broccoli (in a foil packet, with a little oil, lemon juice, S&P, and some parm cheese) and it was actually pretty good. I kinda overcooked mine, but I like mushy broccoli anyhow.

(we're from Buffalo NY--- used to have 80 degree summers, now we're hitting 90!!! we don't have AC in our apartment, but we had to get a window unit for our bedroom. Like Schmoodle, there is ZERO romance when two big people are all hot and sweaty and sticky. YUCK. :) )

xxxtine 06-11-2008 11:21 AM

It's been so hot in the North East!

Here's a few recipes and foods I love to eat when it's sweltering

Tomato and mozerella with a little oregno and olive oil and olives. (You might want to hold off on this one....You don't want to get sick. Tomato scare and all)

Homemade Mock Pickles

Take a few cucumbers, peel and slice. In a bowl add your favorite white vineger, add cold water and plenty of dill. The strength depends on how much Vinegar you use. You probably want to use at least half a cup. Salt for taste. The good thing about these are they can sit in your fridge for a few days and get better and better each day.

Black Bean Salad

Take canned black beans (Rinse and drain) put in a bowl, chop a red onion (I usually use a half), fresh cilantro, and 1/4 cup of Balsamic Vinegar.(Or to taste) Salt and Pepper to taste

This one is good the same day but much better the next. It is also versatile. You can add veggies. Maybe green peppers, corn or chicken? Fast, easy and delish.

I also love Mango and Avocado.

Chop up both, put in a bowl and add some lime juice, red pepper flakes if you like a little heat. Delicious on it's own as a side or on grilled catfish, chicken or pork.

Lyn2007 06-11-2008 11:55 AM

You guys are funny. I am out west and I actually had to turn my heat on the othr day. It is unseasonably cold. We got snow in the mountain passes last night. And I baked the other day just to warm up the house. LOL :)

famograham 06-11-2008 04:33 PM

I'm with you Lyn and Aimee!!! :hug:
The weather we've been having is horrid!!
I've had to put the heat on most days this week, and last :(

We've had some beautiful days, but I am SO ready for every day to be warm and sunny...I want to be toooo hot!!!!

SwimGirl 06-11-2008 08:22 PM

Lyn - I am going on vacation in 3 weeks, and those mountain passes that got the snow are the direction I am headed!! Yikes! It better warm up because I am looking forward to 2 weeks at my moms house by the beach!!

Linda - lol, I am making lasagna right now to help warm up the house!!

-Aimee

mrs dorson 06-11-2008 08:44 PM

pizza on the grill?

how do you do that?