Old 06-10-2008, 03:49 PM   #31  
Bunnababy

S/C/G: 294/261/150

Congratulations Manda on making Onderland.

As for me today the only thing going is TOPS weigh in tonight. Just hanging out watching lifetime movies as I woke up with a very painful foot so not much walking around.

Planning on having chili for dinner. Yes, it is still chili weather in Oregon, I know some of you are roasting already in the summer sun.

Have had two good days on plan so going for number three.
Bunnababy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 05:49 PM   #32  

Height: 5'4"

Bunnababy, sorry about the pain in your foot!

We had a bad storm here last night and it wiped out our internet. AHHH! The cable internet repair man came by early this morning and fixed it. He had to give us a new box outside, IDK.

I've had a pain in my back since this morning and I can't seem to shake it. I think I may have worked out a little harder yesterday.

Hope everyone is having a great day!
crazycurls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 10:43 AM   #33  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazycurls View Post
I've had a pain in my back since this morning and I can't seem to shake it. I think I may have worked out a little harder yesterday.
Oh no! Take care of yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunnababy View Post
Planning on having chili for dinner. Yes, it is still chili weather in Oregon, I know some of you are roasting already in the summer sun.
Isn't all weather chilli weather?! I love chilli!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahill1979 View Post
For the first time in 15 years I weigh less than 200 lbs!!!
That is wonderful! Congratulations!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayhm0711 View Post
Hey everyone. I am new to this thread just wanted to chat with some others who are in the same boat as myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by valpal23 View Post
:I actually discovered this week that in the same time I could do a 3k hike I did last summer -40 minutes- (huffing and puffing) I can do 4.5 k without straining. So I have improved!
Yes, you have! Great news!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoChick View Post
I feel so much better today.
That's great news.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thistoo View Post
The only movie I've seen recently is The Strangers, which was pretty scary!
Do you recommend it? I've heard mixed reviews.

Today is another typical work day around here. Nothing exciting going on in my corner of the world. Talked with my daughters by phone last night. My oldest is doing a beginners volleyball camp. My SIL said the coaches told her my daughter is a "natural." I have an athletic daughter! Now, I just need to find some kind of volleyball club or team here in Georgia. The coach also said that Georgia is one of the worst states for volleyball. Oh well, I knew I'd eventually find something about this state that I didn't like much. And, my youngest is loving Vacation Bible School. I guess I should get off my behind and find a church to take them to. And, I don't think it would hurt Hubby and I much either!

Hubby and I bathed the pup last night...our 5 1/2 month old Lab mix. That was quite an effort! There was water everywhere and Hubby and I were soaking wet! I never seen a dog so very afraid of a bath. I thought Labs liked the water? Just think.....we get to enjoy this adventure at least once a month!
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 11:15 AM   #34  
The Radiant One

S/C/G: 250/142/135

Height: 5'2"

Hi gang! Just popping in. We had big storms blow through last night and today is wonderfully cool and nonhumid!! Ahhhhhhh.......
fiberlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 11:20 AM   #35  
Loving life!!

S/C/G: 360/159/145

Height: 5' 8"

Morning!

I just finished working out and feeding the dogs. I have a 9 week old Great Dane puppy, a boxer and a chihuahua....I have to call the vet to see how old pups have to be to get fixed. It's been about 3 years since I have had to do that. Since they charge by the pound for females I would like to get the Great Dane fixed ASAP lol She's already like 30 pounds, yikes!

My husband told me yesterday that we are going to Amsterdam and Germany in the fall on a company trip! Yeay! I'm so freaking excited His company goes to a shipping expo every year held over there and we've been invited before but I didn't want to leave the kids since they were so young. I have to get another passport since it's been like 10 years since mine expired.

Blah, kids are driving me crazy so I'll be back later!

Last edited by TJFitnessDiva; 06-11-2008 at 11:21 AM.
TJFitnessDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 12:43 PM   #36  
Caroline

Height: 5'0"

I am so jealous of all you dog owners. I'm just not home often enough for dogs, so I make do with a couple obnoxious cats. It's not quite the same (they refuse to go for walks with me!).

Rhonda, I do recommend The Strangers. It starts slowly, but I felt that really added to the atmosphere of the film. Parts of it were definitely predictable (at least if you're a horror junkie like me), and there's a line at the end I felt would have been better left on the cutting room floor, but overall I really enjoyed it. I don't scare easily, but that one woke me up a few times the night after I saw it. Probably because my back yard resembles the one in the film, minus the creepy outbuildings.

My sister really liked it too, though one of my coworkers felt it was too slow. Your mileage may vary and all that.

Last edited by thistoo; 06-11-2008 at 12:43 PM.
thistoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 02:31 PM   #37  

Thistoo, I was going to watch the strangers last weekend but my friend said she didn't like it. I think I am still going to go watch it cause I scare easily. I don't think I've watched many scary movies that didn't at least spook me a little.

RomanceDiva, I want a Great Dane. They are kind of like having a minature pony! I got my puppy spayed when she was 6 months old, that was the required age here. I heard getting your dog spayed helps her live longer and reduces other health risks. I bet its funny to see the chihuahua and great dane beside each other!!

GirlyGirl, Congrats on having such an athletic daughter. Volleyball is kind of hard, well it was for me anyway. I played one year in high school and couldn't do it anymore. I've never seen a lab that hates water....strange! My dog is part beagle and hates water too.

My back is feeling much better today. I bought one of those body balls last night and I'm afraid of it. DH was trying to use it last night and fell. He wasn't hurt so it was actually kind of funny. We ended up playing with it more than using it for exercise. DH and I had a good time! We laughed for hours. We are big kids by the way.
crazycurls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 03:19 PM   #38  
Bunnababy

S/C/G: 294/261/150

How would you like to have this one spayed: The biggest dog on record was both the longest and the heaviest, an old English mastiff named Zorba. In 1989, Zorba weighed 343 pounds and was 8'3" long from nose to tail. Speaking of canine ponies! Don't think I would want to bath him either.

Isn't all weather chilli weather?! I love chilli! A great big yes to that. I think that is one of my favorite foods. My dil got me started on a McCormick mix for white bean and chicken chili. Yummers.

I lost three pounds this week.

The grandkids are out of school officially as of today so will be even busier with kids. Wish my 12 yo granddaughter would play volleyball. I love it but apparently she's not interested. Darn it! The grandson isn't playing summer baseball this year so we are done with sports already. What are we gonna do all summer!!!
Bunnababy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 04:20 PM   #39  
Loving life!!

All of my animals are spayed/neutered, it's my duty as a pet owner....my SIL also brings home cats and I get them fixed as they come in. A big financial burden but if we can't give them away I'd rather not have dozens of cats having babies My vet has worked out a deal with me on that and kinda hope I can talk him into a deal for the Great Dane! If she can be spayed now I'd do it in a heartbeat but she has 3 more weeks till he can do it lol
Old 06-11-2008, 04:23 PM   #40  
Caroline

Congratulations, Bunnababy! That's a great week. No loss for me this week, but TOM started today so I'm happy to have not gained. It's a week early, which is weird, but at least I am getting it out of the way before my vacation next week.

Another thing I forgot to mention about The Strangers is that considering it's an American horror film, there was surprisingly little gore. There was no bad language at all, either. I guess that's why I liked it; its sensibilities felt very much like the moody, atmospheric Japanese horror I like so much. And now I am starting to sound like a geek so I'll stop.

Years ago I cleaned houses for a living, and one of my clients had a couple Great Danes. The girl was still a puppy, and she'd follow us around the house and jump on the bed to try to play whenever we changed the sheets. So cute! I could never fit that much dog in my little house, but she was a sweetie.
Old 06-11-2008, 04:25 PM   #41  
Loving life!!

I'm not into horror movies but I'm kind of interested in The Strangers for some reason lol My husband would be dragging me to the movies if I would admit that to him :x
Old 06-11-2008, 04:29 PM   #42  
Caroline

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomanceDiva View Post
I'm not into horror movies but I'm kind of interested in The Strangers for some reason lol My husband would be dragging me to the movies if I would admit that to him :x
It's the trailer. I haven't seen a trailer cut that well in a long time. In fact, they might have cut it a little too well; I bet that's the reason some people are feeling let down by the movie itself.
Old 06-11-2008, 04:32 PM   #43  
Manda

S/C/G: 304.5/165/149

Height: 5'2"

RomanceDiva---Does the Great Dane get along well with your other dogs? We have a Newfoundland and I have been wanting to get a small dog but I am afraid that our Newfie would hurt a small dog trying to play with it. When I say small I am thinking along the lines of 15 lbs or smaller. Our Newfie is 120 lbs.
ahill1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 04:48 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 237/165.8/130

I really liked The Strangers. I know a lot of people walked out of the movie theater complaining about the ending or saying they thought it was lame. But there were a lot of teenagers there and I think they expected more of a "slasher" movie than it was.

I really liked it a lot.

PhotoChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 05:00 PM   #45  
Loving life!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahill1979 View Post
RomanceDiva---Does the Great Dane get along well with your other dogs? We have a Newfoundland and I have been wanting to get a small dog but I am afraid that our Newfie would hurt a small dog trying to play with it. When I say small I am thinking along the lines of 15 lbs or smaller. Our Newfie is 120 lbs.
The Great Dane is only 9 weeks old but she gets along with the other two. I had the Boxer first before the other two and I was given the Chihuahua. The Boxer gets a little rough (she weights about 65 pounds) with the Chihuahua but she'll go and hide under the bed or something when she's had enough.