Old 06-12-2008, 02:03 PM   #31  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Hi everyone! I have been super busy (again? still?) at work. This is the first chance I have had to check in today! I feel better today, still having some anxiety, but I can tell the meds are starting to work...just wish they would work a little faster!!!!

math puppy--Welcome back!!!

Molly--Great job w/ the exercise, now if you can just get hubby to skip the snacks you'll be doing awesome!

beverlyjoy--You are doing fantastic!

merksie--great job getting your exercise in!

schmoodle--yea, get the pretzels out of that bag!

I am doing very well w/ food choices, exercise is the next hurdle! I will not have time (again) tonight. Tomorrow I AM going to the gym. My back is packed, the mp3 player is charged, I AM doing cardio when I get there.

Have a great day!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 05:04 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi...I am back for personals....

Schmoodle - Good plan. DARN that scale for not showing you the number you deserve. Chock it up to TOM.

MJ5 - SO GLAD the meds are starting to kick in...wonderful news.

Merksie - wonderful job on the 5 miles...you have a good attitude. That means SO much. Good luck at the wine and cheese art show. You CAN do this.

Rhonda - half way thru is awesome.....Miss Bippidty Bop.

Brn - Welcome!!!! ...sorry you were 'erased' in the crash. So glad to hear you are back on track. 4 pounds down...hoooray.

Penney -sorry to hear about being in a funk ....however, staying plan while being in a funk is a good accomplishment. You are taking good steps.

DArkblue ---!!!! So glad to see you again and to hear you've been on plan. YAY!!!

Math Puppey - we all missed you. I hope you feel better soon.

Jolly Molly - so glad you got your exercise in. I hope DH will stop bringing in those goodies. It's too tempting. Good luck.

Hope you are all having a good day.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 06-12-2008 at 05:05 PM.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 05:43 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Morning, Chicks - I had another OP day yesterday. I am so grateful.

Today will be busy. Working this morning. Lots of family will be here for the weekend as my nephew is getting married. There are three big food gatherings this weekend. (rehearsal dinner, wedding, Sunday Bruch). I am planning to do as best as I can. I may not be able to post much. I'll try.

Today:

working in AM
meditation
stretches
log food
lots of water
PMA

breakfast- toast with npnb and boca bacon, applesauce
lunch - cottage cheese and fruit, crackers, spaghetti sqash
snack - fruit, yogurt
dinner - chicken and whatever is a good choice (rehearsal dinner)
snack - oatmeal, flax, raisins, milk

Have a GREAT day.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 10:31 AM   #34  
started 1/28/08

Good morning, everyone!

Well, it's a darn good thing I got my exercise in yesterday morning, because even with it I only managed a calorie deficit of 10 yesterday . . . several glasses of wine at the opening, too much pre-dinner bread and too much food at dinner generally. I really need to get a handle on eating in restaurants and at social events . . . it's been my nemesis for a long time! On the other hand, the opening was a lot of fun, and my friend sold one of her pieces

I'm fired up to make today & tomorrow good days, since my weigh-in day is Sunday and I want to see results for my first week back on plan! I'm back from the park (beautiful weather here today), and I'm going to plan meals in advance so I'm sure to stay on track with eating.

Schmoodle -- I do the unscheduled weigh-ins too sometimes, and I also usually regret it! I'm sure the lbs will disappear when TOM does . . .

mj5 -- glad your meds are kicking in . . . hang in there!

Bev -- congratulations on another on-plan day, and have a wonderful time this weekend.
Merksie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 11:44 AM   #35  
mj5

Hi everyone! I am so glad it's friday! I really need some down time!!!!

Beverlyjoy--Have a fantastic time this weekend!

Merksie--Good for you for getting right back on track today! Glad you had fun last night!

Nothing too exciting planned this weekend, but that's ok, I could use a relaxing weekend! I just realized that TOM is on it's way, so that could explain part of my funk too.

Have a great day!
Old 06-13-2008, 11:57 AM   #36  
live. love. travel.

S/C/G: 298/168/145

Height: 5'4"

Do you guys have room for one more? :wave
sunshower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 01:31 PM   #37  
mj5

sunshower--Of course! Welcome!!!!!
Old 06-13-2008, 04:45 PM   #38  
live. love. travel.

S/C/G: 298/168/145

Height: 5'4"

Hey there MJ! I smiled when I looked at your ticker. We had a one pound difference in starting weight and we have the same goal weight! That's exciting.

I wonder how it will feel to get there.... :daydreams
sunshower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 07:23 PM   #39  
mj5

sunshower--I know! I did too!!! I have to tell you w/ out even realizing it, you re-inspired me...seeing someone w/ my numbers and how far you have come...I KNOW I can do it too! It will feel FANTASTIC!!!!

Well, I did it! I finally got my butt back to the gym. Luckily my schedule is much less hectic next week, so I am back to my 'normal' plan of every day after work. To make it even better, I did 60 mins of cardio!!! I feel great!
Old 06-13-2008, 11:06 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 285/ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

Math Puppy, I hear you. I've been gaining/losing the same three pounds for a while.

Molly--how was the hike? My DH would like to join a hiking group and going regularly.

Merksie--what do you mean by calorie deficit? I agree--eating out at any social gathering is really really hard.

Beverly--8 days in a row on plan just seriously rocks. You go, girl! Be strong at the receptions and dinners!

mj5--good luck on the exercise! Hope you have a good relaxing weekend--sounds as if work is wild, lately.

Welcome, sunshower!
Darkblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 02:32 PM   #41  
mj5

Hi everyone! Hope you are all having a great on plan weekend!

I went to some garage sales w/ my grandmother this am. The only thing I bought was a small french rhubarb pie for dh (I don't like pie, so NO temptation for me!) and a pint of the yummiest strawberries I have ever tasted for me. So, not a total loss!
Old 06-14-2008, 03:21 PM   #42  
started 1/28/08

Hi all!

I was on-plan yesterday - calorie deficit of -1,331, which partially compensates for Thursday - grr. I'm taking a day off from walking - cleaning my apartment instead - it sure needs it .

Darkblue -- Calorie deficit is the difference between calories burned and calories eaten . . . I use fitday to calculate this. I enter foods eaten and specific exercise in addition to my basic activity level, and the program estimates calorie expenditure for that basic activity level and adds it all up. I'm aiming for an average calorie deficit of 1,000 per day, which at least in theory should result in loss of 2 pounds of fat per week.

Sunshower -- welcome!

mj5 -- enjoy the berries!

Last edited by Merksie; 06-14-2008 at 03:22 PM.
Merksie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 11:58 PM   #43  
gonna win the thin!

S/C/G: 270/see ticker/160

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

Looks like today was kinda slow 'round here. It was a beautiful day out today. Im going to bed early today, in preparations for my early morning exercising. It all starts Monday, im so happy I have my partner in on it too. If it’s the first thing I do everyday then, well, ill get my exercise in every day!

I really got to drop all my regained weight (5 lbs) and then some. I get to go on a cruise to mexico in October!!! Im so excited!!

Also I have 3 weeks to lose as much as I can for my orange belt test in my martial arts school. It will make it sooo much easier on my knees and id rather not huff and puff the whole time in front of the whole school. I want to be a kung fu machine

Bev- thanx for the welcome back, you are so sweet. Good luck with the wedding!

Jolly molly-getting back on track is pretty much the same for me!

Merksie- good for you and “just do it” mentalities, I could use some of that!

Schmoodle- I have never known a wine that I actually liked, but I found some at the farmers market that didn’t contain any sulfites. It was AMAZING. I think I will be joining you with wine and chocolates as a treat ! hee hee

Mj- hey! Yes, work work work, if you’re not careful, you might have no play.

Sunshower- if that pic you got isn’t the sweetest face I don’t know what is!

Darkblue- at least its just a few lbs and not everything, right?!
math puppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 06:24 PM   #44  
mj5

Hi everyone! Hope you are all doing well. I have done well w/ food choices today and actually exceeded my water goal (yea!). My gym back is all packed for tomorrow and so is my nice, healthy lunch! I want to get back into doing some cardio in the am too, but this new med makes me really tired, so that will have to be put on hold right now. I really need it (the med) for now.

Merksie--Great job! The berries were fantastic!

math puppy--Sounds like you have a great plan! A cruise to Mexico, that sounds fantastic!!!! Ok, now I have the song Kung Fu Fighter in my head!!! LOL! I know, I need to get the balance back into my life--that's part of the problem--too much work!

I was trying to figure out what to do w/ myself today, other than sitting home and feeling sorry for myself (still in missing my dad mode these days) when my best friend called and invited me over for lunch and girl talk. It was awesome!!!! We just sat on her porch and chatted away all afternoon. I SO needed that!

Ok, I need to go eat some dinner, not really hungry, but I need to eat a little something.

Have a great evening!

Last edited by mj5; 06-15-2008 at 06:25 PM.
Old 06-16-2008, 12:24 AM   #45  
gonna win the thin!

S/C/G: 270/see ticker/160

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

mj- isnt it great when you get to spend time with friends? i love how somtimes when you need it most, it just happens out of the blue

i ate pretty healthy today, i cut out some fresh lettuce from my first garden and let me tell you, it tasted awsome!! i think there is somthing that produce loses in the transportation. really, that lettuce like, i dont know how to explain it, melted(?) in my mouth!

ready for my am work out tommorow, wish me luck with my follow through... (not so good at that part!)
math puppy is offline   Reply With Quote